Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2006, 06:12 AM
Admiral

Default Good Tuesday (Boxing Day) Morning

Hello everyone, I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas complete with family and meals. I slept most of the day as I had to work Christmas night.

It is cool, windy and wet here in Houston. Typical for this time of the year.

Have a great day everyone.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2006, 07:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!!! A work day for me. Last night I got home from my visit with family to have my employer tell me that since the holiday fell on my usual day off that I would not be getting the holiday pay and could just work my usual hours this week. I had been planning to take today off since yesterday was supposed to be a paid day. Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old December 26th, 2006, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Good morning Michael, Laura and all the CM's to follow!
Christmas was wonderful with the kids, but I'm tired! Believe it or not, the tree and all the decorations were taken down yesterday afternoon. Work will be crazy this week, so we had to take advantage of our time off to put everything away. Gary brought down the suitcases, but they have not been opened yet. At least we are heading in the right direction.
I came into work this morning with 10 emails from "corporate" with my year-end instructions/deadlines. Being off next week really isn't a good thing. I do not believe I will be making much of a first impression with my new employer. I hope you all have a great day.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old December 26th, 2006, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Not looking forward to going to work today but this time next week we'll be on the cruise so that's good.
Angela Z.
Old December 26th, 2006, 07:50 AM
First Mate

Had a great holiday with family. Now I have to get ready for Jan 1...my son turns 10!!!

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Carnival Miracle
Old December 26th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Well today is D Day for me ..Off to get a mani & pedi, hit the bank, and return a gift, then home and pack all my stuff laying around the spare room and hope it all fits!

My flight tomorrow morning is VERY early. I will be in Miami, before others have opened an eye..so, I land, I shop!

I wish everyone a Happy New Year..Look to the east and raise a foo foo, we will look to the west and do the same!

Make it a good one........................xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 26th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It was the day after Christmas and let me just say that I woke up early this morning, because I slept most of Christmas day.

I get up nice and early and make coffee and toast and then log on to Cruisemates to get rid of any nasty old post.

Having seen that Mary Lou and Y2C have done the late night deletion duties I say good morning to the Chit Chat board cuties.

Now it's off to the other boards to give a cruise answer. To Santa and Dasher and perhaps even Prancer. Because once they awake from their post Christmas snooze they're going to want to go on a cruise.

There is on last thing that I have to say: I hope that everyone has a great day.

Take care,
Mike (Bad poetry is my specialty) My apologies to Paul B

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 26th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone, came into to work, but think we are going to call it a day because none of our wholesale customers are working today.
Mike, nice try on the poetry.
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old December 26th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Admiral

Morning gang,,
It's gloomy and overcast here on the east coast of Va.

Sure hope all our mates in Fla. are ok from those tornado's.

Trip your day sounds like mine,,,as we are leaving early in the a.m. also. Only hitch is we are driving. Hubby hates to fly.

I am 1/2 packed,,,and starting to panic,,,

Mike loved the so so poem,,, Way better than I can do.

Hope eveyone has a great Tuesday,,,,and see ya'll in Miami.

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old December 26th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Captain

Good Morning All

From beautiful and wet Alabama, hope everyone enjoyed their Chrismas. Now I have a day to relax.

Have a great day

John 8)
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old December 26th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Admiral

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW!!!
Yes, that's right, it is FINALLY snowing in Montreal, and is it ever!!
We had a very strange GREEN Christmas yesterdy, it did not look normal, but it is more than making up for it today. Big, fat, fluffy flakes are falling, with 15-20 cms predicted. A good day to stay inside and start packing for our cruise!!

Our Christmas Day was a lovely gathering at my sister's home, with great food, lots of presents, and close family, including 2 dogs and 2 cats! The only thing missing was the snow!

Mike, a wonderful effort at poetry this morning. Don't give up your dayjob!
Trip, happy packing! I got a start last night by hauling out the "Summer box".
Today will be selecton and trying on, then ironing....

Have a great Boxing Day everyone, and try to stay out of the stores!

donna
Old December 26th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........got the clothes out of the closet........started washing.......will hang & sort as I go.......have to lug the suitcases down stairs.........

We had a great Christmas..........Miss Alice & her family were here for dinner & she really enjoyed grandpa's 'hutch'.......had to check out every nook & crany of it..........

Y'all have a good Tuesday.......only 2 more sleeps before we leave for Miami......see y'all at Lombardi's!!!!!

Sharon
Old December 26th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruznut2
Last night I got home from my visit with family to have my employer tell me that since the holiday fell on my usual day off that I would not be getting the holiday pay and could just work my usual hours this week.
Laura
Hi Laura,
I worked in human resources in California and this didn't sound right so I looked up the Personnel rules for New Hampshire. This is a quote:
Source. (See Revision Note at chapter heading for Per 100) #5373, eff 4-27-92; ss by #6730, eff 4-21-98
Per 1302.02 Nonstandard Workweek. When a full-time employee works other than a Monday through Friday schedule and is not scheduled to work on a designated calendar holiday, the appointing authority shall provide either:

(a) Another scheduled workday off with pay; or

(b) An additional day's pay at the employee's regular rate, provided that funds are available.
Source. (See Revision Note at chapter heading for Per 100) #5373, eff 4-27-92; ss by #6730, eff 4-21-98

Per 1302.03 Full-time Employees Who Work Calendar Holidays.

