CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   A Lost Puzzle! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/329490-lost-puzzle.html)

Trip March 8th, 2007 12:12 PM

A Lost Puzzle!

I just heard on tv, that 2 of the survivors on Lost, are siblings.....any guesses?

RD, Don't pull your hair out:):)

Mike M March 8th, 2007 12:26 PM

Trip:

Locke and I have the same hairstyle. Does that make us brothers? LOL

Take care,
Mike

ready2gonow March 8th, 2007 12:37 PM

No, Mike. It will make you and RD brother and sister, after she pulls all her hair out, trying to figure it out!

B D B G March 8th, 2007 01:17 PM

That show is whack.

nolou525 March 8th, 2007 01:35 PM

Just to clarify Trip-----on the show or in real life???

If it's on the show, I know the answer but won't tell. If it's in real life, ????????????????

Mean Dean March 8th, 2007 01:46 PM

This is a repost of a reply on an earlier thread, but it makes more sense on this one!

As for "Lost", I like the show also, but it moves so very s l o w l y....... Every episode seems to raise more questions, and then we get one answer every 10th episode or so. I think viewers are getting bored with its glacial pace and are giving up on it.

"Lost" used to be in the top 10 of the Neilsen Ratings, but these days, isn't even the top 30. I think next year (season 4) will be its last.

I'm more interested in what's going on with the island, than the characters. I think there were several uses for the island, a couple of which are: that there was a biological experiement that got out of hand and killed many of the scientists. Also that the Dharma Project was used for some sort of social experiments, with the several hatches. I think the "Others" came later and are using the islands for other reasons, including fertility experiments.

I usually record the episodes, and then fast-forward through all the irrelevant material. I can watch an episode in 15 minutes!

Dean

rollerdonna March 8th, 2007 11:21 PM

Trip, I heard on the "teaser" there would be a surprising revealation about 2 of the survivors, but not that they were related. Something referred to last season, but never gotten back to confirm, was that the real "Henry Gale", the black man they found buried near his hot air balloon, was the brother of Rose, the black lady suddenly recovered from a fatal illness. Or maybe they will get around to revealing that next week, who knows!

p.s.Mean Dean, I have to agree with all of your hypothesis.
But I'm still reeling with confusion over the episode with Desmond and his "Groundhog Day"/time travel experience!

donna

Mean Dean March 9th, 2007 12:42 AM

Donna,

See what I mean about every episode raising 10 questions, and then giving 1 answer every 10 episodes.........?

Wouldn't it be just about right, if in the very last episode of the series, that we find out it was a "Bob Newhart" type ending? (Remember the Bob Newhart show, where he was an inn-keeper in New England, and then he woke up one night, and discovered it was all a dream and he was really the Bob Newhart from his old TV show?)

I'll let you know what I think of this week's episode as soon as I watch it. As soon as I get 15 minutes........ 8)

Dean

rollerdonna March 9th, 2007 06:52 AM

Dean, yes, I remember that show and that ending, as well as "Dallas" when the "Bobby Ewing is dead" storyline ended with it all being a dream too.
I'm praying this will not be the case with LOST, and that the writers and producers will finally explain EVERYTHING!!
What was your take on the Desmond story?

donna

nolou525 March 9th, 2007 07:26 AM

Donna--I recall somewhere, hearing or being told something about a Harry Gale and Rose connection. That's what I thought Trip was referring about.

I also get more confused with each show. Only time will tell what the true story is.