Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2007, 05:05 AM
Admiral

Default Monday, Monday, Can't Trust That Day

Well, this Monday morning is turning out to be quite a tremendous day as the temps are getting colder, the weather is rainy and the wind is blowing from the north. Houston is gonna get cold the next three or four days. The weather people are predicting an ice storm for us. Those of you who are coming from the northern reaches of the North American continent to Galveston to catch a cruise, and think you are escaping the cold... guess again!!! .

I am having to work a double shift because my relief was ill.

There will be a MLK parade this morning and gosh, are they going to be miserable .

Sunday marked the annual Houston Marathon so some of the roads were blocked for the people to run on.

Have a good day my friends.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Admiral

Good morning Michael and all the CM's to follow. It has been raining in the "Burgh" for an eternity. Gary and I have begun to build the ark. It just doesn't have the same appeal to me as Freedom of the Seas, Century, etc.
We arrived home from the cruise on 1/05 and I hit the ground running. I ended up working 9 days in a row, but took yesterday off. On my "off" day, I painted the bathroom. To say I'm tired, is an understatement. I NEED A CRUISE!!!!! I hope you all have a safe and happy day.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old January 15th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's a messy morning here in western NY, where we have been getting the freezing rain since last night. Luckily, I remembered to put some plastic on my truck last night, so I didn't have to scrape this morning. Otherwise, I'd still be scraping right now. The roads weren't bad, since they have been salting the roads since yesterday.

Not much else going on today. Just counting the days 'till vacation.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old January 15th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Good morning from still dark Florida. ML you sure work a lot. Kids are at home today and I assume they will sleep in. I might try to catch a movie with youngest. I have been down in the dumpster for quite a while now and I wish i could get out.

My dh keeps talking about cruises, very strange. I don't see where we could even go for a day beause of his work schedule.

yesterday I went looking for some scarfes and hats for our Germany trip but could not find anything. It is "warm" right now in Germany they say 3 C but feels like -2C. But nothing compared to our mild temps here in FL. I am thinking to take my little dog with me but not sure. Maybe I should start taking out a suitcase too and start thinking what to pack.

Have a wonderful day mates!
Old January 15th, 2007, 08:22 AM
First Mate

Good morning all CMs

Hope everyone had a quiet and relaxing weekend....ML...you need one, actually more than one, quiet day to just chill out.

Speaking of chill....well winter is here, and we've been getting the same weather as you Ed. I actually got to wear my new winter boots that I bought in November. Go figure.

My train was late getting to work, so I best be starting on my duties.

Have a good day everyone.
Old January 15th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! I haven't looked outside yet, but the weather here in Ft. Lauderdale has to be better than it's going to be when Mrs. Kuki and I arrive home in Calgary at midnight tonight.

Today our plans involve a trip to Publix for a few products which we like that arent available at home; Lowry's garlic mix, Smucker's sugar free breakfast syrup, and a couple of other items I forget. Mrs Kuki has the list.

Then it's off to meet a CruiseMates at Two Jays for lunch, back to the hotel for a bit of a nap before heading to the airport.
Old January 15th, 2007, 09:15 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where winter has arrived at last. It's snowing heavily out there this morning, expected accumulation 15-20cms. Not much really, compared to what we usually have by mid Jan.!
At least the kids at daycare will be happy they have something to play with outdoors!

Yesterday was a complete write-off for me. I was downtown, not entirely awake, by 8 a.m. and sat in a first aid course till 4:30 p.m. We are required to re-new our first aid every 3 years for work, so now it's done till 2010!

Kuki, enjoy your last day in FLL, because coming home is going to be a shock to the system! You've had alot of snow out west, and deep freeze temperatures, much worse than here. Have a safe trip home.

donna
Old January 15th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone. A strange white powder has descended from the sky and covered the ground. Children are frightened, there is panic in the streets but the old and wise ones say that they once saw it back in 2004. It is called snow.

