CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Tacky Rosie is at it again (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/324951-tacky-rosie-again.html)

Cruznut2 December 22nd, 2006 07:38 AM

Tacky Rosie is at it again

Does that woman ever quit?

Laura

Sea Trekker December 22nd, 2006 07:54 AM

Rosie...GROW UP! you are trash.

rollerdonna December 22nd, 2006 08:24 AM

What did she do now??

donna

Cruznut2 December 22nd, 2006 08:31 AM

Donna, I guess Donald Trump gave some beauty queen a chance to get into rehab and battle her drinking and drugs problems. Rosie took offense to it and made sure the world knows it.

Laura

Mike M December 22nd, 2006 09:00 AM

She went after Donald Trump:

Donald Trump: "insert Donald voice here" Produces the greatest beauty pageant in world. He has given the chance for hundreds of girls and women to achieve their dream to become Miss U.S.A. and Miss World. He had the opportunity to fire the current Miss U.S.A. for inappropriate behavior but did not say "You're Fired". It shows that he truly has a heart of gold. "end Donald voice".

Interesting that it coincides with the new season of "The Apprentice". LOL

IMO: They both have become no more than caricatures of themselves.

Take care,
Mike

Trip December 22nd, 2006 09:19 AM

In this ridiculous war of words, while neither showed ANY class what so ever. I feel THE Donald. wa much more vitriolic.

ready2gonow December 22nd, 2006 09:20 AM

Well said, Mike! I try not to "hear" either of them! LOL

Phyllbo December 22nd, 2006 11:02 AM

Unfortuantely trash talk sells big time. I don't care who is doing the trashing, it won't stop as long as it becomes news and makes big money. It's time to invest in ear plugs or stop enabling these folks to behave this way.

Phyll

mehawk December 22nd, 2006 11:51 AM

I agree with you Mike, both of them are not worth the bytes to record them on.

BW December 22nd, 2006 12:45 PM

Methink Phyllbo has it right, thrash sells.

This is show business and controversy sells. The more an indivudal is controversial the higher the ratings. If people didn't pay attention to thrash, it wouldn't sell and it would end there.

Bill

Cruise Cynic December 22nd, 2006 04:59 PM

Donald Trump is no paragon of male beauty to be trashing Rosie either.

And I bet she could take him. He looks like a wuss.

JamesRT December 22nd, 2006 05:36 PM

Phyll,Mike,
You're right on!
IMO :D

Fieldmouse December 22nd, 2006 06:07 PM

It's interesting to note that both of them, with their 'so called' social status, contacts and money, are no better than the worst of the worst!

If they are putting forth all this effort to prove that they are 'common' folk, (and I mean that in a derogatory way!) they are doing a fine job.

Luanne Russo December 22nd, 2006 08:33 PM

I now feel sorry for Rosie. She has taken up every one's causes. A burden like that must be terribly heavy. I think Rosie would do better by taking a step back. Getting her thoughts together, and focusing on what is most important.

Luanne

jennc December 22nd, 2006 11:47 PM

Rosie says what she thinks. Donald says what he wants to.
What's the difference?
Neither are a paragon of virtue. Personally I like both of them. I like Rosie's outspokeness, she says what everyone thinks and doesn't give a **** who disagrees with her. Donald just loves himself and I get a chuckle out of his egotism.
Everyone needs to lighten up, Life is too short for aggravation!!!!

Jenn

Parrot Mom December 23rd, 2006 06:02 PM

Self Promotion

If there was ever a self-promotor it is Trump.... why did he have to have a long tv conference to announce that the beauty queen is going into rehab..and now Miss Nevada...Rosie stands up for what she beli who eves...whether it is against guns and the NRA or the ability of homeless children needing homes in Florida and the Governor will not allow gays or lesbians to adopt children..There are many families in this country being headed by a single/divorced parent. Rosie and her partner, Kelly, I think have three or four children that they have adopted..She is self-depreciating..she doesn't take herself seriously... and I miss her crazy afternoon shows.. Plus folks.. we are on a cruise board and Rosie has done more for gay and lesbian families by chartering cruise ships, i.e. Norweigan to make these a place where the unusual type family in \ ourr society can feel at home and not have the public staring at them.. :wink:

Luanne Russo December 23rd, 2006 06:39 PM

Rosie and Donald are I am sure loving the fact that we are talking about them. I remember an interview Rosie and her then girlfriend Madonna gave several years ago, about publicity. You have to generate it, to get it, because there are so many entertainers. I just wish someone would tell her that, reaching the people works better, when you are polite, and kind, not attacking at will.

It is true, Rosie has done wonderful things, but do you know how many others who work everyday, doing the same things, and do not hurt anyone.

To those who think Rosie is your leader. I have always been told that you want to live like everyone else in this world. Love who you want, marry who you want, and equal rights. You as well as I do, know how people think. They see her, and her bad ways, and then assume you are all like her too. Is that what you want?

I stand by what I said earlier I feel sorry for her. She has so much on her plate, that no human can deal with it all. My prayers are for her to have peace in her life this coming year.

Fieldmouse December 23rd, 2006 08:28 PM

I think we give Rosie to much credit...

Parrot Mom December 23rd, 2006 08:53 PM

Unfairness in the World

:idea: Never thought of Rosie as "my leader"... what I think of her is and here I am and was very naive... a woman that wanted a familyand went out and adopted children. I maybe mistaken but she opened up a home in Florida for abused girls...and there was one she really wanted to adopt... but the State of Florida would rather these girls spend time in foster homes than in a loving home...To charter a cruise ship so that "unconvential) families can be free to meet others who have two fathers or two mothers... and shre their experiences....stand up and applaud her and NCL for making ths experience possible.. Speaking up against the NRA...oh yes.. she is my leader.. and as a human being who has access to the air waves and to other people... she feels as others do to try to right the wrongs.. I applaud every "star" or every human being who is in the public eye who speaks out...whether it's against the war, against the genocide in Africa or the warming of the world... Because of their visibility and $$ Clooney, Orpah, Gore, Damon and Madonna are trying to make a statement.

