Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2007, 01:51 AM
Admiral

Default Rosie Does It Again

The drivell that Rosie ranted about today is outrageous. Blaming the US and Britain regardin gthe Hostage sailors and stating that the US and Britian planned the stunt, and that the World Trade Centers were blown up by the US Government. She states that steel cannot be melted by fire. Excuse me, steel IS melted by fire, how does the imbecile think steel is formed?

As of this moment forward, as long as the American Broadcasting Company, by the way... Disney is the owner of ABC, keeps this creature on their network, I will NOT watch any of their networks (so long ESPN) Disney Channel and I will fight against anybody I can to bring this conglomerate to its knees. This woman has got to go!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2007, 06:16 AM
Admiral

Mehawk... let me put this as simply as possible. That woman wants to be the next Howard Stern. Don't fall for it.

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008
Old March 30th, 2007, 06:25 AM
Admiral

I'm not falling for her schtick, I just want her off my televison and out of the news... period.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old March 30th, 2007, 06:50 AM
Admiral

Millions wanted Howard to just disappear also. Instead he got millions.

Old March 30th, 2007, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Michael. I agree 100% with you. Especially as a Marine, I'm offended by her!
When I heard her take on building 7, my thoughts were exactly what you stated! Just how do you think steel is made??????
As I understand it, the ratings for her show are dropping over the last 3 months, so maybe ABC will get rid of her.

Semper Fi

Ken
Old March 30th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Here's how it works....

Before Rosie (or any other like her) runs her big mouth...

1- The topic is addressed at length in comittee, including what she is going to say. What she will say is proposed. Possible reactions by the audience are predicted and assessed.

2- This is also sometimes run in front of focus groups, whose reaction is guaged.

3- Entertainment lawyers are consulted. Network people advised.

4- The show goes on as if it was spontaneous. Millions are duped.

Old March 30th, 2007, 09:55 AM
First Mate

I can't stand her myself, but she is accomplishing exactly what she wants. She is getting people like you and I that wouldn't even think of watching the view talk about it.

That show to me is just a bunch of people arguing. I can get that for free anywhere.

Brian

Sensation
Old March 30th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

mehawk,

You tell it like it is Brother!
Old March 30th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I wrote my first e-mail last night to the network. I am afraid what her powerful force will do. Some people think that one voice doesn't make a difference, but in fact it can. She is going to stir up every less than stable person in this country, and other countries.

I would be the first person to defend her right to speak, but along with free speech comes responsibility.

I have a good friend who is Egyptian by birth, but now lives in New York. He was teasing me last night about"Wow, all the pressure has been taken off the middle East for 9/11, because Rosie says the US did it."

Look at the harm Jane Fonda did. I wish Rosie would stop her ratings getting tyrants, before someone gets hurt.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old March 30th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Admiral

I have never watched Rosie and never will watch the idiot. :evil:
Old March 30th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Admiral

Probably the best way to voice our disapproval would be to not watch her show any longer. In fact, to not give her any attention at all.

Dean
Old March 30th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Admiral

She has crossed the line from dissent to treason. She has also demonstrated that she is a candidate for the funny farm. Since I didn't see this paranoid conspiracy theory raving, was she wearing a tinfoil hat at the time?

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old March 30th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Admiral

No Doug, she ran the entire bit down in ONE sitting.

Old March 30th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Admiral

The sad part is, people will believe her. Shockingly and I REPEAT... SHOCKINGLY , my brother, who is a police officer in Louisianna, believes what that creature says. That is so scary.

Disney has a movie coming out that I wanted to see but now I shall not see it.

Old March 30th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Passenger

I have been home this week sick. Not a fun week.

I have watched each show except for Tuesday. Still not sure if today's show was a repeat. It indicate that it was not at the end of it.
But next week the show will be on vacation.

For even MSNBC to agree that the lady should be removed from the network means alot.

I love ABC, but this is where the top management does something for the month of April. The only thing that saved them was the Easter break for the show.

It appears since she is on an anti depression drug that she is taking a trip on something- On the Thursday show she said for the building 7 to come down because bombs were planted- this type of thinking means a person is on something. Sje needs to go into de-tox now. They might use that excuse...

I am shocked that the network hasn't seen her behavoir getting worse this week.

Caribbean Princess Christmas Cruise 12/07
Old March 30th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Admiral

Janmd, the bomb bit has been floating for years now, it just that she has a public platform and uses it to bring up the old stuff and make it seem new and it is, still, her personal thoughts on it.

If she was in another country that did not guarantee her RIGHT to freedom of speech, by now, she would not be in the public eye. All of these people who think this wonderful country is so wrong, go to the other countries, we won't miss you!

Old March 31st, 2007, 07:01 PM
Admiral

I totaly agree with you,She shouldn't be on the air, I stop watching
the View the day she started on it.
Old April 4th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Yeoman

Your all having a laugh, you must be. Mike amazed

So some no mark "shock jock" that is now based on TV, "says things" And you all go

By watching for their thoughts and reaction, and reacting to it....you just fell into the trap ---Ratings

Its like reacting to me or Mike, is it real, is it spin, or just "playing a game" to those presentented to you. Get a grip on reality 8)
Old April 4th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Admiral

David, the reality is, that network nor its parent company, will never see a penny from my pocket and I am spreading the love to everyone I can. True enough, one person cannot make a dent in a megaconglomeration such as Disney, but 1+1=2, 2+2=4, 4+4=8 etc.

Old April 4th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Yeoman

Sorry Mike, the reality is ratings. And if enough watch and react, they win.

Personally as Americans I do not feel for one minute that they actually believe what they spout, but like here "opinion" causes debate.

Its the ignorant ones that don't see that "game" that I feel sorry for... 8) Take it for what it is, okay it's on tv, but that "vehicle"does not make it right or wrong. Always ask in media, WHY IS THIS PERSON SAYING THIS?

Me its opinion, for others it is to get ratings and by reacting, it presents it to them on a plate.
Old April 4th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Admiral

David, I wholeheartedly agree with your assessments. It is all about ratings, the show has skyrocketed in the ratings since she came onboard. The companies don't care that she is ticking people off. They are thrilled that there are people watching the show, even if it's just to see what she can spout off about next.

I see through it and realize that some others, well, many others, will take her word as gospel and go with it. I am not falling into that. I don't watch the show anyways. I get my info about her from the Hannity and Colmes Show on Fox.

David, as always... <raising glass of cheer to you>

Old April 4th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Yeoman

Well unless it is going to cost you money, ie subscription, then always watch what they have to say, its the only way to counter opinion.

Maybe in this case they are working on the basis or opinion that a lot of people do not agree with this war and what it actually means in the big picture for you as a country....mmm

But its debate and that is never wrong, no matter how one sided you or I may feel it is.

Unfortunately the "channel" never set up the "Mike and Dave Show" to give a counter opinion to Ms Rosie, if they did, they would get the ratings they craved

Balanced discussion, its a basic, not just one side retoric.
Old April 4th, 2007, 09:23 PM
Admiral

Michael,

I'm with ya on this one, however you have one minor problem. If you're not going to patronize the businesses that advertise on Disney stations, well........

You're not going to be able to eat any longer. All the major food companies advertise on Disney.

You're not going to be able to wear clothes any longer, either. Unless you fashion yourself something from a fig leaf. Then again, some fig tree company probably advertises on Disney channels.

Anyway, point being, that it's extremely difficult to avoid all the companies that advertise on the networks. They're just too embedded.

Dean
Old April 4th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Admiral

Fellas, don't burst my bubble