Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 16th, 2007, 06:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.
Default Good Tuesday morning!

Good morning from Orlando where it's back to work and will probably feel like a Monday for most of the day.
Hope all is well with all.
Angela Z.
Old January 16th, 2007, 06:56 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

We've got a little snow on the ground this morning, but the best is yet to come. We are going to get lows around 0F soon. That's a little too cold for me.

Not much else going on today. Just work, work, work!

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old January 16th, 2007, 07:25 AM
First Mate

Good morning fellow Cruise Mates.

Burrrrrr, man it's cold out there. 15 degrees, but so far the snow has for the most part stayed away....oh darn.....

Ed, glad you back posting on a regular basis.

Coffee, I need coffee.....

Have a good day everyone.
Old January 16th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning from Central Texas where it is a cool 27 this morning. What a crazy weekend for weather. Tornadoes, rain measured in inches, and then ice.

Today, I have tons of errands to run.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 16th, 2007, 08:15 AM
Admiral

Good morning Luanne, and all the rest from Lakeland, Florida. I worked yesterday, so it's just another day here. The cool weather is supposed to arrive here this afternoon I think, but not as severe as you had . (I hope)
Got to run, but once again, Good Morning CruiseMates.

Ken
Old January 16th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

The cold, frigid and icy conditions still prevail around my house. It's the last time I tell Betty she could lose a few pounds.

Seriously: It is actually below zero. -5 to be exact. We have normal January weather for once. The ground is white, the air is crisp and it is sort of nice to see. I'll take it for four more days then it can warm up and be Spring.

Today's agenda will be a doctor's appointment for Betty and then nothing else on the agenda.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 16th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

It's been a few days since I posted. Sat. got in car and headed out with mil to go see her sister. First stop - gas station. Then she decided she didn't want to go (the roads were freezing and the snow was rather sleet like). She said she had a funny feeling and felt like something bad would happen. So we turned around and I brought her back home. Not sure if we will try again or not. I haven't heard from her sin Sat. and have had no updates on the Aunt. All in all it was a strange situation.

Instead, I reinvited my sister, her dh and my mother for my sister's Birthday lunch on Sunday. The rest of Sat. I spent preparing.

Menu: Cream of Veg. Soup with 3 cheeses. Grilled bread with roasted red pepper spread, tomatoes stuffed with a cottage cheese/herb mixture, asparagus wrapped with proscuito and then roasted and chicken sate.
Fresh cherries for dessert, and a brownie cheesecake with fresh raspberries.
Then it was time for football. It was a stressful game, but the Past finally pulled themselves up and won! Yea!

Yesterday morning was our big snow storm. Also it was a Coffee day with the girls - a little scary because the roads were not plowed at all.
Then home, puttered for a bit, then shovelling. It took two hours for me to get both drive ways done. My hair was frozen with tiny icicles by the time I was finished. I miss the mild weather. I hated to really admitt it as it wasn't good for the economy, but if we are not going to have snow at Christmas time, then I personally have no need of it. I know that is selfish, and I apologize. But I truly dislike winter.

Today - work. Got tons of tax stuff to get done at Church. I dislike January just because of all the IRS stuff. It makes me nervous.

Doug & Marj - congrats of the cruise coming up!

Hope everyone has a few bright spots in their day,
Old January 16th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Admiral

Morning All, winter hit Montreal with a whallop yesterday, 20 cms of snow and -15C temperatures! I still can't believe it took till the middle of January for it to happen! The only ones happy about it are the skiiers, and the kids at daycare who can finally play outside and have fun!

donna
Old January 16th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Jupiter. I'll spare you from the weather report.
I really hope that all of you enduring the horrible icy cold weather stay warm and safe. I love snow, but driving around in it is the pits!

Take care everyone.
Phyll
Old January 16th, 2007, 09:07 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Mates!

I'm going to try to stay inside as much as possible today. I know there is colder temps elsewhere, but, BBbbbrrrrrr!

My day will be spend unpacking from our mini-cruise and doing laundry. Im sure everyone is jealous.

Make it a great day and stay warm!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old January 16th, 2007, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Good Morning from our frozen Homestead.
You folks living back east are now getting what hit us last week.
Take care and stay safe.
Y'all have anice day!
Old January 16th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Admiral

Default Good Tuesday Morning

Good morning from a frosty Southern California. Yesterday when Iwent out to get the paper, the water from the sprinkler system had frozen on the sidewalk and I nearly landed on my keister.

Unpacking is done but tons of laundry to do plus the unfinished ironing from before I cruised! Best get started.

Angela, it was nice talking with you on the Century.

Judy
Old January 16th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............it snowed again!!!!! We have probably 5".......not quite as cold....30....but it's nasty........suppose to warm up by Thursday......we'll see........still snowing........it's ice, snow, ice..........not good for the roads.........

We'll try & stay warm........

Y'all have a good Tuesday.........

Sharon
Old January 16th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good (ok its an exxageration) Morning cruisemates! Our flight home as long, but uneventful. Arrived to pretty decent temps for mid Jan. and today is supposed to be high 30sF.

Not a Caribbean heat wave, but won't freeze my antlers either.

A TON of mail , phone messages, etc to deal with. All the business mail is being forwarded to my hone now, so you can imagine.

Starting my day in a few minutes with a trip to the lawers, then the accountants, then will spend most of the day playing telephone tag, and listening to voice mails of the businesses I had already notified of the sale, still corresponding with us as if we were still in business.

Even the City of Calgary , who bought the place, just sent me my new 2007 property tax assesments for the property they now own
And you think sometimes cruise lines are run badly!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 16th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon gang,,,

Sorry I'm so late to check in,,,it's been a busy morning. Plus the fact that is't so overcast and dreary looking it's hard to get motivated.

We started out in the mid 60's this a.m. but our temps are droping like a rock. Guess winter is finally arriving

No wonder everyone around us is sick,,,my grandson Dillon had to go to Dr's this a.m. he has been sick since Sat with the flu.

Hope everyone has a great rest of Tuesday to enjoy,,,stay safe & warm.

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.