Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Default Good Saturday Morning!

Good morning, all! My first day off in a long time and my puppy thinks we still need to get up at 4:30. I was able to convince her to go back to sleep until 5:15. So I guess we will just get an early start on the day! There is a coating of snow on the ground and baby, it is COLD outside! Sure which I were on a cruise! I've made a deal with myself....no work this weekend at all! Well, let me rephrase that...I will be cleaning my house....but no "work" work. I hope you all have a great day and weekend!
Mary Lou Scanlon
NCL Pride of America April 24, 2010
NCL Epic February 12, 2011
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old January 20th, 2007, 09:32 AM

Happy Saturday yall... there is white stuff everywhere u look & we r expecting more today.

DH & I talked @ length last night, it just doesnt look like we will be going on the Tranny cruise w/ yall in 08. Even though its more than a year away... we both think with all my health issues unresolved that its better to stay closer to home. Not to mention tat my Orthopeeic is wanting to operate on m shoulder asap. (ughhh)

So, hopes dashe I will be a good girl & follow Drs orders (well, most of the time...lol)

Yall have a geat day!!!

Old January 20th, 2007, 09:34 AM

Good morning Mary Lou and puppy. Mary Lou I think your puppy has a cold and needs 25 mg. of diphenhydramine (Bendadryl). That will at least make her sleepy for a couple of hours.

Bummer that you can't just relax for the weekend. I hope you do get a chance for a couple of hours.

Today will also be a dusting day for me. Otherwise there isn't too much on the agenda. Granddaughter had her first sleep over at her friends house. Grandpa is anxiously awaiting news on how that went. If they talked about boys and put on make up (they're four) then I'm putting my foot down and foreclosing on my daughter's vet clinic. (kidding)

I hope everyone has a great day and weekend.

Take care,
Cruisemates Community Leader/Moderator

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 20th, 2007, 09:36 AM

Good Morning All,

ML - glad to see you have a day off! Your puppy must be estatic to have you home for the day. Don't you wish the house was self-cleaning?

Not much going on here. Have some paperwork left to finish up - the rest of all the tax stuff. Then a bit of cleaning to do. Should do some errands, but we are under a weather watch. We have picked up quite a bit of snow already, the wind is supposed to pick up later.

I got up and made scones this morning, then I read about the Cruise for next April/May - while I ate my scones. I have plenty left Mike.

Doug - Loved yesterdays pix. How I long to be anywhere. I really need a vacation!

Nothing else interesting here.

Hope you all have a great day
NCL DreamCarnival Victory
Old January 20th, 2007, 09:47 AM

Good morning MaryLou, Steph, Mike and VTJen. Back at work, doing a double watch today as I am already at work. Hey, I now get paid $$$ when I work over instead of building up a time bank. The weather here has gotten warmer than the upper 20's, lower 30's we had last week. We are to be bracing for another blast though, from what I am being led to understand. I almost bought a cruise for next week, price was excellent, but decided against it for now. Sometime soon, I promise

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old January 20th, 2007, 09:51 AM

Good morning CruiseMates from beautiful Lakeland, Florida. Nothing new here,,,,the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) is still sacked out. She lets me get up and let Fritz and Schroeder (Miniature Schnauzers) out to do their thing. Guess I'll make coffee, and get ready for todays project. (painting some chain link fence).
Hope y'all have a great day, and even better week-end.

Marine, Pilot, Singer, Tuba Player, Carnival "Diamond"!
Old January 20th, 2007, 10:03 AM

Morning everyone, Mary Lou, I know the feeling! My dog woke me up at 3 a.m. absolutely hysterical, hyperventilating, and I still don't know why. She is normally nervous of the wind because the house creaks, but there was no wind at 3 a.m.! She is going to be in panic mode today though, because very high winds and -13 temperatures are the order of the day....

I too have to do housework, like Mike, a good dusting is in order. Seems like a good day to stay inside anyway. Maybe I'll even figure out how to put photos on CD and get some more prints made! (thank Mike!)

