Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old May 1st, 2007, 09:42 AM
AR AR is offline
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,472
Default Made it to 100

A small milestone (or is it millstone?): updating my records after returning from a cruise Saturday, I notice that we've hit the 100 port mark. That's 100 unduplicated ports (some, of course, have had multiple visits). They break down this way:

Europe: 37
USA: 26
Caribbean: 15
Mexico: 7
Canada: 5
Central America: 5
Atlantic: 4
Africa: 1

Still have to get to South America and Australia by sea. And more of Africa.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old May 1st, 2007, 09:48 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: MONTREAL
Posts: 1,985
Default

very nice.I have no idea how many I have done. I have never been to Europe Yet.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old May 1st, 2007, 10:00 AM
katlady's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On the lido deck with drink of the day
Posts: 12,911
Default

Congrats which was you favorite? I got a long way to go to catch up with you. Here are mine:
North America 5
Canada 2
Mexico 4 soon to be 5
Total 11 soon to be 12 my 3 cccs cruise should help. I need to book some more cruises.
__________________
One part age; three parts liquor!

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old May 1st, 2007, 10:02 AM
ready2gonow's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,837
Default

WOW! That is quite a milestone and definitely not a millstone! Do you have your next cruise planned?
__________________
Darlene
Mariner of the Seas
Carnival Magic Bloggers Cruise 5
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old May 1st, 2007, 10:57 AM
AR AR is offline
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2gonow
WOW! That is quite a milestone and definitely not a millstone! Do you have your next cruise planned?
Yes, this fall we'll be flying over to visit some very dear friends in the south of France. Afterward we'll run down to Barcelona and spend a few days on a return visit to a great city, then cruise back across on Oceania.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old May 1st, 2007, 11:14 AM
AR AR is offline
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
Congrats which was you favorite?
Really impossible to pick a favorite.

St. Petersburg was memorable because we had visited back in 1974 under Communism when it was Leningrad, and it was remarkable to see the differences.

Bermuda is always fun, because we honeymooned there.

Somehow, sailing into England is great, because we love the country so much, and we always stay for awhile after cruising in there.

We also love Barcelona, Lisbon, Maui, Dubrovnik, and of course, the one and only Venice.

This last cruise was our first from Galveston--had never been there before, and found it absolutely delightful. We also got to visit some of the Texas hill country, San Antionio, and Austin. Fun. Did you know that on an average weekend night in Austin there are over 100 bands playing? We were there on a weeknight, but with the help of a new friend we got to the Continental Club to hear Toni Price, had a great dinner, then heard a couple cover bands as we hoofed it around to various clubs. A fun start to our pre-cruise antics.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old May 1st, 2007, 11:19 AM
ready2gonow's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR
Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
Congrats which was you favorite?
Really impossible to pick a favorite.

St. Petersburg was memorable because we had visited back in 1974 under Communism when it was Leningrad, and it was remarkable to see the differences.

Bermuda is always fun, because we honeymooned there.

Somehow, sailing into England is great, because we love the country so much, and we always stay for awhile after cruising in there.

We also love Barcelona, Lisbon, Maui, Dubrovnik, and of course, the one and only Venice.

This last cruise was our first from Galveston--had never been there before, and found it absolutely delightful. We also got to visit some of the Texas hill country, San Antionio, and Austin. Fun. Did you know that on an average weekend night in Austin there are over 100 bands playing? We were there on a weeknight, but with the help of a new friend we got to the Continental Club to hear Toni Price, had a great dinner, then heard a couple cover bands as we hoofed it around to various clubs. A fun start to our pre-cruise antics.
I didn't realize that you sailed out of Galveston this last time! I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy Galveston and the hill country. Austin truly is a gem in Texas, with all the music that is available. And I'm REALLY glad that you got to see Toni Price! She puts on quite a show. Next time you are in the area, let me know, I would love to meet you and visit a little. We are just south of Houston and NW of Galveston.
__________________
Darlene
Mariner of the Seas
Carnival Magic Bloggers Cruise 5
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old May 1st, 2007, 10:51 PM
mehawk's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Houston aka Space City, Texas, USA
Posts: 9,687
Default

Good going AR
__________________
Michael

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old May 2nd, 2007, 02:24 AM
Marc's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 3,612
Default Re: Made it to 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR
Still have to get to South America and Australia by sea. And more of Africa.
What about Asia? Cruising is a wonderful way to see Asia.

Congrats on your first 100 and may your second hundred come quickly.

We are counting countries visited using the Travelers Century Club list (some geographically separated portions of countries count separately). I am up to 75 and hope to cross my first 100 before retirement.
__________________
Marc

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old May 2nd, 2007, 10:33 AM
AR AR is offline
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,472
Default

Yep, I should have included Asia. On land visits we've only been to Japan, China and Hong Kong (I still like to remember it as a separate country--and it was when we were there). Doing some of the others by sea would be great.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old May 12th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Senior Member
Yeoman
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Virginia Beach, Va.
Posts: 543
Default Re: Made it to 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR
A small milestone (or is it millstone?): updating my records after returning from a cruise Saturday, I notice that we've hit the 100 port mark. That's 100 unduplicated ports (some, of course, have had multiple visits). They break down this way:

Europe: 37
USA: 26
Caribbean: 15
Mexico: 7
Canada: 5
Central America: 5
Atlantic: 4
Africa: 1

Still have to get to South America and Australia by sea. And more of Africa.
Man, that is some serious sailing, Congratulations! 8)
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old May 12th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Phyllbo's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 6,502
Default

That sounds wonderful AR. Congratulations. I really admire people that have a love of adventure and travel. I didn't inherit any of those genes so I'm always impressed by those of you who love it so.

Phyll
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
100.00 DOLLARS earl Cruise Jokes & Trivia - Just For Laughs 5 October 31st, 2007 10:00 AM
When I'm 100...... ms_Kalamity Cruise Jokes & Trivia - Just For Laughs 3 August 16th, 2007 03:06 PM
100 Days... DanPolulak Teen Cruisers 2 July 28th, 2004 11:25 AM
100 years LoVaBLeLaur05 Teen Cruisers 5 March 24th, 2004 10:37 PM
SINGLES 20 - 100 JJ Seeking Cruise Companion 5 September 8th, 2003 03:55 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:33 AM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1