Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 9th, 2007, 06:22 AM
Admiral

Default OMG...My Son Has "The Cruise Ship Virus"

It's an amazing case. An "Immaculate Infection".

My boy has come down with a case of Norovirus... the so called "Cruise Ship Virus".

Alert Nancy Grace. She will want to investigate how a 2 year old boy who has never been close to a cruise ship can be infected with the stomach bug....

Also equally astonishing: His 4 year old sister had the same thing last week. I guess looking at cruise ship pictures in my vacation album is an infection medium now. Perhaps the bacterium can survive five years on my RCI keychain.

Aside from a couple of sleepless nights for both children and parents, all will be well soon, and no litigation against any Cruise Line is anticipated.

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008
Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Admiral

Is your antivirus protection working. You may have inadvertently brought it home from all our cruisers here at CruiseMates! Better update your software!

I hope everyone is feeling better soon. And remember..... Wash your hands!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old January 9th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Admiral

You crack me up,
do hope no one else in the family gets it, though.
Old January 9th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Cynic:

I'm sorry the kids aren't feeling well and I hope that they are back to normal and driving you crazy, in a good way, in a couple of days.

I remember when we returned from our Asian cruise. My Daughter and her family had caught the virus and spread it to our son. Five days after returning we also caught it. When I told most people about it they "automatically" said that it was because of something I ate in Asia or that I was on a cruise ship, not that I had been in close contact with family members, including sick kids who had it.

It just goes to show that folks like to blame the cause of an illness on what they "think" it is instead of what it is.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 9th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Admiral

Cynic, you are too funny. But the Norovirus is not. Hope everyone feels better soon, and that you don't get it! Also hoping it doesn't hit our daycare, as it has in the past. They'll probably blame me, since I'm the only one who's been on a cruise!

donna
Old January 9th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Admiral

Sorry the kids are sick, Cynic! You must feel cheated to have members of your family get the Norovirus without going on a cruise. Hope everyone's better soon.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old January 9th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Admiral

I'm with Michelle on this one.

If you're going to do the time, you might as well do the crime!

Maybe you should book a cruise..... 8)

Dean
Old January 9th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Admiral

I'm glad that Cruise Cynic started this thread...I was thinking of starting a similar one...but DARN he beat me too it!

Anyway...I've been down for over a week with this virus...and since we haven't been on a cruise in several months...I thought for sure I got it surfing CruiseMates. (it slipped through my virus filters)

Now I realize the sanest explanation is, most likely we brought it home in the BAG of 'pillow' chocolates we horded...or the virus was on the 'pen' I took by accident. 8)

(Payback????)