Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Admiral

I don't watch the show but I haven't heard of Elizabeth saying things such as Rosie has. For instance, Rosie has talked along being un-American, unChristian and generally being unfriendly.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old April 26th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Admiral

Mehawk:

Reporter Stephen Keilh of the Sun Reporter writes and I quote: "She doesn't conform with traditional ideas of beauty. She's a lesbian mother of four. She's blunt and fearless in a medium where it seems only men can get away with that. She picks fights with Donald Trump."

In your post, you didn't mentioned her work in: "Rosie for all Kids Foundation". All profits from one of her businesses goes to.

You didn't mentioned that The view is up 17% to 3.5 million since she got on The View and this is daytime TV.

You also forgot to mention that she adopted 4 children. That doesn't sound un-Christian to me. I've never heard any mention of her being a bad mother.

I come home most days for lunch and can catch a few minutes of The View. I therefore can talk about something I actually see and hear. On many occasions a celebrity will come in shake hands with Elizabeth and Joy and give a hug to Barbara and Rosie. That doesn't look un-friendly to me.

As being un-American, I won't touch that as it would certainly lead to politics and that is an off subject on this board.

Mehawk, I will not get into a confrontational discussion but, there are many positives about this woman. This is the second thread I've seen about Rosie and from the most part has been very negative. 3.5 million daytime viewers seem to think there's some positive.

She fights for the underdog (under priviledged children) and that to me is a positive.

In any discussions all sides should be heard, not just the negatives.

Bill
Old April 26th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Bill,
Take a good hard reality check if you please.The cons in her life outweigh the pros.
Old April 26th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Admiral

The View's Ratings climb is not because of any succinct, qualified, knowledge-based, non-partisan, un-self-serving contributions by her.
It is because the American people are drawn to a side-show...and Rosie is the headliner.
I earlier posted that Rosie is like a car wreck...gross, sad, gut-wrenching, but ya gotta look.

She obviously has self worth issues.
Old April 28th, 2007, 02:51 AM
Cruise Maniac

BW, people stop and look at a traffic accident too, that doesn't mean I want to see the blood and gore. I guess ABC has decided they've aired enough of this train wreck, since she leaving. So much for high ratings..

BTW, I am somewhat shocked to find so many conservative type people here. I am impressed, gladdened and pleasently surprised.
Disney Wonder October 2009
RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas September 2011
Disney Magic February 2012
Disney Wonder January 2014
Disney Wonder to Hawaii 2015...I hope!
Old April 28th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Admiral

thasic:

A good and honest discussion is when both side of an issue speaks the truth and not fabrications.

Associated Press reported ABC wanted Rosie to sign for 3 years, Rosie was willing to sign for one year. So, contrary to what you wrote, ABC did not decide that they've aired enough of this so-call train wreck.

ABC wanted a guarentee of 3 more years of Rosie hosting The View.

While we're at it, what exactly did she do or say that merits all this hatred? If a male TV personality did what Rosie did, would he be so condemn?

A long time ago, a wise man once said: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
Old April 28th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Admiral

BW,
AP's version of her departure is only one of a few.
The true story is only known by those who met.

There is no need to list the reasons why she has earned my wrath.
They are well known.

Playing the gender card is typical and not unexpected.
My opinion has nothing to do with her being female.

In addition to 'what' she says, it is also 'how' she says it.
Spewing venom and making faces like a child.
Old April 28th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I agree with BW that she has done some good things too. I guess I should have included the good with the bad.

My fear of Rosie is her wild ideas about how things have happened as far as her beliefs. 911 was caused by our own government. etc. I also know that many people that are famous, do wonderful things for others less fortunate, and never mention it.

My wish for Rosie is to find herself. To take her meds, continue her therapy, and continue to do good in this world. I think one thing that struck the American people is that when she had her own show, so was the known as the Queen of nice. That all changed, and it's hard to understand her now very bitter attitude.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link