Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 21st, 2006, 06:49 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday....He sees you when you're sleeping...

.....he knows when you're awake Is Santa really a peeping Tom? What about invasion of privacy??? Can we sue for libel if he puts us on the naughty list???

Last workday until Christmas for me Our division is having its annual party with bad food and boring entertainment. All the branches sit at their own tables and glare at the others. We usually ditch the party right after the door prizes are awarded and head to other division parties who have a lot more fun.

Hope everyone has a great day and look busy...Santa is watching!!!!

Dear Santa: Here is what I want:

Princess Cays

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Sponsored Links
Old December 21st, 2006, 07:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Doug, we had our holiday luncheon yesterday and it was nice...no door prizes though but at least it wasn't the covered dish against our will affair of my old office.
Just a few stocking stuffers left to pick up.
Angela Z.
Old December 21st, 2006, 07:05 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

I'm sitting here at my computer at work on a chair that is about a foot too short for the table. I feel like I'm a kid at the adult table.

I've got all my shop equipment all packed up and ready to go. When the tractor-trailer gets here, then I start throwing away all the leftover junk.

I tried to some shopping last night, but I'm at a loss to what I should buy. Every time I buy something "different", it ends up in a rummage sale a couple years down the road. DW is not much for jewelry, so it really is tough sometimes. But I'll figure it out. I've got like three days to shop! An eternity!

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old December 21st, 2006, 07:48 AM
Admiral

lovely picture -
Doug: your comments remind of an email that was circulated awhile back about Santa, will try to find it - I think it may have been written by CruiseCynic.

Good morning all and hope everyone is prepared and ready for the holidays; I'm not, but oh well....
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old December 21st, 2006, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where the thermometer says 1C. Not very encouraging is it?
Doug, that photo is what I want from Santa too! That is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen and I want to go back again!

Too bad your Christmas party is so dull. Ours was a scream. We had this very serious, never-crack-a-smile, almost to the point of sullen, waiter for our private room party in an Italian restaurant. His lack of Christmas cheer bothered all of us party girls, and by the end of the evening, we had him dancing with us and smiling for photos! It was a hoot!

Today I have a blessed day off, just for one Dr. appointment in the middle of the day. The rest of the day I will put to good use and (hopefully) finish my Christmas shopping!

donna
Old December 21st, 2006, 08:35 AM
Captain

Good Thursday Morning All

Just 83 hours till Christmas I was just told. It will be 72 degress today, no white stuff, and I am off work, 53 days until we cruise, I love it.

You all have a great day.

Nancy and John 8)
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old December 21st, 2006, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
I am going to make the trek to the supermarket today, to buy all I need for Christmas dinner. I want to avoid the crowds. Since we are leaving 2 days after the holiday, I won't overbuy, and will send home doggie bags.

My gift from my 2 co-workers was a lovely cyclemen plant. One woman was there, the other will be in today, so I left one bag on the desk for her, and put the other pretty bag, on this womans desk...where it stayed all day, unopened..I could never do that to someone. Wouldn't you think she would open it up in my presence? She is an odd duck, anyway, but.............different strokes I guess

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 21st, 2006, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Good morning from beautiful downtown Lakeland, FLorida, where it'll be near 80 degrees today. The Cruise of the Century is really sneaking up on us, as we've been so busy lately. Can't wait to meet everyone!

See you aboard,

Ken
Old December 21st, 2006, 09:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Good Morning Everyone!
Doug,I would like the same for the Holiday season.
The beach,sun,a cold drink,and the attachment in the chair that one usually finds at the beach.
I had the best Rum Cakes yesterday! RayB's granddaughter bakes them!
Y'All have a very wonderful day!!!
Old December 21st, 2006, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........the wind last night didn't happen......great news for those still without power.......but it did bring lots of rain........

Still making candy here........a bit slow.......but I'll be done before Christmas eve........

Y'all have a great Thursday...........

