Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2007, 02:38 PM
Admiral

i just try not to eat and that solves that one!!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 22nd, 2007, 03:45 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuedad
Hey Ms Bj I took the ride from longboat key to bradenton beach once. Could not believe what a drastic change from one town to the next and it steadily got worse as you went from one end to the other. Longboat key is like top of the line and as you drive it slowly changes into a ghetto. Unfortunatly the only thing I could afford at the time was staying there. The inside of the motel room wall were actually painted cinderblock. My doctor BIL was staying in Longboat on the ocean. I told them our room looked like a jail cell. unbelievable.
There are a lot of apts like that in Bradenton; when I first moved from my mom's house I lived in one that had painted cinderblocks on the inside; didn't stay there too long; I hated the place it was right of US41 and even back then it was a haven for those working the oldest occupation in the history of mankind. I just noticed that Bradenton has definetly changed even more and it doesn't appear to be for the better; even more run down.

Counting calories YIKES, my breakfast was a good ole southern meal - biscuitsngravy; eggs, bacon, breakfast taters, yummm.
but that was at 10:00 am - will hold out for dinner until late to make up for being BAD.
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old April 22nd, 2007, 04:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

what did i miss?? well my guess is that if something got removed it may have been considered a personal attack. seems that some folks take things very personal, but i have never seen it here. i have had comments like DUH! tossed my way that put me in attack mode elsewhere, but believe it or not i can behave in public. never felt the need to hold back in here, for some strange reason insane people just get along i think the staff here does a great job keeping things running smooth
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old April 22nd, 2007, 04:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuedad
Hey Ms Bj I took the ride from longboat key to bradenton beach once. Could not believe what a drastic change from one town to the next and it steadily got worse as you went from one end to the other. Longboat key is like top of the line and as you drive it slowly changes into a ghetto. Unfortunatly the only thing I could afford at the time was staying there. The inside of the motel room wall were actually painted cinderblock. My doctor BIL was staying in Longboat on the ocean. I told them our room looked like a jail cell. unbelievable.
sounds to me like they put you right where you belong!!!
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old April 22nd, 2007, 04:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'msblackjack"
Counting calories YIKES, my breakfast was a good ole southern meal - biscuitsngravy; eggs, bacon, breakfast taters, yummm.
but that was at 10:00 am - will hold out for dinner until late to make up for being BAD.
Martha,,
Now that's my kind of brealfast!
Old April 22nd, 2007, 04:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Walter,
Good Afternoon!
Old April 22nd, 2007, 04:40 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'msblackjack"
Martha,,
Now that's my kind of brealfast!
Biscuits n gravy with hash browns was the closest I could come. 1584 calories and 99 Fat Grams. Don't worry about it because you are tall. Us short people, I'm 5.1, eat anything and it packs in the middle. I'm up to 840 calories and 42 fat grams just from breakfast and coffee. stupid non fat latte is still 160 calories. No lunch for me and I have to hit the gym one last time before trial period expires. We got up early today and got the Wii that is a fun video game.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old April 22nd, 2007, 04:53 PM
Admiral

hey kat i got your message. rub it in!! at least for joshua!!! i still have to go to the gym too so let me know when you go so that i can go with you.

Old April 22nd, 2007, 05:16 PM
Admiral

hiya James... get everything done before the boss got home??
Old April 22nd, 2007, 05:25 PM
Admiral

Walter,
Everything was shipshape by the time she arrived! She was happy to see the house was in order and how I had used the woodchips to do some landscaping and erosion control!
Old April 22nd, 2007, 05:31 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Walter,
Everything was shipshape by the time she arrived! She was happy to see the house was in order and how I had used the woodchips to do some landscaping and erosion control!
well then tell her that I said you deserve a cruise
Old April 22nd, 2007, 05:34 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfhawk60
Quote:
Walter,
well then tell her that I said you deserve a cruise
Walter,
I did that,we are looking at the Big Boots cruise on the Conquest.I'm gonna tell her you said so!
Old April 22nd, 2007, 05:41 PM
Admiral

James, Sweetie, my vote DEFINITELY goes toward you two joining in on the Big Boots cruise! That really is a great deal! All of us can't be wrong.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old April 22nd, 2007, 05:45 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2gonow
James, Sweetie, my vote DEFINITELY goes toward you two joining in on the Big Boots cruise! That really is a great deal! All of us can't be wrong.