Parrot Mom December 23rd, 2006 10:34 PM

Good Deeds

:( Sadly,Luanne I know where your coming from.... and I only ran across this discussion by accident... and then I went to
www.forallkids.org/site.php and I wonder how many of you reading and tossing stones at Rosie will look at this site and say.. "atta girl"...she put her $$ where her mouth is.. If she has a big mouth and spouts off...so what...but with her big mouth she is doing something to help the children in this country who have been left behind.. God Bless her!!!

Luanne Russo December 23rd, 2006 11:08 PM

I go to Rosie's site on a regular basis. I know the good things she has done. But, many people do wonderful things, and don't hurt many in the process.

Luanne

bella1963 December 23rd, 2006 11:58 PM

would take Rosie any day over the donald, and his attack was far more vicious than hers, .

Mean Dean December 24th, 2006 02:06 AM

Not many of us in Oregon appreciated her comments on the cost of the search for the 3 lost climbers on Mount Hood.........

Dean

Fieldmouse December 26th, 2006 04:02 PM

We don't all have to agree ALL the time to have a good conversation.

What makes for good conversation, community exchange, or even a party is a good mix of different personalities, toss in a variety of viewpoints and opinions. Good conversation based on this type of personality mix, can stretch our mental muscles and imaginatiion. It can coach us into denial OR ease us into a change of view point...but it rarely leaves us untouched. That's a good thing!

Because you do something good or right does that negate or justifiy the bad or harm you do, and should it??

"Oh, we'll over look your foul mouth, bad temper, rude attitude, terrible treatment of fellow castmates and crew because you did a nice...'whatever'."

This is rewarding bad behavior and teaching the person that as long as they and their Publicity Agents have the money and influence, their bad hehavior or cruel treatment of other's can be covered up with some nice warm 'Norman Rockwall' type publicity spots. Haven knows how sentimental, emotional and easily distracted 'Joe Public' can be!

Rather than adding credibility to a cause, somethimes these Actors and other Public figures, with their antics can detract from it! Think Madonna and Malawi baby.

Again, we give Rosie way too much credit.

Luanne Russo December 26th, 2006 04:18 PM

Well said Fieldmouse!!!

Luanne

AR December 26th, 2006 04:23 PM

Re: Self Promotion

On the 16th post of this string, the question was asked. . .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parrot Mom
If there was ever a self-promotor it is Trump.... why did he have to have a long tv conference to announce that the beauty queen is going into rehab..

The answer to that question is obviously so that people would talk about him! And it worked great, didn't it? We're now on the 26th post on this string. Granted most of the yak is about Rosie baby, but the Donald ain't stupid. He knows that controversy keeps you in the public eye (and so does the lovely Rosie), plus Donald has another round of that idiotic TV show he does starting up, and since ratings were a little flat last time around, he needs to stir the pot. It's all manipulation, folks. All of it.

Oh, and not to make fun of fellow posters, but the following use of the wrong word just cracked me up. . .

Rosie and her partner, Kelly, I think have three or four children that they have adopted..She is self-depreciating..she doesn't take herself seriously...

That's really funny. Whatever else she is, Rosie is definitely not self-depreciating. She needs to drop 70 or 80 lbs before we can call her that. And assuming the writer really meant "self-deprecating," well, OK, I'd never describe her that way, but to each his or her own. Personally, both she and Donald make my skin crawl.

Cruise Cynic December 26th, 2006 08:15 PM

Well said AR.

A celebrity we have up here, who had to move to Switzerland to escape the glare once said: (and this applies to ALL celebrities without exception)

" My name is Eileen. It takes me about a week of focused thought to become Shania Twain."

mteague December 27th, 2006 10:15 PM

I can see why being so outspoken would generate a lot of negative reactions. However, she is one of only a few "Stars" who have helped us recover from our disaster, and she did it with little or no fanfare.

Fieldmouse December 28th, 2006 04:24 PM

I don't think the negative reaction is because Rosie is outspoken...it's because she's rude and crude. She lacks tact, but not because of social ignorance, she really quite smart.

Rosie has been listening to her own publicity and ‘propaganda’. She believes that we, the public will buy into, listen and accept anything coming out of a Hollywood, as long as it is interesting, shocks us and challenges common sense, and she’s right…some people do buy into the ‘hype’. But in doing this, she is walking a tight rope, we all remember ‘Star Jones’…the public took a lot…then had enough!

Right now some might find her antics acceptable because:

1. They’re not the 'Target' or ‘focus’ of her clever verbal insights!
2. They don’t have to work with her everyday.
3. When Rosie gets ‘to much’ we have the option to change the channel or press mute. Imagine living or working with her and NOT being able to walk away or press the mute button!

It’s a sad commentary when we can find someone who is rude, crude and steamrolls everyone’s opinions daily entertainment. That’s entertainment?…

How ‘bout this, take that personality and put it in a fellow cruiser at your dinner table for a week or ten days…how long you would take it! How long would YOU let someone hog the conversation, interrupt you endlessly, put YOUR opinions down? Use foul language and think it’s clever…make obscene inferences in front of your family, children or friends?

Yeah…she’s entertaining, but only when you have the power to turn her off!

Cruise Cynic December 28th, 2006 05:37 PM

I bet Rosie's paycheck was bigger than mine last year...... sigh.