Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 7th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Sea Diamond Charges

The captain, chief mate, second mate, third mate, chief cabin steward, and housekeeper of the Greek-flagged vessel were arrested after the accident, a Merchant Marine Ministry spokeswoman said earlier Saturday. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Can someone tell me why the Chief cabin steward, and the Housekeeper have anything to do with the sinking of the Sea Diamond?

Also I read, that there were complaints from passengers about, having to go down steep ladders, to waiting boats, for rescue. While I would be scared beyond belief, the alternative, is much more unpleasant!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old April 8th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Admiral

I agree with you completely, Trip!

But I suppose that some passenger's cabin didn't get cleaned thoroughly during the mayhem, and the passenger complained.

Either that, or there wasn't a mint on the pillow........

Dean
Old April 8th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Admiral

The prosecution might just be throwing a lot of things against the wall to see what sticks.

Also, the Cabin Steward might have been responsible for the lifeboat stations and that was a mess. He also might be held accountable for not checking the cabin that the two missing passengers might still be in.

The housekeeper might have had items in the corridors blocking egress.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old April 8th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

The interviews I have seen says that the housekeeper people instead of turning into organizers for evacuation, yelled, ran up and down the halls, and then were some of the first off the ship.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old April 8th, 2007, 10:12 AM
Admiral

Pretty scary stuff! Local news has been reporting about a group of Montreal High School students and staff chaperones who were onboard this cruise ship as part of a school trip to Europe. Everyone escaped safely, but I'm sure they won't ever want to cruise again!

donna
Old April 8th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Admiral

Anyone else remember the cruise where the ship was sinking and the Captain, staff and crew LEFT all the passengers on board!...

Yup...we should really take the time to look the staff in the eyes and think, 'does these guys look like someone who could shove me aside, step over my body to get in the life boat first?'
Old April 8th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

That was the Oceanos, the repeat of that show was just on tv....The Captain, was on the first life boats off the ship, I believe.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 8th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Admiral

The captain was one of the first ones on the lifebaots??!!

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old April 9th, 2007, 02:49 AM
Admiral

Yes he was one of the first off the ship. Another Greek Captain.

(see a pattern developing here?....)

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008
Old April 9th, 2007, 03:14 AM
Admiral

Considering what has been happening to Greek flagged vessels the past few decades, I shall not step foot upon a Greek flagged vessel.

Old April 9th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Admiral

BTW: Correct me if I'm wrong..but we heard he was NOT removed from service as a ships Captain.
Old April 9th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip
That was the Oceanos, the repeat of that show was just on tv....The Captain, was on the first life boats off the ship, I believe.
Is this a true story or just a movie on TV? I never heard of this ship the Oceanos.

BTW, I think the housekeeper and company was charged b/c there was an issue of not enough life vests onboard. I believe the mgrs probably had to sign off stating that there was adequate life vests before being allowed to start the cruise.

I wonder how the employees of Carnival, RCCL or NCL would react under the same situation? I would love to believe they would be upstanding examples of excellent training but I wonder

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)