Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2007, 02:11 AM
Admiral

Default Monday again.... Rise & Shine

Happy Monday to all of you.... less than 30 hours now I will be on the chopping block, so this will probably be my last "morning" post for a while.

RDonna - hope everything goed good for u today !

Doug - Im with Donna, that pic of the seafood buffet is GROSS !!!! Not even on a good day would that look good to me.... yuck !!!

Yall take care - have a good week !!
Steph
Sponsored Links
Old March 5th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Admiral

It's Monday, and I'm Rising, but I'm NOT Shining! 24 hours of liquid diet, the last 12 spent you-know-where! This morning had to drink more horrible stuff, then off to the hospital for further torture. Just for fun, we're having another snowfall just to make traffic interesting. Can I just fast forward to Tuesday?

Steph, good luck to you tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you!

donna
Old March 5th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Rollerdonna and Steph....hang in there!
I did some shopping yesterday for a few new things for our cruise next week. YAY! This will be the longest week in the world!
Angela Z.
Old March 5th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Admiral

OK Steph and RD maybe this little bit of yummy will suit you better :

Hope everyone has a great day!!! Warm weekend here is long gone and hello cold (I haven't forgotten you Phil, you overgrown rat!!!!!!).

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old March 5th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good morning allCM's
Cool temps this morning, 57*
Doug, Love the chocolate strawberries...yummmy
Donna, hope all goes well with your ----- I've been there to.
We went to Sarasota last night. Earl got to see old friends from his college days. Lots of chatching up to do. Its funny the friends you lose track off, show up years later, looking the same, just older.
Now that his buddies are retired, they are moving to Florida and enjoying what we like all along...No snow!
Have a good week.
Carole 8)
Old March 5th, 2007, 07:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.

My sister, aunt and I are waiting for a call to let us know Bob is in town so that we can join him for breakfast.

RD, the worst is over for you now. Good luck with the testing.

Steph, I'll be keeping you in my prayers. Wish there was someway you could let us know how you are doing. ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) to you.

Doug, thanks for the strawberries. :-)

Angela, when you are packing don't forget to throw me in one of the bags. I WANNNNNNA GO!

Have a good one all.

Phyll
Old March 5th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

I'm going to enjoy the balmy 18 degrees as the weatherman tells me that as the day wears on, and the winds pick up, and as the snow squalls rage, the temps that follow them, with the windchill's will be at about -30.
Hard to believe we are getting 30 belows in March. Can honestly tell you, I'm really not looking forward to this, or to be honest.

Thank you guys for the pep talk on Saturday. I just am so overwhelmed I don't believe I can think rationally right now. My husband was on call, and worked all weekend, and I had no voice of reason to calm me down.
It is just a wait and see game until I get my next blood test on March 23rd I guess. I still think this doctor has some flawed believes as what he says and the hemotologist says are vastly different. I hope I can get someone who really knows involved in this case, that's why I believe I may ask for a endorcrinologist, tho' my doctor seemed real hesitant to refer me to one. Maybe my oral surgeon can refer me.

Didn't get a chance to get on yesterday. With the Pastor gone it's up to me to keep things rolling. Since half our congregation in Florida for school break, it made it really hard. Almost no musicians, no choir. Then we had a broken hot water heater, of course it was on the day of our monthly breakfast. Then an hour before Youth Group the two teen leaders scheduled for the night cancelled, and since my husband was on a call for work, that meant I had to go and do it. I was not really prepared, but we made it through and I don't feel like I completely wasted the teens time. Then of course whoever unlocked the side door on Sunday took the key with them so I couldn't lock it. Now I have to track that down, as well as the spare key to the boiler room. I have the door jammed taped so I can get in there with the repairman. Hopefully there will be no more emergencies until the Pastor gets back. I'm just not really on top of my game at the moment, and the extra stress is taking it's toll.

RD - I was where you are a month ago. Will pray that your's goes 100%
better than mine. I still can't think about that liquid without gagging.
Hope you have a safe drive. By tomorrow it will be all but an un-
pleasant memory. I didn't know you were not a shrimp lover!

Doug - Both the Seafood and the Strawberries looked good, but I have
no appetite for them at the moment.
Steph - will be praying all goes well for you!

I hope everyones week gets off to a good start.
Old March 5th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Considering Luanne just pulled all my stuffing out, I'm doing fine. I had a bout of the Gout over the weekend, but it's over now. No steak for me for a while.....

RD is looking forward to tomorrow? I think not. -40 with the wind chill.

