Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 26th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Passenger

Default Holiday Inn on the bay-San Diego? Yes or No

Leaving on the spirit again in Feb. We usually stay at the bay club, but decided to stay as close as we could to the boat this time. We were in San Diego last month and checked out the hotels, The holiday inn is definately the closest, booked then, but they were to busy to let us see a room. I booked a balcony room over looking the bay. $200.00 But I have read some pretty poor things about this hotel lately. I hope there is something good out there. Any info or sugestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cruisebum
Carnival Spirit 2/11/2007
Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2006, 09:34 PM
First Mate

You are definitely paying for location. We stayed there for a couple nights pre-cruise and yes it is certainly convenient to the pier. Also a nice walk to the Midway if you want to tour it. Anthony's Fish Grotto across the street serves very good food. The Elephant & Castle Pub/restaurant in the hotel is okay. The hotel is older and nothing special, although there are newer wings than we were in. That might be worth knowing before hand. We have also stayed closer to the airport and find that in San Diego, every place you need to get to is a short taxi ride away. So for the price we would probably opt for the more distant one if it was just for the one night pre-cruise. The bay is very pretty at night though and we loved San Diego. Unfortunately managed to delete all our San Diego pictures, zoo and all.
Old December 27th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Admiral

We were also going to stay at the Holiday Inn but backed out after reading some very negative reviews from previous customers.

BTW: The reason we checked out the reviews was when we called to make our reservation the clerk was so RUDE we decided to check them out first. Glad we did.

We found there are plenty of very nice Hotels in S.D. that offer good service at cheaper rates and with Cab service so readily available, I'd opt for one of them.
Old December 28th, 2006, 11:34 AM
First Mate

NO It is an overpriced DUMP!!!!!!!
Old December 29th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Frankly, I feel if you stayed anywhere downtown you would be fine. (I am a San Diego native). For example, on Hotwire I got the Wyndham Emerald Shapery Plaza for $148 a night for my high school reunion. 23rd floor and incredible view of the city and bay. That alone pays for the cab fare.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!