Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2007, 05:27 PM
Passenger

Default Things to do in Galveston?

This is my first cruise and we are staying in Galveston the night before. Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions on things to do, like restaurants, bars etc?

Thanks in advance.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 06:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Hi Okie,

Finally a port I can talk about. First thing is have you booked a motel yet? Since the bigger ships started coming to Galveston, rooms are getting hard to come by. If you have not, book soon.

The next thing is to go to Galveston.com Lots of exciting places to see and do.

If you have not seen it yet, go to Carnival here on Cruisemates, and join us there. Not only will you learn about fun things to do, but also about your ship.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 23rd, 2007, 07:00 PM
Admiral

Welcome to CruiseMates!

We sailed on the Ecstasy in November 06. We had a great time, with the exception of not getting to go to Cozumel. Due to mechanical problems, since it was the 4-day itinerary, we only made it to Progresso.

As to activities to do in Galveston, a lot will depend on which day of the week you are sailing. I don't think you will find much night life during the week. If sailing Monday or Thursday, let me know and I'll try to think about advice.

If you will be there for a Saturday departure, the Strand Historic District will be busy with music and activity on Friday night. The Strand is the street that parallels to the road where the ships dock.

If you are sailing during the week, check out the venues at the different hotels. That is where there will be the most action.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13