CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Here is a nice link to Germany web cam (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/326635-here-nice-link-germany-web-cam.html)

sue January 23rd, 2007 10:30 AM

Here is a nice link to Germany web cam

I am leaving shortly and here is a link to my home towns church. Next to the church is a very good cafe shop with delicious pastry :) I keep checking the picture to see if they have snow because it's in the forcast.

Enjoy the live picture and I will wave from there to my dh next week!

www.uewag.de/400/563.htm

Luanne Russo January 23rd, 2007 05:26 PM

Have a safe trip Sue. We will miss you.

Luanne

sue January 23rd, 2007 06:17 PM

Thanks Luanne as always you have kind words :) yeah it's starnge not to be with my dh but you know that feeling! I am looking forward spending some time with my family there since I don't see them often. Where in germany was your dh stationed?

Luanne Russo January 23rd, 2007 07:20 PM

First time was in Nurnberg, then Bamberg, then Hanau. Total of ten years. We loved it. I missed the states, but always made me sad to leave Germany. We have lots of good memories.

Luanne

Irish January 23rd, 2007 09:33 PM

Belangen Danke fürs Netz Seite , wir lebte in Fulda als 3 Jahren. Ist jene St. Boniface Gotteshaus? Ist die Alt Stelle zurückhalten still hin? Klosette

John 8)

Angela Z. January 23rd, 2007 09:41 PM

Have a great trip Sue!
Angela Z.

mehawk January 24th, 2007 12:05 AM

John, that's interesting.... Jedoch, I might visit someday myself.. 1 Jahren

Michael

DougR. January 24th, 2007 09:34 AM

Great webcam Sue, thanks for sharing. I can't believe that it has been 32 years since I was stationed in Germany. I would like to go back some day, perhaps on a river cruise.

Hope you have a safe and fun trip - and best wishes to your DH.

By the way, what German town or villiage does not have a great pastry shop? When I was off base I always looked for an excuse to pass one and indulge!!

sue January 24th, 2007 11:57 AM

Doug off course you are right! The breads and pastries I have always missed. Just think on sunday I will have some! :wink: :wink: John I am a bit confused what you are saying but I gather you went there too? Isn't Fulda a great town? Angela thanks! Luanne Hanau is close to Fulda. My dh was stationed in Fulda in 81<where we met> and we also had a 3 years stay in Giessen which was so bad he left the service afterwards. I am planning a longer trip for the summer but with the prices of the airfares I am not sure if we can do it. We will see :)

VTJen January 24th, 2007 02:09 PM

Safe travels and a very Happy Birthday to your Father.

Irish January 24th, 2007 08:40 PM

Sorry, boy is my german rusty. Thanks for the site. We lived in Fulda for 4 years 1985 - 1989 Is the Alt Post restraunt still open near Saint Boniface. Have a great time, I miss Fulda.

John 8)

Phyllbo January 25th, 2007 09:00 AM

Sue, have a wonderful trip to Germany and a good visit with your dad and family.

I finally checked the site out when it wasn't night in Germany. It looks like a beautiful place to go. Enjoy your sweet treats.

Phyll

ready2gonow January 25th, 2007 09:38 AM

Sue, have a great time and safe travels for you and your daughter. I know you are both very excited.

sue January 25th, 2007 11:22 AM

Thank you Phyll and the rest of you! I will check on that place John. Did you attend the military? I wonder if we ever met you? I think it was the Black Horse? Thye turned the entire post into businesses and living quarters. I think the german police has a building there now too. Is there a certain picture you would like me to make for you?