Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:05 AM
Admiral

Default Monday Early Risers

It's 12:04 am and I'm still up. Just wanted to be the first to wish Trip good luck today, and remember, I am thinking about you. Hang in there girl!

donna
Old April 23rd, 2007, 04:13 AM
Admiral

its 115am over here in good ole california and i am still up too. thinking about hitting the hay though. after all theres work tomorrow!! hope everyone has a wonderful day even if it is monday!!! just smile and be happy!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 23rd, 2007, 05:05 AM
Admiral

I just got off from work, signed on to see what was happening and saw this. Happy Monday and good morning cruisemates.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 06:43 AM
Admiral

Good Morning all!!! The end of the first week of Doug held hostage in NYC!! "Negotiations" for my release and transfer to Philly are taking place with my current boss talking months and the future boss in Philly talking days. I will let this play out for a few more days and will then start trotting out the weapons I have starting with the union.

Marj turned ** this weekend and we had a dinner with her daughters and asssorted spouses and boyfriends.

It was a beautiful weekend and Marj had me out toiling endlessly hauling mulch as she planted roses and other assorted flora.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Bushkill Falls, Pa

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old April 23rd, 2007, 06:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
I am up and feel like a limp dishrag, Thanks Rd, for the kind words. When this is all over, I am going to eat someones face off, that's how hungry I am sure I will be. Ya gotta do it though

Going to be around 80- 85, here, wish I was planning a day at the beach!

Make it a good one .

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 23rd, 2007, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Another nice day is on tap here in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont.
It has been lovely. I have taken a walk every day - and spent some time reading on my deck - to absorb some vitamin d that I'm so deficient in.

Trying to figure out how to get everything done today - have to realize, some stuff just isn't gonna make the list. I have to babysit a 2 year old while my friend goes to get an mri. So that will be a big block of time gone from the middle of my day. I thinking of walking to her house and back to ensure I get my walk in -course it will be over 4 miles round trip.

Trip - i was doing what you are doing a few months ago - I feel your misery.
Kuki - sorry to read your son is in the hospital, missed the original post on that I guess. Hope he is out soon.
ML - hope you have an extremely stress free week this week at work. And that the training with Ripley went well
RD - sounds like you had a great weekend!
Doug - hope they can agree on a reasonable timetable for your transfe.

Hope you all have a great day - guess I gotta get going
Old April 23rd, 2007, 08:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Central Texas where it is suppose to start storming soon. TV says today, and the radio says tomorrow. :evil:

Working today for a seventh grade teacher.

Best wishes to trip, and to all of you.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old April 23rd, 2007, 08:09 AM
Admiral

Good morning "Mates".

Our first day back to reality after 8 days on the beautiful Carnival "Liberty". She really is a beautiful ship. We had a family reunion aboard, and also sailed with 60 friends from here in Lakeland. It was, in a word, Wonderful. Now it's back to work and looking forward to another family cruise aboard the "Insperation".
Got to run, but hope y'all have a great day!

Ken
Old April 23rd, 2007, 08:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Good Morning!

Another beautiful day in Ohio...love the sunshine!
Hope you all...

Old April 23rd, 2007, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

Good Morning All!

The Texans are supposed to be sending the rain this way when they are finished with it! It looks like they've already had enough because it's clouding up in Baton Rouge! I am delighted to report that I will be spending my morning in DISASTER TRAINING.........AGAIN! I'm not sure, but I think they believe we have retention and comprehension disabilities!

After that, I'm off to complete an audit in TOWN for a change! This afternoon I get to pick up the darling grandchildren from school and bring them to my house! Sounds like a trip to McDonalds will be on the agenda! SIL will pick them up when he gets off of work. DD is working till 7 at the hospital. This will be the daily routine M-Th for a while. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to score some SIDEWALK ART this week!

Melody
Old April 23rd, 2007, 08:55 AM
Admiral

Good Morning again from me. A week ago we had a major snowstorm, today it is like summer with a predicted high of 25C (77F!) Had to dig out some summer clothes yesterday, turtle necks and polar fleece just don't cut it anymore! I look forward to not having to dress 20 kids at work just to go out and play!

