Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2007, 12:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Thanks to the Florida CruiseMates for coming to dinner

Mrs Kuki and I have to thank Tweety(for organizing too) and Harry, and Linda and Guerry Griggs, and FLLady, and Phyll and Jake for hauling themselves out to meet us for dinner tonight in Stuart, Fl at Bare Bones. And a special thank you to Jason for dropping in as a surprise. Wonderful finally meeting... and thanks for the "Bucs" T-shirt!!

It was GREAT to see you all!! Amazing that those of you living more than 2 hrs away drove down to join us!! (And I hope everyone made it home safe!). It was just over an hr getting back to Ft. Lauderdale.

I have a heavy foot... but the drivers on I 95 made my 80 mph look like I was crawling

CruiseMates always make the BEST company!!! Thanks guys.. and we enjoyed the drive to. Saw a sign for condos at Ocean Side.. STARTING at $1.6 Million going to $7 Million. I bought one of each
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Admiral

Happy to report , we're home safe and sound and have checked on Ray and Helen and they too are home. It was great seeing you and Geela again and Phyl and Jake again and a treat to finally meet Jeanne and Ellis (Fllady) and Jason. Ray and Helen we see quite frequently but it's always a pleasure to see them too. Glad you trip back to FLL was safe and wish you a Bon Voyage on Monday.

Carnival Glory
Old March 25th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Admiral

We had a great time too! It's always fun to get together with this group, and it was great to finally meet Jeanne and Ellis. Jason's appearance was quite a fun surprise. I'm so glad he decided to stop by and see us.

Thanks Gaile for arranging all of it!

Phyll
Old March 25th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Nest time I want the Florida Dinner in Boston

Glad you all had a great time!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 25th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning and thank you for such a fun time last night. It was definitely great to meet you all and finally putting real people with the names and faces. Thank you Gaile for arranging it. Phyll it was so good to finally meet you and Jake. I know you aren't down here for too long, but hope we can have another dinner out before you guys go back north. I agree Kuki, the Floridians drive nuts! I hate going on I95, because of it. I let Ellis drive home last night and he had Ray and Helen follow us, because we live right near the turnpike entrance. Glad that they made it home safe as well. Jason of course it was so good to finally meet you, even though your little trick really had me going there!! When he came over to our table he asked for Ellis and said the "over the hill stripper"he ordered for jeanne was there! I denied it was me! and then Ray asked him who he was! We all a good laugh, leave it to Jason to always bring a laugh to us all.

Jeanne/fllady
Old March 25th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default dinner

Yep we 2, Helen and I had a great time. Thanks Ellis for leading us to the turnpike. We set our cruise on 72 and everybody I mean everybody passed us. We got home safely and hit the hay pretty fast. Stuffed with too many ribs.

Was awaken about 1 with phone call. Helen Brother in Shreveport, La had passed away. No further details available. We plan to go up there after arrangements are made.

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Old March 25th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

It sounds like a great time for all. I hope to one day be able to come to one of them too.

Helen, I am so sorry about your brother.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old March 25th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Sounds like it was another great get together. I'm sorry Dave and I couldn't make it but look forward to the next one.
Helen, sorry to hear about your brother.
Kuki, you might as well buy one of those condos since you're around here so much!
Angela Z.
Old March 25th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Admiral

Sounds like the usual "Great Time was had by all" at another Florida Get Together! I'm so sorry that the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I couldn't make it, but it was just a little out of range for us, considering I'm on call for the Tampa/St. Petersburg area. With any luck, we'll be at the next one.
Helen, so sorry to hear about your brother.

See y'all aboard,

Ken