Sharon
Old December 21st, 2006, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Good Morning everyone,,,

It's down to 9 days and counting,,,Yippee !! Sorry guys just couldn't hold it in anymore.

Doug I'll take that for x-mas also. Gorgeous place,,and pix.

Our weather here in the tidewater of Va. has turned chilly,,it's up to 42 right now. Finally feels like x-mas. Maybe I can get in the mood to finish my shopping.

DH is off fishing again today. His buddy caught a 40lb rock yesterday,,so they are on a mission. It's got to be a guy thing.

Hope ya'll have a great Thursday,,,I'm off to the malls

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old December 21st, 2006, 10:11 AM
Admiral

Good Morning, Mates!

The temps have finally dropped a little bit here, so it feels a little bit more like Christmas. I didn't get much done yesterday... I was just dragging too slow. I did make it to the mall for the final gift cards I needed to purchase. Hopefully, today will be more productive. I'm going to meet a friend for lunch. I also think I'll make a pot of soup to take to my DS and DIL. They are both home today, under the weather.

I rested better last night. No answers to the problems with my MIL, but I have been able to share my concerns with some very nice people, and that helps a lot. (Thanks, Angela)

All of you getting ready for the Cruise of the Century, I feel your excitement and I'm looking forward to the day when I can sail you each of you!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old December 21st, 2006, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning from Central Texas where it is cooler this morning.

I just remembered that this time last year, I was cruising. Boy, what a year this was.

I FINALLY GOT THE TREE UP! It's not as pretty as it would be if Jim was here, but at least it is up.

Thinking about a little shopping today, other wise nothing planned.

Everyone have a good one.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 21st, 2006, 10:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Relatively calm in Calgary with temps in the 40s F . Nothing much to do last night, and nothing to stare at the one "the tube", so falling asleep at 11 resulted in an early wake up this morning.

Spent most of yesterday making phone calls to finalize different things with suppliers from my business... and of course, each call takes extra time, because first you have to leave a message.

Then you get a number of .. "you'll have to call "so and so" , that's really not my dept.

Ah well... gives me something to continue on with on today
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 21st, 2006, 11:06 AM
First Mate

Good morning
Just dropped in to say happy holidays. Have been so busy that I have not even had time to lurk.
Grant
Old December 21st, 2006, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday - He Sees You When You're Sleeping

Good morning from a still-cold Southern California.

Doug, I've never been to the Princess Keys. Would love to see it.

Today I have a chauffuer. My DH will drive me to Pasadena so I can get some things for the cruise. He wants to go to his "guy" places which are away from the holiday bustle with its parking problems. Then he's taking me to lunch at Il Fornaio in Old Town, a pre-birthday lunch, so to speak.

Enjoy your day. CM's. Soon we'll be aboard the Century!

Judy
Old December 21st, 2006, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

The sun is shining here. The snow is all gone. Green Christmas for sure. Weird.

Yesterday work was crazy. I got everything done - but barely.

Wow. just got back to my computer. I got up to get something at about 8 and never sat back down until now. I guess I'm losing it.

Had an emergency orthodontist appt. yesterday. It has put me behind schedule.

Just did all my grocery shopping - well gotta go back on Sat or Sun for the fresh stuff. Thank God I had some coupons. Yikes. I just spent a lot of money.

Now where, do I put it all. Of course a friend is stopping by for coffee at 2, the house is a mess.

Wanted to get my baking done today, but that is not likely to happen, unless I do it tonight. Well, I might as well stay up til midnight anyway.

Well, hope your day today has some joyous moments in it.
Old December 21st, 2006, 12:37 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from sunny windy Florida. At least it was warm enough to go down to the inlet, and sit in the park with a good book for a while this morning. I took a nice walk, and watched some sting rays swimming under the footbridge. Couldn't help thinking about the dangers of those guys. I used to just see the beauty in the way they swim like angels. OH Well, another fairy tale bites the dust.

Have a good weekend everyone. One week from today we'll be heading to Miami and that fantastic cruise.

Phyll