Trip, I know that limp dishrag feeling. Treat yourself to a nice lunch when it's all over!
Ken, glad to hear you, family and friends had a wonderful time on Liberty. Did you sing?
Jen, I got to sit out on the patio and read in the sunshine yesterday too. Doesn't it feel great after a long winter?
Doug, good luck with that transfer.

donna
Old April 23rd, 2007, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny Florida. I've been out for breakfast with my brother and now I'm going to get ready to go over to Curves and try to get my workout in before I pick up the ladies and join him for lunch.

Trip, glad to hear you are still keeping up your good spirits. Enjoy a wonderful meal after all of this is over with. You've been in my thoughts a lot, and I'll be glad when all of this is "behind" you. :-)

Doug, thanks for the picture. Just beautiful!

RD, Emma looks just marvelous in her new spring attire.

Have a good one everybody.

Phyll
Old April 23rd, 2007, 09:17 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates!

Trip, I woke up thinking about you this morning. I hope everything came out O.K.

Not much going on for me today. I have got to do some paperwork that I have been postponing for several days. yuck!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old April 23rd, 2007, 09:33 AM
Admiral

Good morning from very sunny Florida I just woke up a little while ago because my next door neighbor rang my bell. Not sure what he wanted as I opened the door he told me he will be back I guess I looked sleepy

Today my dh review is and we might find out about our plans about Kenya. We don't have the days we need to go so today will be a big day for us. We already know we can't go for 3 1/2 weeks but we are shooting for 2 weeks. If we can't go we will go next year but I would be so disappointed about it. We will see!

Had a busy weekend and now I am resting up.

RD the dog is a beauty thats for sure. Does she shed a lot?

Trip have a good lunch today..hang in there..

Be blessed and have a good day mates!
Old April 23rd, 2007, 10:50 AM
First Mate

Good Late morning,

Enjoying a beautiful day in NH...but I will be indoors cleaning. It is school vacation week and cleaning is on my schedule. Have a grat day all.

Carnival Miracle
Old April 23rd, 2007, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Default Monday Early Risers

Good morning frm Southern California. Looks like we had another shower over night. A dry week coming, though. Spring is here!

Trip, good luck on your test today. Keith also looked forward to a nice lunch after the exam. Because of the medication they gave him, he had to go home and go to bed instead.
RD, I love the pic of Emma. Sunday, I met a golden retriever in her red bandana.
Doug, hope the transfer complications are worked out.

Keith got off the "fitness band wagon" last week for various reasons, so today it's back the routine. My routine will include ironing.

Everybody have a nice day.

Judy
Old April 23rd, 2007, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Just got home and had fried eggs and toast..Said I had diverticulosis, and see you in 10 years...yipee, Thanks for all you rgood wishes xxoxxoooxo

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 23rd, 2007, 11:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sun is shining in Calgary, but temps still struggling to hit high 50s. May see mid 6os F by tomorrow.

Kuki Jr. is home, and feeling much better. Now have to get him back into routine. He missed a couple of final exams at college, so he has to run over to see the registrar to find out if he can reschedule.

Lots to do today, and no idea where to start..... going to be one of those weeks.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:37 PM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........still morning here......it's Monday........so y'all know what that means........

Trip......glad to hear all is well!!!!! enjoy lots of food!!!!

Counting the days till May 5th........

Y'all have a good Monday........

Sharon
Old April 23rd, 2007, 12:58 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning:

Kuki: I'm glad to hear Kuki Jr. is back home and doing better. I hope that the "College Catch Up" goes well. That is the downside of being ill. All the work afterward.

Trip: I'm glad you are eating and had a fairly good report. The diverticulosis can't be too bad if you don't need to go back for 10 years. Just stay away from the strawberries and other tiny seeds and you'll be fine! Enjoy your daily Metamucil.

I'm doing daycare now. My granddaughter is playing on one of the desktop computers and is under strict orders to let me know when the alarm sounds. If you can't trust a five year old to alert you when a stock warning goes off, who can you trust?

I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me