Ready,
I'm keeping my fingers crossed,she has had a family thingy going on at that time,so I may cruise alone.Think I told you about that?
Old April 22nd, 2007, 05:56 PM
Admiral

I remember you mentioning that. I think she should forego family and join this "family" for that trip! I don't think I could ever convince my DH to let me cruise alone. I'm good, but I don't think I'm THAT good.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old April 22nd, 2007, 06:00 PM
Admiral

Quote:
I remember you mentioning that. I think she should forego family and join this "family" for that trip! I don't think I could ever convince my DH to let me cruise alone. I'm good, but I don't think I'm THAT good.
I think she should agree to my way of thinking also!
Old April 22nd, 2007, 06:03 PM
Admiral

Do you want me to talk to her? I'm sure that would help! HAHAHAHA
Mariner of the Seas

Old April 22nd, 2007, 06:13 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Do you want me to talk to her? I'm sure that would help! HAHAHAHA
I'm sure it would!
Old April 22nd, 2007, 06:23 PM
Admiral

"Lurker Pop-in"

Hi James,and Darlene

Hey Csis,Kat,and Melody....talk to you all tonight

going over to chili's now,but I willlllll beeee backkkkkkk

Hey PoolBoy I will TRY! to keep it PG-13+

Bye for now
Old April 22nd, 2007, 06:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

Hey All,

I'm at work again.....since 7 am. When I left the house at 6 DD was not home yet! So I'm assuming she had a great time. I know she is alive and well because in our small town, bad news travels fast. But really, she told me she was going to spend the night out and she said she had to be at work at 10 this morning. I think that is about all I need to know. If she hasn't learned by age 18, there is basically no hope!

Pics will be posted when my digital camera arrives home!

Melody
Old April 22nd, 2007, 07:25 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will
"Lurker Pop-in"

Hi James,and Darlene

Bye for now
Howdy Will!
Old April 22nd, 2007, 07:40 PM
Admiral

Will,

Have a Presidente Margarita for me, will ya?

Melody
Old April 22nd, 2007, 07:49 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstill
Hey All,

I'm at work again.....since 7 am. When I left the house at 6 DD was not home yet! So I'm assuming she had a great time. I know she is alive and well because in our small town, bad news travels fast. But really, she told me she was going to spend the night out and she said she had to be at work at 10 this morning. I think that is about all I need to know. If she hasn't learned by age 18, there is basically no hope!

Pics will be posted when my digital camera arrives home!

Melody
I love prom pictures. Cause I love checking out the hair and the makeup to see if there is something cool I want to try. Crazysis has nautral curly hair so it's fun trying updos on her hair cause it is easy.

Big Mama and Crazysis have it made on 3CCCs cause they are bring their personal hairdresser along. I got my license in 1987 and these 80s haircuts are something else. I once shaved the batman sign in the side of someone's hair I lived in the bay area for the 89 world series. Oakland As against the San Francisco Giants. This kid came into the shop and I did the As sign on one side of his head and the Giants sign on the other. It looked good.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old April 22nd, 2007, 09:36 PM
Admiral

That's Kool Kat....I always have to pay the bucks for hair cuts, color, etc. And I have SIL's who are hairdressers.....the drive to New Orleans for a haircut just isn't worth the freebie!

Melody
Old April 22nd, 2007, 11:21 PM
Admiral

10:21 pm, Central Daylight Savings Time... Michael is here.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old April 22nd, 2007, 11:30 PM
Admiral

hi everyone!!

Old April 22nd, 2007, 11:53 PM
Admiral

hey kat i posted a pic of my tat. its in the same place as the other pics. check it out and tell me what you think!

Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:29 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will
"Lurker Pop-in"

Hi James,and Darlene

Bye for now
where are you now Will? and yes we have to behave ourselves totally!!!

Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:30 AM
Admiral

is anyone still up? i will behave myself promise!! 8)

Old April 23rd, 2007, 01:55 AM
Admiral

I am still here, just very busy tonight...

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Closed Thread