Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 2nd, 2007, 05:01 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to gspin2k1
Default Is Princess Cruises' Travel Insurance/Care worth it?

So I'm getting quoted anywhere from $115-145 per person for Travel Care/Insurance. Princess Cruises' Travel Care program if the reservation is cancelled voluntarily is only 75% refunded via credit towards Princess Cruises if past the final payment date (and I don't forsee anyone having any issue getting the time off). I also don't forsee anyone in my group cancelling due to medical reasons. Just curious if the Travel Insurance/Care is still worth it..is there something I'm missing as the major benefit to purchasing the Travel Insurance? Only reason i'm asking is so many travel agents insist i should get it, but then again..they could just be trying to squeeze more $$$ out of me...any opinions on the travel insurance?
~Gavin
Sponsored Links
Old February 2nd, 2007, 05:37 PM
Administrator
Admiral

My personal opinion on Cruise Line Travel Insurance is that it protects them as much as it protects you. I personally would not use it however I always take out some type of travel insurance. The main reason is for the medical evacuation and for the medical coverage "outside" of the United States. Very few medical policies cover you outside of the U.S.

Here is a link to an article on the Cruisemates Homepage that has a lot of good information on Travel Insurance and security when you travel.

Travel Insurance

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 2nd, 2007, 07:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I also agree with Mike, you need some kind of travel protection. There are a few good travel insurance companies that offer good coverages for cruises. While your regular medical insurance will cover medical care after deductables, they won't however cover any kind of medical transportation, such as being helicoptered to a hospital and that can run into the thousands of dollars, so be sure to protect yourself.

Message Boards Moderator