Betty and I have shoveled the front of the driveway and are waiting for our plow guy (neighbor) to do the rest. It really isn't bad, only 3 or 4 inches. We can get out with no problem.

This shoveling stuff is for the birds. I guess I should get Betty what every woman wants. A snowblower.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 15th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Fl. where the temp is already 76. Come on down.

Jake left yesterday afternoon to fly up to Green Bay WI. He called me when he got to Chicago to let me know that he'd forgotten to take a coat. OOPS! Today they have snow and temps in the 20's in Green Bay. Good thing he is only a block away from the work site.

Yesterday at church the message was on creation. Guess what I learned? God said everything was good except on the day that corresponds to our Monday. Pretty neat that he can relate to all of us.

Phyll
Old January 15th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone - for those who are or will soon be dealing with the snow/ice be careful, and just remember, spring is just around the corner....
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old January 15th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Cruisemates,,,,

Wow it sounds like winter is hitting hard,,,it still has not hit here in the bottom right corner of Va. We had record breaking high temps yesterday and expecting more today,,,,then the bottom falls out.

Wow Kuki it feels like you have been on that cruise forever,,,or that I have been back at work forever. Guess I still have PCD,,,

I had a very productive but relaxing weekend,,,,went "cropping" with my daughter Leah. Every year we do a weekend away with a bunch of other ladies (37 this time) to crop and put into scrapbooks all our photos. Bet ya can't guess what some of my photos were about. Actually all my photos were about cruising

Hope everyone has a great Monday Monday,,,like the song says,,,ya can't trust that day,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old January 15th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Good Morning from our wet and icy Homestead,
Having a blast walking to the barn and back.
A layer of ice that crunches and breaks when you walk on it.
Then underneath squishy grass.Makes walking loads of fun.
Y'all have a Wonderful Day!
Old January 15th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Well. today was supposed to be rain/sleet, but so far its just rain, and feels much to mild to turn over to sleet...

My, how my cruise seems so distant a memory..I could use another one, this time I could breathe ok

Tomorrow I am going to the Fall show for retailers. who can think that far ahead, unless it's for a cruise! [oy!]

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 15th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where I'm enjoying the day off from work by working around the house! Not much really, just catching up on stuff. Jimmy is off from school and will probably sleep most of the day.No point in waking him up if he's only supposed to rest anyway.
Angela Z.
Old January 15th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Admiral

Default Monday, Monay, Can't Trust That Day

Good morning from a very cold Southern California. We flew in last night from Ft. Lauderdale. The house was freezing . . . no furnace for the last two weeks. Temp on the way home from dinner was 32.

As you can guess, we have lots to do. Also, something's wrong either with my vision or my glasses. Everything's blurry. Gotta check that out.

Have a good Monday, all.

Judy
Old January 15th, 2007, 12:23 PM
First Mate

Good morning
Temperature are moving up toward 0C. We are getting ready for our cruise which starts on Friday . We have about two feet of snow, have not had this much since 1993.
Grant
Old January 15th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..............still cold & still snow on the ground.......high for today is suppose to be 37 & snow for tomorrow???? Not suppose to warm up til Saturday now......enuff of this stuff!!!!!

It's Monday.........so that means laundry......yugh!!!!!

I'm with Mary Lou.......I nned a cruise!!!!!! Seems like sooooooo long ago!

Y'all have a good Monday............

Sharon
Old January 15th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Admiral

Good Morning!!!! A little late posting today as I have the day off due to the Holiday. Still somewhat warmish here in South Jersey but it is supposed to get more winter-like later in the week, but no snow or ice in sight.

Marj and I are booked on our next cruise!!!!! We are taking the Southern Caribbean route on the Crown Princess in November. We got great pricing and reduced deposit.

Hope everyone has a great Day!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old January 15th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from "Cynic Manor North".

about 8" of the white s**t on the ground and still falling....

definitely not a nice day.
Gonna get caught up with my accounting.... Federal and provincial sales taxes to file.....

good day for it. yuck.

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008