CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Tuesday is here (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/331453-tuesday-here.html)

mehawk April 10th, 2007 08:46 AM

Tuesday is here

Gosh, I didn't post the good morning thread even though I was up all night, just waiting for someone else to take the honors. So... I look now and it is almost 7am local, here it is then.

Good Tuesday Morning Crusiemates and how are each of you doing? I hope that each of you have a wonderful and fruitful day. Houston will get warm and it has been raining in areas. I'll stay dry because I am in for the day.

Bye for now

VTJen April 10th, 2007 08:51 AM

Good Morning All,

The jet stream continues to let the cold air from Canada bring us unseasonal weather. It is 29 degrees, and snowing.

Not much on todays agenda - work, then out for coffee with a friend in the late afternoon.

Hope you all have a nice day,

Luanne Russo April 10th, 2007 08:58 AM

Good morning from central Texas where is it cool, but warming up. Thunder storms predicted this afternoon.

Teaching the same classes today as yesterday. Just about lost it yesterday. I can put up with a lot of things, but disrespect I have a difficult time with. Hopefully today will be much better.

Love waking up with hubby beside me. The joys we take for granted.

Everyone have a good day.

Luanne

skymaster April 10th, 2007 09:01 AM

Good morning Mates from Central Florida. Well, with only four days until our annual family reunion cruise, the first brother and his wife have arrived. Great to see them and great conversation while waiting for the others to show up.
Hope y'all have an outstanding day. :D

Ken

Phyllbo April 10th, 2007 09:18 AM

Good morning from Florida.

Michael, it's always nice to see you start the post. I hope you can get some sleep during the day after being up all night.

Ken, you lucky dog you----it's so great to have a cruise so close and to be going with family members.

Jen, one of these days Spring will come to stay. Hang in there.

Luanne, I hope the class has some class today. I know what you mean about having a short fuse when it comes to disrespect.

Have a good one all. I'm going to wait to get the call to rescue my car from the dealers service center today. Seems the "cheap, fast" oil change I got here in town caused some problems. That will be the last time I go that route.

Phyll

rollerdonna April 10th, 2007 09:20 AM

Morning All, from Montreal, where it's bright and sunny, but still holding in the minus temps. Like Jen, we also have more snow on tap for this week. Will it ever end? :roll:

Ken, I can feel your excitement! Must be fun anticipating a family reunion cruise!
Luanne, you need patience with the big ones, and I need patience with the little ones....back to work today after 4 days off, I'm not ready!
Michael, enjoy your day off...

donna

Angela Z. April 10th, 2007 09:20 AM

Good morning from Orlando where we had some nice rain yesterday and hoping for more today.
This is the last week of the regular water polo season with playoffs next week. I know I'll miss this next year..... :cry:
Angela Z.

CruisinK n J April 10th, 2007 09:47 AM

Tuesday Morning

An early good morning from Southern California. Who cares what the weather is like when gas is $3.39/gal? On Easter, one young lady biked to her mother's house. It cost $60 to fill her vehicle. It's not a truck, van, or SUV; it's a car. It cost me $40 to fill 'er up. Such madness!

Michael, sleep well.
Ken, I am jealous.
Jen, just remember that it's going to get hot and humid. You will long for these cool temps.
Luanne, you nailed it about disrespect.
Phylll, cars! A pain!
RD, back to the old grind?
Angela, lucky you, getting rain.

Keith must pay the property taxes today. :cry: I cleaned house yesterday. It was a ruse to avoid ironing. So today I actually do it. :roll:
Maybe I can get some shut-eye now.

Back at ya later.

Judy

nolou525 April 10th, 2007 09:49 AM

Good morning friends.

What a glorious day. Red Sox open up at home. Luckily it is still cold here so I can were my Red Sox garb under a sweater. The bank frowns on tee shirts. :wink:

Finalizing the plans for our trip to Florida and Disney in May. My daughter is getting exciting for her excursion to Ecuador. I have been buying things she will need for the trip and take them down with me in May.

Not much else going on.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.

mteague April 10th, 2007 09:54 AM

Good Morning All,

I can't begin to tell you of the excitement here this weekend when the sleet and snow began to fall! The kids were thrilled. Luckily we had just made it home from the Easter Vigil Mass! I think this was a record weather event for Baton Rouge.

Today promises rain and temps in the 70's!

OH....I QUIT SMOKING!

Melody

ready2gonow April 10th, 2007 10:03 AM

Good morning, Mates!

I eyes are just barely open, so not sure what kind of day I'm going to have.

Ken, I'm excited for you to be able to have your family reunion cruise. What a great way to spend time with family!
Melody, WAY TO GO! I'm proud of you!

Well, its time to get busy!

Everyone have a good day!

DougR. April 10th, 2007 10:52 AM

Good Morning all!!! Marj and I have now been to Paradise and the Promised Land, in one day no less! Both are small towns in the Poconos here in PA. This particular Promised Land would have probably caused Mrs Moses to say: "For this we wandered 40 years???? Oy!!!" LOL LOL Yesterday the girls did shop until I dropped. I am not sure of the bill but I am sure my net worth is considerably less today :shock: . The girls leave tonight and Marj and I will finish the week sightseeing.

Go Melody!!!! I quit a 3 pack a day habit in 1991. It is doable, I am rooting for you.

Everyone have a great day!!!!!

fasteddie April 10th, 2007 12:16 PM

Mornin' everybody,

It's another day here in paradise, where we still have snow flurries. Hopefully it'll warm up soon.

I still feel pretty crummy with this cold, and today I have to go to the MD's to have an ultrasound and a possible biopsy of my prostate. Ooh boy, what fun! If you have the time, say a quick prayer.

Have a great day!

Ed

mteague April 10th, 2007 12:19 PM

Good Luck Ed, we will be praying for you. I hope you hear nothing but good news!

Melody

Kuki April 10th, 2007 12:56 PM

Good Morning cruisemates!! Heavy snowfall warning that was issued for Calgary last night, but it turned into mostly rain... which was nice. Temps are only in the low 30s, but better than the 8 inches of snow they were calling for.

Ed.. hope your test results are clear and you feel better VERY soon!!

Have a busy two days coming up.. Draft for our Playoff Hockey Pool is tonight, and our Fantasy Baseball Draft is tomorrow. LOL

Friday I'm going to look at a new business. Have to start working at something again soon. :wink:

crazysis April 10th, 2007 01:14 PM

good morning fellow cruisemates! its sunny and warming up here in northern california. it was pretty warm here yesterday and it looks like its going to be warm again today. 8)
ed good luck with your test and i hope that you get a clean bill of health.
melody way to go girl! i quit smoking a few years back. it was getting to expensive and i wasnt getting any younger. figured i better quit before my health does. i just had to find my trigger points and curtail them. everytime i got in the car i lit up. also alot of people light up either after a shower, with their coffee first thing in the morning, or after they eat. it helped me to find my trigger points dont know if it will help you but its a suggestion. :D

Sunshine 365 April 10th, 2007 01:31 PM

Mornin Sunshine

I bring you greetings from Central New York where I awoke to a light coating of snow on my lawn and on my car. Can you say uuuggghhh!!

I guess life would really suck but - "I'm goin on a cruise, I'm goin on a cruise!!" in 18 days. When these lil things get me down, I go to my happy place and close my eyes and imagine myself sitting on the Lido deck with one of those fruity drinks with a straw. Can you say aaahhhh!!

[/img]