Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Admiral

Default Good Wednesday Morning!

Happy "Hump Day". We are finally getting a little of the much needed rain here in the "Burgh". Gary is having his surgery this afternoon to remove the kidney stone, so I am only at work until 10 a.m.
I hope you all have a good day.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2007, 06:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Mary Lou, will keep good thoughts for Gary for an easy time of things.
We're having clearer air here now and may get some rain today which would be a big help.
Angela Z.
Old May 16th, 2007, 07:11 AM
First Mate

Good morning early risers, and those to follow.

ML...good luck today.
Angela...come up to Toronto, we're expecting lots of rain.

Yes, its mid week but I feel like its been an eternity. There just aren't enough hours in the day to get things done, well they'll just have to get done when they get done.

Have a good day everyone.
Old May 16th, 2007, 07:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning friends. Rain is due here in Massachusetts also.

Marylou---my best wishes to Gary on his surgery. Keep us posted on his outcome. Are they doing laser surgery or going in to remove it?

My son has his CT Scan tomorrow on his kidney stone or lack of. He thinks he passed it over the weekend so please prayer that he did. If it is still there, he will then need surgery. I have already advised him to come to have the surgery instead of in Tampa.

My daughter left for the rainforest yesterday. Not sure if she will be able to communicate with us while she is there. What a long week until next Tuesday this will be.

Not much else on the menu for today except work. DH and I have a convention this weekend in Sturbridge, MA. Should be fun.

Angela--glad to hear the air is clearing

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old May 16th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Admiral

My very best to Gary on his surgery. Been there, done that. Nolou, I hope your son DID pass his stone.
Just another day here in Central Florida. Please send some of that rain down here,,,I'm getting tired of watering these azaleas. Off to work now.

Later,

Ken
Old May 16th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it is also raining! The grass in our backyard will be a foot high before it dries up enough to cut it!

Cheryl, I went to the rainforest too yesterday! Actually, I went to Montreal's Biodome (as VTJen correctly guessed), and not only did I see the vegetation and wildlife of the South American rainforest, I also visited Antarctica and all the little "Happy Feet" who reside there, and the St. Lawrence Valley and all the creatures who live here. It was quite a fun and interesting fieldtrip!
The best line that made my day, was when one of my 4 yr olds spotted a Macaroni Penguin (the ones with the bright shock of yellow-orange "hair" sprouting from their heads), and she shouted "Look! I see a GIRL penguin!"

donna
Old May 16th, 2007, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Another grey, gloomy day. But, my oh my - how the grass is growing! My lawn will be a jungle when the rains stop.

Gary - hoping your surgery goes well and you'll be pain free soon!
Cheryl - hoping your son has turned the corner and that stone is indeed gone. Please keep my friends daughter in your prayers, looks like she is facing kidney stones right now as well and she is having a very hard time with it

Not much new here. Just trying to catch up. No interest in doing it tho. I need a good dose of motivation.

Hope you have a great day,
Old May 16th, 2007, 09:05 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Mary Lou: What the heck? I didn't know about Gary. He'll be in my thoughts today and I REALLY hope all goes well. It must be in the bad spot. Betty also gives her love.

We've been very busy doing stuff around the house. I've been feeling pretty good and it's "nice" to be doing things.

I'm off to Chicago on, Saturday evening, for a Monday checkup with the neurologist at Northwestern. It's just a couple of tests and we'll be home on Monday night. We'll enjoy the city for a day. We'll probably just hang around downtown and have pizza. We've done most of the tourist stuff.

My brother from Texas is coming in on Memorial Day weekend. My other brother and I have decided that we're going to do a "Road Trip" weekend. All three of us will hit the road on Friday and end up at my place on Tuesday. Where we go in between is anyone's guess. It will be fun. We have money and a tent, what else do you need? It will be some nice brother bonding.

Well, I have door sanding to do, so I hope everyone has a great day.

Gary and Mary Lou: I'm sending the best to Pittsburgh!!!

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 16th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Good morning from swfl....prayers are out for Gary!

Not much happening here which is a good thing. I have to put some pictures on a laptop today. Tonight the laptop is going to our Pastor and tomorrow the computer is going to Uganda. Its a gift for one of the Pastors we know there. We had met him in Kenya last year. I am kind of hoping he and his wife can come up and visit here one time. We will see.

Have a blessed day mates.....
Old May 16th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Admiral

good morning everyone. hope you all have a nice day!
Old May 16th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good morning!

We've had some rain and its cooler out today. Toady is going to be crazy at work. I'm still learning my new job...you know how that goes.

Have a great day!

Deni
Old May 16th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Default Good Wednesday Morning

Good morning from an overcast Southern California . . . May Gray all week leading into June Gloom.

We spend a nice afternoon yesterday touring the Pasadena Showcase House. It overlooks Descanso Gardens. That is famous for its camilias. The house has 22 rooms which were done in the Hollywood Regency style.

Gym day for Keith and ironing for me.

HAve a good day!

Judy
Old May 16th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

I'm on my lunch break from the classes we are taking here at work. It's all basic stuff I saw in college 15 years ago, so it's a little boring trying to stay focused (stay awake )

It's starting to rain pretty hard out today. We need the rain, so I'm not complaining.

ML: Sending out a prayer for Gary today. Hope he gets rid of the pain in the kidney.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old May 16th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon all.

ML, I just saw your post. I wanted to let you know that I'm keeping him in my prayers. Hope it is all over now, and that he is doing well.

Not much going on here. Just starting to get ready for the move up North for the summer.

Phyll