CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Duo, Overboard (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/330516-duo-overboard.html)

Trip March 25th, 2007 08:42 AM

Duo, Overboard

Whats going on? Now, a two-fer went over the side on a Princess ship from Galveston! They were rescued, thankfully. Limited details on this mornings news..

I cannot fathom what happened in this case, will just wait and see:(

Delft March 25th, 2007 08:45 AM

I so can't wait to hear the reason these two went over board! :-? It seems alcohol is often most involved.

Kuki March 25th, 2007 09:25 AM

Haven't found this story yet on any of the major online news sites... but if it happened, it's just another story about idiots getting on ships.

You'd have to be an idiot to fall off a cruise ship. For two at once you'd both have to be from the same end of a horse LOL :wink:

ready2gonow March 25th, 2007 09:29 AM

Not much information available, yet, but our local station ran a short spot. Of course they said "A couple FELL from a Princess cruise ship." They said that they searched for them 4 hours. Also stated that people in neighboring cabins heard "screaming" prior.

The newspeople never say a word about the fact that you CAN'T FALL from a ship!

Delft March 25th, 2007 10:00 AM

I agree, even me who is a cautious nurse, and always thinking safety and health say you cannot just "fall off a ship".

trarecar March 25th, 2007 10:15 AM

I wonder if they will be charged for the time and money it took to rescue them?

Is it just me, or does this seem to be happening a lot lately? Does this type of thing come in spurts or something? LOL

Luanne Russo March 25th, 2007 11:23 AM

It happens way to often. This is three survivors in one week. At least they are getting better at floating. LOL I am waiting on someone to blame there swim on the fact that the pool was closed. LOL

AR March 25th, 2007 11:42 AM

Mostly, I just gotta love anybody who can't "fathom" why people fall overboard. A good pun (intended or not) is lots more fun than worrying about these idiots. If they should happen to have wound up "swimming with the fishes" I would simply shrug. Logical consequences.

Luanne Russo March 25th, 2007 11:50 AM

I wonder if the crew threw them a raft and a compass, and told them to find their own way home, this would stop.

ready2gonow March 25th, 2007 11:54 AM

I just don't understand it!

Luanne Russo March 25th, 2007 11:59 AM

I have hubby on IM, and I told him what happened. Told him not to get any ideas about the rail on the balcony. LOL He is disappointed that he didn't think of it first, and very disappointed that I shot the idea down. LOL

AR March 25th, 2007 12:01 PM

The public prints are now saying that the happy couple were a male (22) and a female (20). Happened late at night, 150 miles out of Galveston. Was alcohol involved? Would you bet against it?

Or maybe this will be the explanation. . .

See, we wanted to have our picture taken together on deck. So we asked somebody if they'd take it with our camera. He said sure, looked through the viewfinder and said he couldn't get us both in the shot. "Back up a little," he instructed. "A little more. . .a little more. . . SPLASH.

Please note that I made that one up. But, you never know.

Luanne Russo March 25th, 2007 12:04 PM

I don't know AR. The man didn't have his clothes on. How do you figure that one out.

AR March 25th, 2007 12:06 PM

It's not too hard, Luanne.

ready2gonow March 25th, 2007 12:07 PM

All kinds of scenarios come to mind:

Honey, would you get up here and look at this!

Where, dear?

Luanne Russo March 25th, 2007 12:12 PM

Honey, I want to be on that talk show too!!!

AR March 25th, 2007 12:32 PM

Love, exciting and new,
Come aboard.
And just hit the brew.
Soon, they’ll go straight overboard.
But you know,
they’ll float back to you.

The Love Boat
soon will be making another run.
The Love Boat promises rescues for everyone.
Set a course for adventure,
Just go on and take a chance.

Love won't hurt anymore
’Cause they just washed up on a distant shore.

It's Looooove!
Welcome aboard - It's Looooove!

Luanne Russo March 25th, 2007 12:40 PM

That is soooo funny!!! Do you think we have a show here somewhere?

"Cruise ship Survivor" Guests gather to see which ones can do the stupidest things, and actually make it.

Contestants must be able to balance on the balcony rail. Must be able to drink anything it sight, and must sign a release to appear on all talk shows.

Warning: There are fish in the water, and they are attracted to worm shaped objects, so clothing for men is at your own risk. LOL

mehawk March 25th, 2007 02:59 PM

AR... LOL You are on a ROLL today :D

CruisinK n J March 25th, 2007 03:08 PM

Duo, Overboard

I guess anybody can become an athlete on alcohol, cuz you'd have to have some physical prowess and alcoholic "courage" to do so.

Judy

DavidBgood March 25th, 2007 03:16 PM

Oh yes, (those above CruisinK n J)...I just love those glib statements, its what makes the board world go round. Especially love the caring attitude my fellow humans have :-?

mehawk March 25th, 2007 03:48 PM

It is incredible concerning just how stupid people are getting now. It's two for one on the ship this evening. LOL

Ron March 25th, 2007 03:52 PM

Just doesn't pay to " screw around " on the balcony !! :wink:
Maybe they should have hooked bungee cords to their ankles prior to startng their endeavor !!

ready2gonow March 25th, 2007 03:53 PM

DavidBGood, it is not a lack of caring. I simply cannot understand how this is happening, so often. Secondly, a lot of my frustration is targeted toward the media's reporting of these incidents. If indeed, these people have been attempting suicide, that is very sad.

mehawk March 25th, 2007 03:55 PM

As I stated in another post, the cruise line passengers need to start suing these people and maybe, by getting hit in the pocketbook, people will stopped being so careless. Strange, how people don't care about the danger or maybe even dying but they don't want to have to pay money out.

Kuki March 25th, 2007 03:56 PM

Quote:

Especially love the caring attitude my fellow humans have
Ah yes, to be politically correct, and to be in tune with our mother earth, and to prevent further deterioritation from global warming, just because these people became so annebriated they had such a slim connection to the reality of their situation that they managed to fall off a cruise ship, is no reason we still shouldn't care for them; they are fellow human beings after all.

JamesRT March 25th, 2007 04:02 PM

What ever the reason,I'm glad they were found and are safe.

Luanne Russo March 25th, 2007 05:17 PM

David,

We care!!! We are using humor to try and understand the why to all of this. Now I hear they got back on the ship, and are on their way to the first port. Boy what a good excuse for missing dinner. LOL

mehawk March 25th, 2007 05:20 PM

Luanne, really, they were allowed back on the ship!!?? :shock:

Just another chance to get it right this time.

JamesRT March 25th, 2007 05:21 PM

Luanne,I agree,sometimes we have to laugh to keep from crying! :D