Mike, let us know how the sleepover went! I'll bet it was a Polly Pocket Party!

Michael, we're expecting to hear any day now that you've booked a cruise!
Hubby is eyeing a good deal on Carnival Liberty in May, $729 for a balcony, 7 days to the western Caribbean!

Jen, mmm, I can smell those scones from here! Stay inside and stay warm today, looks like you have much the same weather as us.

Ken, hi, and happy painting!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Old January 20th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Good Morning Everyone,
Winter here on the Homestead.
Snow in the forecast,but that's okay.
I need some some inside time since it's Tax time.Doesn't everyone just enjoying Tax Time!?
Mike thanks again for all your help on the clock thingy!
Rollerdonna,have the CD and will listen to it first chance I get.
Thank You so much!!!
Fantasy X 3
Conquest 2006
Triumph 2006
Old January 20th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning from Central Texas where it is raining, again. This would be a good day to sleep all day, but I had one of those already, so today, I need to clean.

Not much else going on.

Everyone have a good day.

Ecstasy 2005
Conquest 2005
Elation 2005
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 20th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates!! Still dark outside in Calgary, so not sure what kind of day it is.. though a bit of snow in the forecast. The temps are forecast to remain 20-30 F.

Very little on my schedule today, other than cleaning up my "office".

Dinner tonight with friends who are going on the "Greek" cruise with us, so time to start talking about tours and excursions. Think for Eygpt we'll book ship's excursions. All the Greek Islands and Turkey we should be able to explore on our own, or with private guides.
Old January 20th, 2007, 11:49 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............warming up.......40's......I'll take it...............

Not much going on...........

Y'all have a great Saturday...........

Old January 20th, 2007, 12:02 PM

Good morning everyone. We've been out to breakfast, I've mopped and cleaned the floors, and now I'm just waiting for the wash to be done so that I can start the ironing. I'm also waiting to hear back from Nancy so that I can give her the credit card info to book us on the 3C's cruise. TaDah!

ML, I'm glad to hear that you are staying away from office work today, but I hope you get a chance to just kick back and put your feet up and relax a little today too.

Old January 20th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where it's a gorgeous day. We're off to lunch at McCormick and Schmicks....Dave got a gift card for his birthday back in October and just now getting around to going.
Have a great day mates!
Angela Z.
on Celebrity Constellation
Old January 20th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Default Good Saturday Morning

Good morning from sunny Southern California. Dry, dry, dry, and fire alerts all over the place. No rain predicted for the next seven days. We are way behind on that.

Keith plans to spend the day with his son. A trip to the wood working store and lunch is the order of the day. Haven't decided what I will do. I should be a good girl and clean house as so many of you are doing, but the shopping siren calls.

Enjoy whatever you do today.

Old January 20th, 2007, 12:55 PM

Morning gang,,,

Well it's still technically a.m.,,, Being lazy here today.

The sun is out but baby it's cold outside. We are expecting snow/sleet/rain the whole mess late tomorrow.

I'm gonna do like Judy and go shopping today. Looks like a great day to stay indoors and hit the mall.

Hope ya'll have a great Sat,,,what's left of it.
Jo Anne

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old January 20th, 2007, 03:09 PM

Good late morning.All of us went to help out at the church food pantry this morning. This afternoon md will go to friends and I am trying to convince dh to go to the beach.The weather is awesome today.

Got an emergency e-mail from Africa. The pastor wrote us there is no food for the kids there or the helpers. Situation sounds dim.Our pastor is sending money monday I will see what we can do. At this point a cruise seems so unimportant to me but I still miss it

I need to find more ways to raise money for them. To think there are kids starving ..just so sad.

Everyone have a very nice and blessed day!
Dec 9th 2015 Land cruise to Germany and Venice Italy

June 1st 2015--- Denali Explorer Cruise on Star Princess!

Dec 18, 2014 Caribbean Princess