Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 13th, 2006, 06:43 AM
Admiral

Default Its Wednesday!!!!!

Good Morning all!!!! Got my poor little Pacifica back again all shiny and new looking again. I am thinking of having an exorcism performed on it as part of preventive maintence. Which brings to mind Ed's post yesterday stating that he got shut out deer hunting. Better luck next year, maybe you should come down here and ride to work with me in the "Bambi Killer", you may just luck out without the expense of a licence or the bother of toting your shotgun

Hope everyone has a great day. I would rather see this from where I sit, rather than the Brooklyn waterfront:

Caribbean Princess off Princess Cays

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2006, 06:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Doug, at least you have windows and a view if you're looking at the Brooklyn waterfront. My "office" is a former exam room at the health dept....at least I have a sink!
The good news in Orlando today is our son has been accepted at Florida State University! YAY! His first choice is Univ. of Georgia but haven't heard from them yet.
Angela Z.
Old December 13th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's a warm and rainy morning here in western NY, where I've been seeing deer standing by the road every morning this week. They really know how to harass me!

Don't worry Doug, my vehicles are well versed in slamming into Bambi's little friends. As a matter of fact, the first new car I ever bought had a Bambi target in front of it. $1800 damage back in in the early '80s was quite a bit of damage. The other times were just fender benders.

Today is the last day of my bosses' vacation, so all of the craziness will begin as we close down the business. A week from Friday is our last day.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old December 13th, 2006, 07:36 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where I too wish I had that view outside my window, instead of the dead trees in the dark and the rain. It's +4C today (39F) which is weird for mid Dec., and rain all day. Gonna be a long one at work....

Eddie, got mail yet?

Doug, a car exorcism sounds like a good idea at this point!

Angela, congrats to your son!

I'm off early this morning to see my osteopath, hoping she can help with a couple of problems....
Have a good Hump Day everyone!

donna
Old December 13th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It's a foggy and icy day here in the land of 10,000 spin outs. No snow but a lot of ice on the roads. I was just watching the morning news and it looks like people are not driving too well and the sanding trucks didn't make it out in time. "Gee, they just had a report on the 10:00 p.m. news about the excess amount of sand the county had." I wonder why they didn't put it down.

Doug: I'll take that view of the Brooklyn harbor right now. It seems that in my career the better the job was the worse the view became. My first office was fantastic and the last one was a tiny thing with a view of a swamp. I think the shrinking of the office corresponded to the expansion of the paycheck and scope of authority.

Today's agenda consists of sending some emails, finalizing some cruise plans and phone support in helping my brother set up his new computer. The first two should get done but the brother doesn't get home until seven. That's pretty late for this guy.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 13th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Central Texas where it is due to warm way up today. They say in the upper 70's.

I have work today, teaching or guarding the kids who can not behave in a regular classroom. The classroom is in an old closet. Will be fun, but don't worry I have my headache meds.

Jim just e-mailed to say he got another box from a Cruisemate. I can't tell you how great this is. It had puzzles in it, so they are trying to decide who gets what. At home they probably would not pick up a puzzle, but over there, everything is important.

Got to go, but wishes all my Cruisemates a great day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 13th, 2006, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

It is grey and windy here. Yesterday I kept going into rooms and trying to turn of the lights - I couldn't figure out why all the lights were on in the middle of the day. Then I realized that it was because the sun was shining. I felt really dumb and was glad no one was home but the dog. But, it truly had been so long since the sun has shone here that I couldn't figure out what to do with it. My hair is not officially blonde - very light brown tho'.

Off to work soon. I'm making progress. I'm getting a little stressed, but I'm trying to suck it up and remain calm. I really can't afford an anxiety attack or anything right now. I went to the grocery store last night, but just couldn't figure out what to make for supper, so I just didn't buy anything. We had to eat McDonalds - it was pretty awful. It will inspire me to buy real food. The kids will be home and they will give me meal ideas for a few days anyway until the novelty of home cooked food wears off.

Doug - love the color of that water. I have a windowless office.
Glad your car is back with you. Hope it stays in one peace from
now on.
Ed - next year you'll bag the big one.
Donna- hope you get fixed today
Angela - Congrats for your son

Good Day to you all.
Old December 13th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Good morning everybody, it is 39F and humid, due to warm up more today. Where is winter? I see Doug's pictures and want to get away!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old December 13th, 2006, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone. Looks like a chamber of commerce day here in Fl. Hope it's like this when you all get here for the Cruise.

I'm off to do some errands.

Have a good one all.

Phyll
Old December 13th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Good morning, everyone. Mort and I got back on Monday from our cruise on the Century. Had a wonderful time, service was excellent in every area, beds very comfortable, entertainment very good - weather not so good. Very windy and cold (for us) in Key West so we stayed on the ship. Our beach tour to Passion Island in Cozumel was cancelled. But - we had fun participating in various activities around the ship (lots of different types of trivia games). Hated to get off the ship but felt better about it knowing that we'd be back on board again for our New Year's cruise.
Cindy
Old December 13th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Admiral

Good morning all; agree with Phyllbo; another Chamber of Commerce day.
Got the "office" door open (really a great big garage door) so I can have fresh air with no ac OR heater running today; nice and quiet without the background noise.
Very awesome picture wish I was there..
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old December 13th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Mates!

Ah, Doug. My imagination runs rampant when I look at that picture. I don't have to elaborate, because I'm sure everyone else has similar thoughts. Thanks.

A beautiful day is shaping up here, too. I'm at work and one wall is full of windows, so I have lots of sunshine. I only have one more day to enjoy it, however. Really strange! Not much work in store for me today, but lots of running around campus saying goodbyes.

Make it a great day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old December 13th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........WINDY today......lots of power outages......so far so good for our area......let's hope it stays that way.....

A few errands today......other then that staying in & trying to stay warm....

Y'all have a good Wednesday........

Sharon
Old December 13th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Supposed to see mid 50s F in Calgary today.

My 2nd last day of employment, and still lots of things to tend to. The joint does get emptier and emptier though.

Had a homelss shelter make 4 trips to pick up blankets, pillows, books and anything else they could use. So, most of the stuff we can't use will at least be going to good use.

Mrs. Kuki is delighted; she gets to start driving again today (she had to wait two weeks after surgery). She said she feels like she's getting out of prison. (I asked if the divorce came through )
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 13th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Default It's Wednesday

Good morning from sunny Southern Califonria. Cold here but more rain expected by the weekend. Much needed. We're about 1.45 inches behind as compared to last season.

Keith is not a happy camper. He's going through prep for a nasty test tomorow morning. I pray that the results are normal.

Other than that, not much going on.

Have a good day, all. Happy Century!

Judy