Planning your first cruise can be challenging, especially for people who do not travel much or have never organized a vacation. So you want to know how to plan that first cruise. Well let’s start by giving you some basic information to put you at ease. Congratulations! Did you know that close to 45% of the passengers on a cruise ship are first time cruisers just like you? Who Is Going on the Cruise?
Choosing to get together with everyone who will be traveling with you is often the first step. Decide where you all want to go and how many days you will want to cruise. First time cruisers should work with a travel agent who is very experienced in booking cruises. But do not be in a hurry to do this there are some questions that you will need to have answered first.
Once you answer these questions you will be ready to choose a cruise line and ship. If you will be having children or elderly people with you, you may want to make sure that everyone gets what they want (to have fun on the ship). Keep in mind there are some ships that are primarily adult only and will not have much for children to do.
Here are the questions you will need to answer before visiting your TA.
1. Who Is Going on the Cruise? Adults, teens, children, elderly, etc
2. How Much Are You Prepared to Spend?
3. How Long Is Your Vacation?
4. When Do You Want to Travel?
5. Where Do You Want to Cruise?
6. What Types of Things Do You Like to Do?
7. What Type of Cabin Do You Want/Need? Such as with a view, a suite, etc.
8. When Do You Like to Eat Dinner? Do you have specific times you want or would you prefer buffet where you can eat anytime?
9. Do You Like to Dress Up?
10. How Will You Get to Your Cruise Ship?
**Edited by moderator to remove commericial reference.