I'll put my stuffing back and stay in bed.... plotting sweet revenge for Luanne.

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008
Old March 5th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

Yeah, it's another Monday, and I'm right in the middle of a cold. I've been relatively healthy all winter long, but a few days of warm weather must have brought the "bugs" out. Ugh!

I'm trudging through the work I have to do today, because I've another set of training classes the next three days. I hope I can make it!

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old March 5th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It was an "exciting" day at Chuck-e-Cheese, with the grandkids. I can handle that about once every six to nine months but it was worth it because the kids had a great time. BTW: Their pizza isn't bad.

Donna: Just pretend you're going on a shore excursion to "Colon", Panama. I've been there a whole bunch of times. Panama, once but the other one many. I actually like having a position where I can look at the monitor. It takes your mind off of what's going on. Don't get knocked out, just relax, watch the monitor and talk to the doctor. It helps. The last time I had it, the doctor and I exchanged lines from "Young Frankenstein." It was actually fun. The prep is a heck of a lot worse than the procedure.

Jen, I'm glad you are doing better and taking some initiative.

To everyone else, have a great Monday and a wonderful week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 5th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good Monday morning everyone!

The sun is shining here today in Minnesota and it looks like it will be a nice day. Hopefully it will melt a lot of this snow.

Off to the gym in a while with my 2 yr. old grandson. Have to get him to run off some of his energy.

Take care,

FANTASY October/06
ELATION February/07
SENSATION August/09

Old March 5th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Admiral

Morning, mates!

A beautiful day out my window, but a bit cold, for now. Warming up to 70 or so, though.

RD, I had my drink flavored Pineapple. My DH was surprised, since I don't like pineapple. I told him I would wasn't going to ruin the future tasts of some flavor I LIKE!
Steph, You're in my prayers.
Jen, I'm praying for you, that all will get better on all fronts!

I have a nice lady coming to MIL-sit this afternoon. I'm going to go play for a few hours. Probably a trip for a manicure/pedicure.

Have a great day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old March 5th, 2007, 10:18 AM
First Mate

Good morning all!

Rollerdonna, hope all goes good with your "procedure", it will be done before ya know it! Take care

Steph, Good luck tomorrow and I'll be thinkin of you, and will be waiting to chat with you again soon. Perhaps your son could let me know how you are doing and I can post it on here, cause a LOT of people care and want to know how you are doing.Especially your Canadian "Sis".

To all the other Cruisemates, have a great day and be good to yourself.

Comet Cruiser
Gail

Old March 5th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Admiral

Default Monday Again . . . Rise and Shine

Good morning from sunny Southern California. A Santa Ana is blowing through. Don't know how warm or cold it is, since I haven't been out yet.

RD, I hope al goes well foryou today.
Steph, you will be in my thoughts, too. Please let us know how you're doing.
Doug, I love shrimp!

And speaking of shrimp, that's waht we had for dinner last night. After the play, neither of us wanted to go to the store for scallops.

Today is gym day for Keith, and I MUST start the ironing!

Have a good Monday, all.

Judy
Old March 5th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Chinook winds still blowing. Temps mid 50s F for Calgary.

Had our "cruise meeting" yesterday with friends joining us for the Greek cruise, and we picked out some Eygpt excursions we want to do together... and agreed on a hotel for all to stay at in Athens.

Off shortly to meet with a Business Broker... in search of my next career.
Mrs. Kuki is tiring of me not leaving the house every morning.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 5th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Admiral

It's 1 p.m. I'm home, all is well, and I'll have some of Doug's chocolate dipped strawberries now, thank you very much!

donna
Old March 5th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Donna,

I'm glad that all is well: Just think, movie stars pay big money for the same weight loss system you just went through.

Chow down!!!

Take care
Mike (Who's either having sympathy pains or something's going on in the lower right quadrant)

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 5th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Admiral

glad u made it ok RD - Ive had enough of those "preps" to last me a lifetime... I dont mind the test one bit... just wish there was a better way to "prep" - Im shuddering now thinking about drinking that goop.

Go get something yummy now that you have survived the ordeal !!

Take Care,
Steph
Old March 5th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Admiral

Thank you Mike and Steph for your kind words, and Mike for your bad joke about Colon, Panama!
Mike, I hope there is nothing going on in your "lower right quadrant". For me, it was the lower left, but apparently all is well, despite the pain.
Steph, you are right, the prep is far worse than the test. There has GOT to be a better way....

donna