CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   POST-Surgery Cruise a success! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/329290-post-surgery-cruise-success.html)

skymaster March 5th, 2007 02:50 PM

POST-Surgery Cruise a success!

The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I just returned from our post-surgery cruise aboard the "Glory". Everything went well, with no problems getting aboard, or getting off the ship. (Platinum status really helped since we didn't have to wait in line at all) We mostly just held down deck chairs, read, listened to music, and enjoyed the weather, and view. It was a good cruise,,,,not quite as good as our last "Glory" cruise, as the CD had changed to Wee Jimmy, who in my opinion isn't as good at his job as he could be. Food was excellent, entertainment good, and relaxation outstanding. All in all, a great way to recuperate!

See you aboard,

Ken

Trip March 5th, 2007 03:47 PM

So glad you had an restful, and enjoyable cruise. Time to plan another;)

CruisinK n J March 5th, 2007 05:19 PM

Post Surgery Cruise a Success

Glad to hear that all went well, Ken. Interesting you should say that about Wee Jimmy. On another board, they were extolling his virtues.

Judy

Mean Dean March 5th, 2007 05:30 PM

Ken,

Glad to hear you had a great cruise! And a "successful" one at that -- always the best kind!

Welcome home,

Dean

skymaster March 5th, 2007 05:35 PM

Hi Judy;
See,,,that just shows how much they know on that "other board". :-? I just felt like the entertainment was hit and miss on this cruise, and that the timing of the shows was way off. Instead of everything flowing from one activity to the next, there were big gaps in the schedule, where there was nothing to do,,,then there were two or three things all scheduled at once so that you had to decide which show or activity you wanted to do, and miss the others. Just not well planned, and that's the CD's job to put all these things together. We had a great time anyway, but if I had been up to my usual energy level, I might have been a bit more "miffed" about the schedule.
However, having said all that,,,,there is no bad cruise.

Ken

Kuki March 5th, 2007 06:06 PM

Ken..
Glad to hear you enjoyed the cruise, and even happier to hear you returned home feeling good!

rollerdonna March 5th, 2007 06:45 PM

Ken, so glad to hear you and Mrs. J had a great time, and got to relax and recover! Did you do any karaoke onboard?

donna

Mike M March 5th, 2007 07:22 PM

I am glad that you and Vita had a great cruise and are back to good health!!!

Take care,
Mike

Angela Z. March 5th, 2007 07:50 PM

Nice to see you again Ken and glad to hear you and Vita had a relaxing time. Looks like it won't be long til your next cruise by your countdown clock!
Angela Z.

skymaster March 6th, 2007 08:39 AM

Hi again to all of you. Yes, I couldn't be happier with my recovery. I think this surgery has improved leaps and bounds from the pain and suffering that most endured in the past.
Donna, YES, I did a little bit of karaoke, but not nearly as much as I normally do. I didn't even try out for the "Legends" show, and I always look forward to that. You just keep singing too, and you and I will do a "Danny and Sandy" song on one of these cruises.
Angela, you're absolutely right. Our annual "Family Reunion" cruise is coming up fast. I think it's 39 days or something like that. By then, I should be 100% and able to enjoy my brothers, and their familys, as well as a big gang of people we know from here in Lakeland who are coming along. Grab your hubby, and come on along too! :D

Ken

VTJen March 6th, 2007 09:37 AM

Glad you got plenty of rest and relaxation!

mehawk March 6th, 2007 11:48 PM

Hoorah! :D

Angela Z. March 7th, 2007 06:54 AM

Ken,
Thanks for the invite on the family reunion cruise....it's just that darn time and money thing that keeps us from going!
Angela Z.