Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2007, 07:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.
Default Good Friday Morning!

Good morning from Orlando. So glad it's finally Friday!
Jimmy brought home his cap and gown the other day....sigh....He wants to wear his Speedo from the water polo team under it and remove the gown after he gets his diploma.....yeah....don't think that'll be happening! Would be funny though....
Have a great day all!
Angela Z.
Old May 4th, 2007, 08:09 AM
First Mate

Good morning Cruisemates.

Yes, TGIF.....and it's sure to be a sunny weekend here in Toronto. Guess that means yard work, and getting the back patio is shape.

Have a good day all, and an even better weekend.

(Angela...that would be a hoot if you son wore is Speedo under the gown)
Old May 4th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

The sun is shining and the temps have risen to 31 degrees.

Well, yesterday was not all I thought it would be. Ended up being at the church office much longer than I planned. I seem to be in the middle of helping a friend thru a crisis and ended up hours on the phone with her and then others trying to get a network in place for her. Hopefully we can get her thru this difficult time. Then had two other friends sick so needed to check on them, have to help one of them out today. So - tho' I got everything done at the office, buy time I got home, I was exhausted and got nothing done her. Plus the phone kept ringing. Why is it that weeks go by and no one needs your attention then all at once it is like everyone needs it all at once? Wish there was a way to schedule peoples upsets.

Started watching my neighbors dog last nite. So far he is still eating. He gets depressed when they are gone and won't eat - but he ate last night and a litttle this morning - so that makes me happy.

After I get down helping out my friend this morning I hope to finally get some stuff caught up here. Son will be home tomorrow - so I have to do some of it if I feel like it or not.

Scratched my eye yesterday and it is quite sore. Trying to figure out if it will heal or if I need to see the eye doctor, for some eye drops.

Well - best get a move on to jump start some of my chores before I head out

Hope you all have a great start to the weekend.
Old May 4th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, sunny again but still cool. Warms up in the afternoon though, and looks like a nice weekend.
I'm off to work early again today, subbing for another teacher before my own shift. Then tonight we are going out for a staff dinner, which will really be a bridal shower for a co-worker. Should be fun, but it will make a very long day...

Angela, I think Jimmy should do it! There needs to be more fun in this world.
Besides, what could they do to him - suspend him? School's over!

donna
Old May 4th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Admiral

Default Good Friday Morning

Good morning from Southern California. Off to the airport in a bit to fly to Minneapolis. Have a good day, all! We'll have lunch with Mike on Monday and will say hi from all of you!

Judy
Old May 4th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny Florida Have not been here for a while. VTJEN I wish I was like that dog, I eat when I am depressed Supposed to be 90 today, we will see. Have bible group tonight so I have to get ready for that. We skipped last week.

Have a good friday mates!
Old May 4th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Morning all,,

TGIF if right,,,wow have I had a busy week. Played hooky on Monday and paid for it all week. Still haven't caught up on the work.

It's a cloudy overcast day here on the east coast of Va.

The Queen of England is in town. She is here for the 400th anniversary of founding of Jamestown. They showed her on local news last night riding down Duke of Gloucester St. in Williamsburg in an open carriage.

Donna I thought of you,,,she was dressed in a purple suit with pink trim. She had on a gorgeous hat to match.

Her hubby Prince Phillip is going to visit Norfolk and our new just finished cruise terminal today. Royal Carib just signed contract to sail out of here. Along with Hal.

Hope eveyone has a great Friday and upcoming weekend,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old May 4th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Good Morning all!!! It is Friday and my day off so Marj obligingly filled in my blissfully empty calendar with a multitude of tasks. The dear lady does not want me to get bored.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Newport, Rhode Island

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old May 4th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A busy day for me..A trip to the Dr..I called to verify my apppt,andthey told me it was canceled...That started my day!

Tonight, I am involved in a fashion show my store is putting on. We are invited for dinner, and then we dress the women backstage. OY OY!

The nice thing is all the models are wearing my jewelry designs, so I can see them with a different perspective.

The bad thing is driving this distance on rte.128 at night..Wish me luck!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 4th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody

The sun is shining, my lawn is mown (with my new mower, no less) and I'm ready for the weekend. I've got to get up early tomorrow morning to go turkey hunting, so I'll be dragging my tail the rest of the day.

Some contractors are pouring concrete near where we were working, so we are waiting 'till they get out of the way. We are good at waiting!

Have a great day and a fabulous weekend!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old May 4th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning everyone from Central Texas where it is over cast, and warm.

I can't believe it is Friday. This week sure flew by.

Staying at home today. Will begin a new temp job on Monday that will last until the end of school.

Angela, My son Joe is also graduating, and I have been in fear of what he might do on that night. With his comic-acting brain, who knows.

Everyone have a good day!!

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 4th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I had a nice day yesterday. I had lunch with 100+ elementary school kids. It was Kindergarten Roundup and my granddaughter wanted grandpa and Mom to be there with her. (Dad had to stay with little brother and handle the business) We had a tour of the school, visited her classroom, met her teacher, for next year and then had lunch. It was a good time except grandpa may have asked too many questions. Hey, when they say: "Does anyone have any question?" You're supposed ask them, right?

Today will be a cleaning day and just taking care of some stuff.

I hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 4th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Mates!

Going to be a busy day here, with this and that. Gearing up a week's vacation in the RV! We're going to the reeeeeeever! We are heading to the Guadelupe River, just outside the town of New Braunfels. It is a wonderful area to vacation.

Angela and Luanne, I have to smile at your concerns. When my DS graduated high school, after getting his diploma, he did a 'double clutch' back to his seat, imitation of ZZ Top. At his college graduation, when everyone else walked down the steps into the auditorium, he slid down the bannister! He is unique! Have fun!

Doug, love your picture...... ahhhhh

Travelnut, tell the Queen I said hi!

Everyone have a great day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old May 4th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Admiral

Good morning friends. What a beautiful day here in Massachusetts.

All packed and ready to go to Tampa. I'm so excited about seeing my kids, I can hardly work. Luckily we are very busy so the day SHOULD go quickly. I'm outta here at 3:30 (instead of 4:00--nice boss). I'll drive to Watertown, pick up Tony and head to Logan.

Hope everyone has a great and safe weekend. Talk to you next Thursday.
Old May 4th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Admiral

Good morning everybody, the weekend coming!!
Old May 4th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from sunny hot Florida.

I was at the picnic in the park with the Head Start kids all morning. We had fun, but boy was it hot! I brought my little spritzer bottle with a fan on it, and the kids had a ball spraying everyone and keeping us kind of cool.

Trip, I hope you got to see the doctor today. I can't imagine just having your appointment canceled like that.

Take care everyone. Sounds like lots of fun things going on.

Phyll