CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Let the season begin! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/329013-let-season-begin.html)

BKcruiser February 28th, 2007 10:14 PM

Let the season begin!

Spring training starts tomorrow for the Cubs. Yaaaa hoooooo! What is your favorite team and how long have you been a fan? Will they go all the way???

timetocruise March 1st, 2007 12:47 AM

Good luck Cubs!! I think you'll love Lou Pinella. He has passion and makes the game more exciting. I've been a Yankee fan my whole life and I can't wait for tomorrow. I'm hoping they make it into the world series this year.

nolou525 March 1st, 2007 07:44 AM

I guess from my signature it's easy to see that I LOVE my Boston Red Sox. Been a fan as long as I can remember. No predictions from me as to how far they will go. (don't want to jinx them) We'll have to wait and see if the money for Dice-K was worth it.

As of today, there are 32 days until the Red Sox open up the season in Kanas City. 40 days until they open up at home against the Mariners.

VTJen March 1st, 2007 08:02 AM

My post would read the same as Nolou's. Can't remember a time that I didn't root for the sox. Summer was defined by listening to the Sox's on the radio...it's been a life-long love affair.

Theta March 1st, 2007 08:44 AM

GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!

I have been a fan for almost 41 years

ready2gonow March 1st, 2007 09:54 AM

I'll jump on the band-wagon of whatever team is winning! LOL And I'm so LOYAL! I do enjoy watching the games. If I'm watching a clutch game and I have a favorite team, the pressure kills me! Sometimes I just can't watch!

Floridanamaw March 1st, 2007 10:04 AM

BRAVES FAN HERE!!! What a roller coaster of a team. From worst to first, then first to worst........but I still root for them every year. Might even go to a game in Atlanta.

Travelnut March 1st, 2007 03:41 PM

Detroit Tiger fans here,,,both of us since childhood,,, But it's been awhile since we had something to cheer about till last year that is. Sure hope their streak continues,,,, :)

Trip March 1st, 2007 05:51 PM

My daughter and friends, are traveling down to the Brickyard in Baltimore to see a Red Sox game...To say she is already excited, would be an understatemant:):)

BKcruiser March 1st, 2007 10:55 PM

Good luck to all the teams. I've been a Cubs fan for 30 years. Lots of disappointments, but I'll never give up on them. I'm hoping our new manager can turn the team around and give us a world series title before we hit that 100 year mark!!! :shock:

For the first time in 18 years I will be going to opening day again! I have been to lots of Cubs games since I moved away but have always missed the excitment of opening day. We have tickets to all 3 games. Can't wait - in my opinion, Cubs opening day is the most exciting day in Chicago! :-P

Go CUBS!

mehawk March 6th, 2007 03:40 AM

I am a huge Astros fan. At least, WE have been to the Series lately. :wink: What can the Cubs fans say? LOL LOL <kidding> I am also a Bosox fan. If the Rocket returns to play for Houston, I think we might be in the Series again. I am one of the few who are glad to see Petitte leave.

Thomas March 6th, 2007 05:27 AM

St. Louis Cardinals!!!!!!! What a thrill to see them win the Series last year. I would love to watch them in spring training this year but when I laid out the schedule I just couldn't make it work.

Regards,
Thomas

JamesRT March 6th, 2007 10:59 AM

Having been raised in St.Louis it's gotta be the Cards!

AR March 6th, 2007 07:25 PM

This will be the third season for the Washington Nationals, the last at dumpy old RFK Stadium. Well, maybe not. The new yard is supposed to be ready this time next year, but I'm not holding my breath. This is Washington, after all.

The Nats will probably turn out to be the worst team in baseball this year, certainly much worse than their first two years under the great Frank Robinson. I mean, they're really gonna stink. I don't think they have a single pitcher who can throw a scoreless inning against the Little Sisters of the Poor. Period. It's gonna be a pathetic bloodbath.

But I'll be at the park anyway. I'm a masochist at heart.

rescuedad March 6th, 2007 09:40 PM

Go METS!!! Hurry up football season!!!!!!!

BKcruiser March 6th, 2007 11:40 PM

I know Cubs fans can't claim any world series visits or titles for A LOT OF YEARS..... but we are loyal. We can be in last place and the stadium will still be full. Loyal ... ... or just plain dumb??? I don't know. But, there isn't anything better than watching a game at the Friendly Confines of Wrigley Field!!

To the Cardinal fans out there - my friends nephew pitches for the Cards so on some days I become a temporary Cardinal fan. That is a really, really hard thing for a Cubs fan to admit! :oops: I wish he would get traded to the Cubs - it would make my life a lot easier! :)