Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning Tuesday!!!!

Good Morning All. For some reason, Marj decided to give our already grumpy calico, Mary Jane, a bath last night. I hadn't heard that much yowling since I told my troops that they had to work on a weekend, back in my Air Force days. Once done, Mary Jane took off downstairs like she was shot out of a cannon with the entire Roberts menangerie in hot pursit. Our entire brood of pets, Including Isabelle our Shih Tzu, who does not like her, were sitting in a group seeing if she was ok. Her litter mate, Sunshine, who is very affectionate and thinks bedtime is cuddle time, stayed away from us. I am sure she thought she was next.

This morning on the way to work the emergency windows on the bus began blowing open as we were driving along. Seems that the cleaning crew did not make sure they were latched after they opened them for cleaning.

Hope everyone has a great day, think beach:

Princess Cays

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Doug and others to follow.

I can only imagine the scene at your house last night!

Another day of hospital bedside sitting for me. My MIL may be moved to the Skilled Nursing Facility today. We shall see.

Everyone make it a great day.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old January 30th, 2007, 07:45 AM
First Mate

Good morning everyone...

Doug put the coffee on early this morning. I'm having my first cuppa joe, thanks.

You couldn't pay me enough to bathe a cat. Kudos you you guys.

There was a power surge here in Toronto, so somethings were messed up the morning. There is a transformer on fire in the city's north west end. They say the surge effected areas well up north, down to Niagara and as far east as Ottawa. That's a large area.

Have a good day everyone.
Old January 30th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning from Central Texas where it is cold, and dark.

I again am the Nurse today at school. Yesterday by 12:00 noon, I had sent home 16 kids. Throat, head, fever stuff. Had to fight with some parents, who thought their kids were trying to get out of school. "NO lady, 103 temp can't be faked." Crazy world!!!!!!

Gotta Go. Love to all!!!

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 30th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from a very chilly Montreal. -22C is the temp this morning, and I am very glad that I got the date wrong for the outdoor fieldtrip! It's NEXT Tuesday, not today that we're going to the Fete des Neiges! Hopefully, it will warm up a touch by then!

Doug, I once gave a cat a bath, and several bandaids and change of clothes later, swore I would never do it again! Mustove been some scene at your house last night!

Luanne, I hear you. We often have to send daycare kids home sick. How their parents bring them in that way and think they'll get away with it, I don't know!

MissKMM, sure hope you are not affected by the power outage. I wouldn't want to be without heat on a day like today!

Ready, been there, done that, helps to take a good book along. I read a lot of Harry Potter while my mom was in the hospital 2 years ago!

Stay warm everyone!

donna
Old January 30th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Another cold one todya - 14 below. We haven't had much winter, but it has been enough for me.

Survived last night - everything went really well and the women all seemed to enjoy it and get something out of the devotional, I'm glad it is over. It was exhausting. Now I have to find a place to store all the left over leis and party supplies. I guess I will have to have a themed party out by the pool this summer.

Tons of paperwork to do today. I'm pretty sure I'll need a nap as well.

Doug - great story, though I'm sure it was not fun to live thru. I have never bathed a cat, and now know it will be something I never attempt.

KMM - sorry about those outages - a horrible time of year for sure. Hope they all have an alternative besides sitting at home in the cold.

Luanne - I worked at a school once, before I got the job in the office I helped the nurse almost on a daily basis - it is unbelievable the stuff you see and the things parents would like to ignore.

Donna - glad you are not going on that Field Trip today, hope it warms up by next week!

Ready - hope your day goes well. I'm sure this time of readjustment is hard on everyone.

Good Day to You All,
Old January 30th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Good Morning Everyone!
Y'All have a Great Day!
Old January 30th, 2007, 08:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A trip to the bank is first up on my agenda. According to a letter from my bank,my debit/credit card is involved in the Tj Maxx hacking incident. Knowing that I was in Marshalls, during the time frame, I figured it would be. So, my bank took the extra step of giving every customer a new Debit Card.

Snow is on the way, a scant 2 inches is coming....And so is Aiden. A day of Noggin again, but now I say, evey hr or so, It's Memere's turn for a show

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 30th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Admiral

Good morning all,
Doug I have bathed my cat before him makes a lot of noise but luckily he has never tried to bite me. We had a cat my mom tried to bath and the cat bite my mom and won't let go. I will never forget the image of that small cat hanging off my mom's arm. Is it bad that I find it kinda funny?

For the 3 CCC Cruisers here is what the Madiera Island dock looks like.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old January 30th, 2007, 10:42 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Not a good day. See my post for prayers. Got the call from my daughter about my son's situation at 5:30 this morning. What a way to satart the day.

Just work planned and making some health calls for my son.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old January 30th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............not much going on today.....

Y'all have a good Tuesday.........

Sharon
Old January 30th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Colder weather making its way to Calgary. Still 30 F today, but we're going to be down to or below 0 in the next couple of days.

Going to my aunts funeral this afternoon. Then try and get the snowblower ready for the upcoming turn in weather.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 30th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning Tuesday

Good morning from Southern California.

That's quite a picture you painted, Doug. I gave our Siamese a bath a couple of times. Lots of yowling, but nothing worse.

I think Keith plans to go to the little airport in Riverside to see what his buddies are up to. I will probably do a bit of house cleaning and take myself out to lunch somewhere.

Have a good day, CM's.

Judy
Old January 30th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Good morning from the beautiful Pacific Northwest! A howling East wind today, which kicks up dust and debris -- we're going to need a good rain to clean the air after this.

Doug, I've never tried to bathe a cat before, and now I know never to try that!

Have a great day,

Dean
Old January 30th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Admiral

Afternoon gang,,
Late checking in today,,,busy morining. It's still cold here as well,,,although it's warmed up to 42 right now. But once that sun goes down the temp drops like a rock.

Doug several years ago when my MIL was in hosp. the lady that shared a room with her had worked at a vet's and she had "attempted" to bathe a cat. That cat did a real # on her and she ended up in the hosp.

Hope eveyone has a great Tuesday afternoon,,,stay warm.

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.