Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 11th, 2007, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Default Good Sunday Morning!

Good morning, Cruisemates! Before I get started, let me remind you to set your clocks ahead one hour.
We are in WV visiting our daughter and her hubby. It was so nice to just get away! I have also taken tomorrow off work for a mental health day. Of course, even though I am off, I still have to participate in a conferencce call. It is never-ending.
Our ride to WV was quite eventful as our 5 mo. old puppy still gets severe motion sickenss. Over a 2 1/2 hour ride, she was sick at least 7 times. For the ride home, we are going to try Dramamine. I sure hope it works.
I hope you all have a great day and upcoming week! Take care out there and think spring!
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old March 11th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Admiral

Good morning MaryLou and others. Happy Sunday to you all.

Up to get ready for church. We changed the clocks back around 9:00 pm last night. We figured, changed them when we remember or we might forget.

My husbands beloved Aunt Mary died yesterday from bone cancer. She just found out on Monday that she had the disease. By then it was too late. They had been treating her for arthritis the past few months, not realizing that it was cancer. She was 77 years old.

Not much planned for the day except church, out for breakfast, a quick visit to the mall and some laundry.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old March 11th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

It has warmed up. It is 33. We had rain yesterday, it has no frozen and all the roads are covered with black ice.

We are off to church. Not sure, but will probably just sit around the rest of the day.

ML - poor puppy and poor you! Your work is demanding.
Cheryl - I send you my condolences and prayers during this sad time.

Good day to you all,
Old March 11th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I hope everyone has successfully come through the time warp. Wow man, it's like an episode of Star Trek. I made sure I wasn't wearing a red shirt when I went to bed. No: I haven't gone crazy. If you don't get it then you aren't a Star Trek person.

Mary Lou: Sorry about the puppy. Ask your Vet about a 2 Mg. Valium and see if you can give that to her before a long car ride. It will help with motion sickness and anxiety. The Vet may also have other suggestions.

Nolou: So sorry about your Aunt. Too bad they hadn't caught on about the bone cancer. My best wishes to you, your husband and your family.

Did a bit of fishing yesterday but it was cut short. I'll have to go again at another time.

Betty is working today and my son is moving some stuff out of the basement. He and three friends will be here to move stuff out. Ya!!!! I will once again have storage space.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and a great week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 11th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny Florida.

ML, it's nice to hear that you are taking a break and getting away for the weekend. Maybe Mike will see your post and have some good inside info for you to help the puppy on the way home.

Cheryl, my condolences to your family too.

Take care everyone and take a siesta this afternoon to catch up with that lost hour.

Phyll
Old March 11th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A bright sunny and WARM day here today, yayayayay! Don't know what we'll do today, maybe nothing Bruce got the deal of a lifetime on a stainless gas grill, on Ebay, signs of summer,[sigh.]

Ml, that poor puppy, I hope the ride home is better

Cheryl, yrs ago, if Florida, my MIL, was treated for bursitis,when she had bone cancer as well. Its devestating, I know

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 11th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good morning all CM's
I hope you all remembered to turn you clocks AHEAD one hour. Also, change your batteries in the smoke detectors.
Yeah,Mike. I get the Star Trek joke. By the way, The next Star Trek movie is in production and due for release Christmas 2008!!
Live long and Prosper.

Cheryl, My sympathys to you and the family.
Have a great Sunday.
Carole 8)
Old March 11th, 2007, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Top of the morning from Lakeland, Florida. Well,,,this will be my last week before returning to work after my surgery. I'm looking forward to returning to the "daytime" job, but certainly not the standby and all the middle of the night work.
Nothing big going on today,,,,just the usual Sunday stuff. Hope all is well for all my CruiseMates.
Just found out that we got upgraded to the Verandah deck for our upcoming "Liberty" family reunion cruise.

See y'all aboard,

Ken
Old March 11th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All, from Montreal, where we have hit +2C or 35F!! Only a few days ago it was -35!! Sun is out, and snow is melting fast. Can spring be just around the corner?

ML, glad you "got away" but bummer about the puppy in the car - reminds me of me! Gravol (Dramamine) always worked for me, but be careful about the dosage vs the dog's weight. My mom overdosed by sister once, because she was much tinier than her age at the time!

Chery, my condolences on the loss of your aunt. I wonder how many people are misdiagnosed like that?

Ken, congrats on the upgrade!

Mike, sorry your fishing was cut short, I know how much you enjoy it.

Sunday looks like a day of cleaning for me. I visited a friend in a "model home" yesterday, and it shamed me into getting rid of some clutter in my home!

*edited to add: I just got a phone call from my sister, informing me our aunt in California has just been diagnosed with bone cancer, after being treated for everything else, including osteoporosis. Cheryl, apparently these "misdiagnosis's" happen more often than you think!

donna
Old March 11th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Admiral

Morning, Mates!

*yaawwwwn* I'm sleepy! A beautiful day today, but rains a'coming tomorrow. DH went to church and I'm here with MIL. I hope today is a better day for her. Yesterday she would only take a few sips of anything and a few bites of food.

Cheryl, I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sorry it was not diagnosed sooner.
ML, poor you and poor puppy.
Mike, sounds like an excuse to plan another fishing trip!

Everyone make it a good day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old March 11th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Default Good Sunday Morning

Good morning from sunny Southern California. Our high temps go on and on. Oh well, you can't do anything about the weather, so might as well just enjoy it.

ML, glad you got away from the monster job. Poor puppy, too.
Cheryl, my condolences on your loss. Scary that she was misdiagnosed.
Mike, hope you get another chance at fishing, but warm weather is coming. So there should be lots of chances.

Yesterday was a washout, so far as I was concerned. Hope today is better. Will do just Sunday stuff, too.

Have a good day whatever you do.

Judy
Old March 11th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning from a warmer NH. Temps are picking up and the snow is melting. Can spring be far off??? Cheryl I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers from Patty and I. Last night my phone rang. It was Patty, I was delighted. She has been away since the first of the year. I am taking her to visit a friend tomorrow and out to lunch. I look forward to seeing h er again. I have missed her. Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old March 11th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates!

Woke up this AM and noticed the time on my computer was corrected automatically, and even my cell phone had the right time... so another Y2K disaster avoided.

A mid 60s F day in store for Calgary... so spring is in the air, but that'll end Tues when more snow is in the forecast Think today will be the day to get Sammy the frisbee king a bunch of excercise.

Cheryl.. condolensces to you and your family!!
Old March 11th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon Mary Lou and all of my other friends. My electronic "stuff" upgraded itself as well according to the times. Neat

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.