Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 25th, 2007, 03:22 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks
Default Morning! Anyone care for a coffee?

Looks like rain this morning after a week of beautiful weather. Severe thunderstorms are forecasted for all of Germany but our little corner is just supposed to get showers. Hope that is the case...have a ton of errands to run today and don´t feel like dashing between lightening bolts.

Well, my friend and I are making progress for our trip in January. Flights are booked and now we´ve narrowed down our cruise choices to either the Carnival Glory or RCCL Mariner both western Caribbean, 1/26or27 out of Port Canaveral. Seemed sensible time wise as we can then avoid getting to Miami. We´ve only got two weeks!

After a bit of research I was able to find a couple of US internet sites that will let me book from Germany. That makes a difference of 200 to 300 Euros per person. That´s 270-400$!!! Our documents will even be shipped to us via UPS. A little research can go a long way!

Any thoughts on the two cruises mentioned above? I´m leaning towards the Mariner... My friend doesn´t care and has left the decision up to me, the best decision maker in the world .

Well, my coffee break is over. Time to tackle those errands I mentioned.

Hope you all have a great day!
karen
Sponsored Links
Old May 25th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny fl....busy busy busy few days ahead. I don't think I be here again until tuesday.

Karen I remember you faintly. You had 2 different names, gotten a divorce <or close to it> went to the states to go on a cruise and always posted the long good morning threads due to the time difference. You also fell off the stairs and broke an arm.

Have a wonderful blessed day mates!
Old May 25th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Morning,

Last day at work. Feel about 90 this morning.

Joe graduates tonight.

So proud of him.

Love you guys,

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 25th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good morning Sue, Karen and all to follow.

Nice day and weekend planned.
Don't forget to honor our vets this weekend.
I'm putting up our flag and going to BBQ at the vets park.
Monday is a holiday here in the US. No bakning, mail, city services.
This makes for a nice 3 day weekend.
Have a good one...
Carole 8)
Old May 25th, 2007, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Good morning friends. Looks like it's going to be a HOT day here in Massachusetts.

We had a wonderful time with my daughter and her boyfriend last night at dinner. He made it back from his college in New York just as we were getting ready to go to the restaurant.

Since it was a bit late when we got home, we didn't get a chance to look at her pictures yet. Hopefully, we will do them this weekend and I will post some in the gallery.

Watched the finale of LOST last night that we recorded. Now I'm more confused and "lost" than before.

Looking forward to the long weekend. My parents and my brother are coming over Saturday afternoon for a cookout. HOPEFULLY, we will start putting the new floor in the kitchen this weekend too. This is one of the last steps to completing the kitchen renovations.

Hope everyone has a gret and safe Memorial Day weekend.
Old May 25th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

It is sunny and warm already. I'm loving it. Yesterday's weather was perfect - in the 80's. Today will be warmer. I got my flowerbeds all weeded and now I have to pull out my planters and go in search of plants for those, and hanging baskets for my hooks, get my hummingbird feeders out - and other garden jewlery...if I can get a good start on my paperwork.

Will be grilling tonight. We will have our son to ourself tonight as his gf will be out of town celebrating her 21st b'day with her older sister. I'm sure he will hang out w his band buddies later, but we have barely seen him without her since he got home. DH has today off, and the gf will be coming over this afternoon while son is at work, so we will celebrate her birthday with her.

Sue - hope your daughter is healing over her heartbreak earlier this week - we have walked this road with our dd many times before.
Karen - sounds like your research is paying off!
Nolou - can't wait to see the photos. So glad you are enjoying your daughter - did you meet her with her Dunkin Donut coffee?
Luanne - glad it is your last day. Congratulations to Joe!
Carole - have fun this weekend.

Hope all our Mates have a safe and wonderful weekend
Old May 25th, 2007, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Jen---yes, I had her coffee and bagel waiting along with a dozen roses. I am very excited that she is home. Only now I have to share her with her boyfriend.
Old May 25th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it's HOT HOT HOT! Today will be 32C (89F)
which is more like July than May, but we've waited so long for some heat, I'm not complaining!

Luanne, glad you made it through the week. Say congrats to Joe!

Cheryl, I am LOST too, but I also recorded it and plan to watch it again and again until I figure it out! Didn't you just love Hurley and the bus?!!

Everyone else, enjoy your long weekend!

donna
Old May 25th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Admiral

Good morning cruisemates. Make mine decaf please. I need a vacation already. Trying to make the $$ go further, so I'll do the one in September. I get Memorial Day off but I'll spend it around my place. With gasoline as high as it is I am thankful I live 3 miles from work.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old May 25th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Admiral

good morning cruisemates! *yawn and stretch* make mine a double expresso please. i once again have the late shift so work until 9pm. but i just found out that i dont have to work on monday after all. yippy! my son will be camping with my folks so i will have a lazy 3 days to just hang out.

today promises to be just as hot as yesterday so my ac is already set. 8)

have a great day everyone!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 25th, 2007, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Mates!

Yesterday was just unbelievable! It would take a chapter in a book to describe it! It was a fine line between hysteria and hysterical! Today will be a better day, I'm sure!

I'm moving a little better. Walking kind of like the Hunchback of Notre Dame, but I'm not hollering with each step, so I must be better. I still have DH steppin' and fetchin'. He is so good to me!

Everyone have a wonderful weekend, and remember to thank a vet!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old May 25th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Admiral

Default Morning, Anyone Care for a Coffee?

Good morning from sunny Southern California.

I slept in this morning. I was awakened about 3 a.m. by a barking dog who didn't know when to quit.

I have errands to run today as well, so best get started.

Judy
Old May 25th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Too late for good morning but just wanted to get in my vote for Karen to do the Mariner of the Seas. We've done the W. Carib twice on this ship and loved it. Karen, feel free to email me with any questions I could help you with.
Angela Z.