Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2007, 12:32 AM
Admiral

Default MStill Let's do lunch!

I am not sure what your schedule is like. Are you available Sunday or Monday, the 25th or the 26th. We'll be available either day and have nothing planned in concrete at this point. I would love to meet you before we go, but I won't fly in until about 6:00 p.m. Saturday Night and the kids go to sleep about 7:30 so I won't have time to do much aside from checking into the hotel, grabbing a quick bite and putting them to bed, Then I am going to drink a lot of wine so I can sleep in spite of my excitement. Mental note... pack extra wine!

Let me know what works for you, if you're available. I'd love to get to meet you in person.
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old March 12th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Admiral

What?
Old March 12th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

Beenie, either day is fine with me. Monday I can schedule work in New Orleans so I would be there for sure. Sunday, I was supposed to go to a lecture, but the tickets are sold out! Bummer!

Melody

PS How old are your kids?
Old March 12th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Admiral

The kiddos are about 4 and a half, and almost 7. They are a lot of fun and full of energy. Not to mention cute as heck. But then again I am partial. I am so needing this trip right now! I spoke to my accountant, and have to have my corporate taxes filed before I leave and they have to be in the mail by Thursday. I tried to talk him into filing an extension and having me come in later when we return, but no dice. He isn't letting me get away with my procrastination this time. Perhaps I should bring a case of wine with me to wash away the stress. The only problem is after about 2 glasses I fall asleep, so a case would probably be overkill hehehe.

Sorry to hear about your lecture. Monday will work for us as well. How about the Crescent City Brew House around noon? I haven't been there in a while, but as I recall the food was OK the last time or if you have any suggestions that would be great.
Old March 12th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Admiral

Sounds good to me!
Old March 12th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Melody,
Take her to "Mother's" for lunch,then to the Quarter!
Old March 12th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Admiral

Melody I see you are now the official "Welcome Wagon" for cruisemates.When i'm there is it possible you can meet me at the Holiday Express ?
Old March 13th, 2007, 12:44 AM
Admiral

James, Strangely enough I happen to love Mothers! I know its one of those places you either love or hate and Mothers was there for me when I was young, dumb, and broke (in the 80's). Basically I got a wild hair, jumped on the train to NOLA, when I got there I discovered all the wonders of Mardi Gras, spent most of my money, but ended up extending my trip by several days by economizing (eating at Mother's) I can still taste that shrimp etouffee omelette OMG, that wasn't nothing but good! I actually sat in with the band at Crescent City and made a couple of bucks. My mom's drummer's brother was playing at Snug Harbor, so I got to see him and one of the Marsellis fellas play there one night. I have a very, very warm spot in my heart for Dixieland Jazz and NOLA, aww hell and even Mothers. I still remember walking in there and this little woman with a huge shrill voice starts yelling at me. OK Baby, what you wanna order?, OK Baby you sit right down and we'll call you when its ready. OK Baby, come and get it! It was so fun. I wish I was young again and knew then, what I know now.
Old March 13th, 2007, 01:12 AM
Admiral

Beenie, didn't mean to crash your thread,I was just kidding with Melody a fellow HIH Member.Melody is a real trooper,and I know she will be more than happy to show you around Nah Leans
Old March 13th, 2007, 01:18 AM
Admiral

Will feel free to crash my thread anytime!
Old March 13th, 2007, 04:41 AM
Admiral

Just being funny Beenie. I think we should ALL have Melody put us up for a week!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old March 13th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Beenie and I will have a GREAT time!

Will, I don't do Holiday Inn Express baby!

Michael, that sounds like a plan! HIH/Cruisemates slumber party in New Orleans!

James....(big kiss!) you know you loved it!

Melody
Old March 13th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

beenie,Melody,
I enjoyed the food at Mother's,more importantly the wife did.
In fact we enjoyed spending the day with Melody,and I'm sure you will enjoy your time spent with her.
Joyce and I will be headed back to N.O in a couple of months if things go as planned.Hope to visit with Melody again.
Old March 13th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Admiral

James,

I can't wait to see you again! Since Joyce doesn't like seafood, let's do something different. See ya soon!

Melody