CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   I GOT A ZULU COCONUT!!! & Is My TA telling me the truth? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/328410-i-got-zulu-coconut-my-ta-telling-me-truth.html)

mteague February 19th, 2007 09:41 PM

I GOT A ZULU COCONUT!!! & Is My TA telling me the truth?

When we booked this group cruise, 5/20/07 on the Conquest, I thought the TA told me final payment was due March 1st. Well this afternoon I get an email telling me the final payment is due to Carnival TOMORROW!! :shock: This probably isn't a problem in any other part of the US, but it's Mardi Gras here......people are either in New Orleans or skiing. Well, except me. :cry: Even the banks are closed. :cry: I am supposed to magically reach 50+ people, get credit card info and get back to her. :x I really thought the due date was the first of March. Does anyone have any idea on this? I paid mine, so that means I have 47 to go!

I tried to call Carnival....no luck, they won't talk to me because I have a TA :twisted:

EDIT $523.10 x 47 = $25,525.70, I don't think my credit limit goes this high! :shock:

Melody

I GOT A ZULU COCONUT!

Fern February 19th, 2007 09:52 PM

Hi mstill,

Your TA should have told you when you booked when the final payment was due. Was your email from the TA or from Carnival?

If it's from the TA, call her tomorrow morning and ask why you weren't told the correct date (you should have paperwork showing the due date). I'm sure she won't want to lose your booking so she should work with you.

Generally, final payment is due 2 months before your sail date (it's earlier if it's a "holiday" sailing.)

Good luck!

beenie weenie February 19th, 2007 09:55 PM

You're right, she's wrong. Payment is due 70 days prior to sailing for: 4-, 5-, 6-, 7- and 8-day cruises. Call her and set her straight. Those deadlines are set by Carnival not her.

mteague February 19th, 2007 09:55 PM

The email was from the TA...tomorrow is Mardi Gras...I'll have to call her Wednesday, but thanks for the info.

Melody

Luanne Russo February 19th, 2007 11:33 PM

My final payment is March10th for a June cruise if that helps any.

Good Luck!!!

mehawk February 19th, 2007 11:49 PM

The 70 day amount is correct.

JeanS February 20th, 2007 12:24 AM

Personally I would find myself a NEW TA who is organized! sheesh... :roll:

Lisa February 20th, 2007 01:26 AM

Sometimes final payments are due earlier for group cruises. The cruise line may also have changed the final payment date on your TA. Talk to your TA first before assuming she is lying.

CruiseAholic February 20th, 2007 08:05 AM

I believe that many agencies add a week or so onto when the final payment is due to the cruise line to allow for people who are late.

JamesRT February 20th, 2007 10:39 AM

She's lying,I got the rope,and I know where there are some 4" Balls for weight.Let's string her up! LOL LOL LOL

LisaK February 20th, 2007 01:32 PM

Melody check your original paperwork it should have the final payment due date on it. My guess would be that your TA wants the payments into the cruise line because of the Mardi Gras holiday, she wants to make sure that everyone gets their payments in on time

mteague February 20th, 2007 08:44 PM

Today is Mardi Gras and most of the payments are in...........however I made her fess up. She says final payment due 75 days before cruise. I still think she is adding those 5 days.

James I'm with you, let's string her up....bring rope and balls!

Melody

beenie weenie February 20th, 2007 08:49 PM

Not to muddy the waters here but it's 75 days on an Alaska Cruise (dunno why) But for the Conquest doing a Caribbean cruise it is 70 days. I promise you!!! Oh and Melody Happy Fat Tuesday, well what's left of it anyway

mteague February 20th, 2007 09:08 PM

Hey Beenie,

Thanks for the info! It has been a wonderful Mardi Gras...the weather started out in the 70's, a little sun, then the clouds moved in. A few sprinkles here and there (enough to cool you down a bit!). The parades were bigger, the bands were louder...AND I GOT A COCONUT FROM THE ZULU PARADE!!!!!! I've been trying to get one of those forever (a prized Mardi Gras throw...a real coconut hand painted and glittered by Zulu crew members and given to special friends and lucky folks on the parade route)!

http://www.coconut.com/images/zucoco2.jpg

http://cruisemates.com/gallery2/galleries/495/4065.jpg

Finally got the pic to post...anyway this is a coveted throw! If you haven't been to Mardi Gras, you haven't lived!

LAISSEZ LE BON TEMPS ROULE!

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!

Happy Mardi Gras!
Melody

mteague February 20th, 2007 09:58 PM

Can anyone see the pic? I see it on the pc but laptop has a box with a red X :-?

Okay posted it twice..can you see it? How many times?

Melody

ready2gonow February 20th, 2007 10:36 PM

Very good!

In your post, I see the red X and then below it is the picture! So you were successful. I'm glad you had such a good Mardi Gras! It's almost over until next year. :cry:

mteague February 20th, 2007 10:42 PM

Yep, the police clear the streets at midnight...

All good Catholics will be in church tomorrow for Ash Wednesday (I'll be at the 7:00 am mass at St. Joseph's Cathedral downtown Baton Rouge).

No meat tomorrow or any Friday during Lent....let the seafood preparations begin!

Melody

beenie weenie February 21st, 2007 09:14 AM

That is one gorgeous Coconut. I wish I had been there.