Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2007, 09:32 AM
Admiral

Default Port Canaveral Porter tip?

Yeaaa,,,,I've got a question. Since I'm somewhat incapacitated, I'm going to need a porter to lug the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and my luggage from the holding room out to the garage upon our return from our Glory cruise. How much should the tip be for this? I absolutely will need help, and certainly don't want to stiff the porter for his services.

Thanks,

Ken
Old February 14th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Admiral

I habe been there 3 times. There is no garage so to speak. Park and go across to the ship. I would drop of the wife with the luggage and then park the car. I love Port C since it is the easiest port compared to the chaos in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. If you do use a porter I would give $5.
Old February 14th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Admiral

There are actually two different areas used by Carnival at Port Canaveral. One is used by the smaller ships and has an open parking area. The Glory uses the same pier that the RCCL Mariner uses and has a parking garage directly across from the ship.

With regards to tipping the porter for taking the bags across to the garage, that would depend on how many bags, where in the garage you are parked, etc. If you have a couple bags and are on the lower level, I would think $ 12-15. If you have more bags and are on a higher level , I would consider a few dollars more. I also would tell him upfront I wanted him to take them across to the garage and how much I would give him.
In my opinion, it's money well spent.
Old February 14th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Admiral

Thanks Ron. Yes, we've sailed the Mariner and the Glory out of P.C. before, and have always parked in the garage, so was just concerned about not stiffing the porter. Since I just had the open heart surgery, whatever it costs me is absolutely money well spent. I remember that long, long ramp up to the upper level. (I was too stupid to take the elevator before)

Ken
Old February 14th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Admiral

Just got a call from Tweety, with the answer. Thanks

Ken