(a) When a full-time employee is required to work on a designated calendar holiday, the appointing authority shall, in addition to the regular day's pay, either:

(1) Pay the employee at the rate of time and one half for hours worked on the designated calendar holiday; or
(2) Allow the employee to accrue compensatory time equal to 1 1/2 the number of hours worked on the designated calendar holiday.

(b) The premium compensation provided by paragraph (a) for those employees on flexible or alternative work schedules shall be limited to:
(1) 7 1/2 hours for 37 1/2-hour workweek employees; and
(2) 8 hours for 40-hour workweek employees.

(c) A full-time employee shall be compensated for a designated calendar holiday at the employee's regular rate of pay in effect at the time of the calendar holiday.
Here is a link to the website http://www.nh.gov/hr/perrules_1300.html It's up to you how you chose to deal with this issue. But I thought you had a right to know and be able to show your employer the code section if needed. Happy Holidays

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old December 26th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

I've got the week off, so I'm getting some stuff done around the house. I finally put enough stuff away so I could get to the computer so I can check in. Between hunting stuff, the football clothes that I wore to the game, and the presents that I hid from the cats, I really had a mess in here.
Speaking of cats, they are really going to be mad at me tomorrow morning. I've got to take them to the vet's to get their teeth cleaned. They will not be happy campers when I take them, and they won't be too peppy when I bring them home. The first time Scooter had this done, it took him a couple of days to feel better from the anesthesia. But it's for their own good, so I hope they will forgive me.

All you Century cruisers have to be chomping at the bit right now. If I don't get on again, Bon Voyage!

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old December 26th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Admiral

Morning, Mates!

Moving a little slowly this morning. We lost power for about 5 hours, from 1 - 5 a.m., and DH couldn't sleep. That means I couldn't sleep either! I'll get motivated here in a little while. A lot to do today, but nothing too big and none of it fun. Not sure where I'll start.

RD, glad you are finally getting your snow, although a little late.
Laura, I'm sorry that your supervisor is being a jerk!
To those of you winging your way southward.... yea!! for you!

Have a great day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old December 26th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

It has snowed a little here too. Finally. Yesterday was very odd, weather wise. It was almost warm. I have seen Christmases with little snow, but it was about 50 yesterday, and all you really needed was a sweater to go outside in. Our tourism industry is really hurting.

What a busy two days it has been. Still have visiting family members in the area thru Friday, so it will be hectic to say the least for the rest of the week.

So tired I can't really remember what I received. All I know is dh didn't do a good job - one small handheld kitchen appliance, and a few stocking stuffers. I now feel that I will have to purchase a few gifts on my own, or twist his arm for a vacation. The vacation would be my first choice, but Jan will be filled (hopefully) with lots of pre-op appointments, and my already scheduled colonoscopy and mammogram appointments. Then if my doctor agrees the jaw surgery will take place in Feb - then recovery will be several weeks, with a few post-op appointment. So I don't know if I could even consider a vacation until April. Don't know if I can wait that long, but it would be nice to have something to look forward too.

Should really consider getting dressed, as the day is hastening on fairly quickly.

Ed - do not envy your trip to the vets with the cats tomorrow.

MaryLou - your new employers need to keep in mind that your upcoming cruise was scheduled very far in advance, under different guidelines and end of the year routines. You seem like a hard working, dedicated employee, and if they can't see it too then they don't deserve someone like you! I hope you will get everything done, and leave and not think about work at all while you are gone.

I can't believe you'll all be taking off very soon. Mising you all already

Wishing you all a pleasant day,
Old December 26th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Admiral

Default Good Tuesday (Boxing Day) Morning

Good morning from a chilly Southern California where rain is predicted on Wednesday.

Keith and I are are almost packed. We leave for LAX noonish on Wednesday. Like Trip, we have a VERY early flight on Thursday a.m. and must roll out of bed at 4 a.m. Glad neither of us are driving to the airport, especially if it's raining. Still have a myriad of things to do, and must use today judiciously.

I liked your poem, Mike.
Eddie, you were able to hide presents from cats? A miracle!

Judy
Old December 26th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Temps still hovering in the 40s F in Calgary. Could tell it was a nice day yesterday as the green belt and pathways across from my house were very busy with walkers yesterday.

Mrs. Kuki began the packing last night. Everything is laid out, except the stuff we're going to forget

Have to pick up a couple last minute items at the drug store, and we should be set.

Flight leaves at noon our time... so I even get to sleep in some first!

Color us excited!!!
Old December 26th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning from Texas where it is sunny and cool.

Lots of cleaning to do today, and to take down the tree, that was never quite finished.

Since everyone is out of school this week, we are going to go and get our passports renewed. I sure don't want to wait for the last minute.

Mike, I liked your poem.

Laura, Your boss can't make his own rules.

I also already miss all the Century people.

Have a good day everyone

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 26th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Admiral

Belated Good Morning Everyone!!!! Marj and I had a very quiet Christmas Day. We took her elderly great aunt home, visited friends and had dinner out. Then Marj (Cowboys Fan) and I (Who bleeds Eagle Green) sat down for the game between Dallas and Philly. We both sat there stunned, Marj becuase her 'boys looked so bad and me because my birds had it seemingly so easy. We may get to do this again in two weeks becuase the way it stands now, they would meet again in the first round of the playoffs. Guess my Christmas was a shade more merrier than Marj's .

Everyone have a great day and here is a shot of Marj's emotional reaction to a present from her youngest daughter MikaLyn, a plaque that said "I Love You to the Moon" It was the way they have said goonight for years.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004