Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 28th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Admiral

Default Good Monday Morning-Memorial Day USA

Good morning from sunny gorgeous WI.

We had a great ride back up here from Fl. The Love Bugs got us a few times as we drove north, but I had put the Rain-X on the windshield and that helped get rid of them. We also had to drive through quite a stretch of smoke in S. GA too.

Happy Memorial Day everyone. Don't forget to honor our Vets today and those who are currently serving and some even paying the ultimate price for our freedom. A big THANK YOU to all of them.

Phyll
Sponsored Links
Old May 28th, 2007, 07:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Phyl, you must have flown home Glad you made it safely. Going to paint our porch today. We bought somenew chairs and a table, so after a good cleaning it should look good!

A big salute, on this Memorial Day, maybe next year, our troops will be home. Thanks to all of them.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 28th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Phyll, Trip and all the CM's to follow. Yes, Happy Memorial Day. I truly appreciate all our troops have done/do for us! Phyll, I'm so happy you had a safe trip back north. I've never experienced the Love Bugs.....YUCK! Today is a day of work for me...as always. But, at least I can do it from home. I hope everyone has a great day!
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old May 28th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good Morning all CM's
Memorial Day. Remembering our fallen, but not forgotten.
What a sad day, more of our troop have died in Iraqu.
No, I won't go there.

It 's officialy the start of the summer. Beach, B-B-Q,bathing suit, blonds,blast of fireworks. Paul how about a poem?
Old May 28th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Yeoman

Default Good morning

Yes, it is definately a day of remembrance. Saw the concert on PBS last night. Quite emotional. Carole, looking forward to coffee on Wed. It's also a somewhat emtional day for us. This will be our last one here in Fl for a while. DH has been transferred back uo N to Mass. House is on the market and we have already found one in Mass. the worst about all of this is not the weather but having to give up the ability to cruise out of Fl. so easy. DH says that is a good thing (NOT)
Enjoy your day. I am off to have one more cup of coffee and painting trim on doors.
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old May 28th, 2007, 08:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!! It looks like a beautiful day here in NH's Lakes Region. I am officially unemployed! My last day of work was yesterday. This week I will go to Maine to lay my aunt to rest. Then I return here and by Sunday Miss Lilly and I will be heading south toward a new life in Florida. Am I excited??? You bet I am!!! Have a great day CruiseMates. Take a moment to remember the heroes that serve to keep us free, God Bless Them All.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old May 28th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Hard to tell what the day is going to be like today. Seems a bit breezy and cloudy, so guess it may be rainy. I had hoped to garden, but it doesn't seem like a good outside day. Hopefully it will clear up.

Didn't get a chance to post yesterday. Had church, then the Youth Group Bake Sale - we made $285 -so that was pretty awesome. Rushed home and got ready to go to a circle dance in honor of my dh's youngest sister's upcoming marriage. It was hosted by the groom's mother. It was different. Not really my cup of tea so to speak, but I know my sil enjoyed it...so that is what matters I guess.

Then came home, and watched the game. It was very cold and rainy here yesterday.

Have no idea what I will do today - I know what I should be doing, but I hate to spend Memorial Day doing paperwork. I hope I get the sense to suck it up and get some work done and not waste a whole day being frivolous - but I truly want to just have a day of fun.

Thinking of all those who have or are serving our country, and their families as well. Especially thankful for those who paid the ultimate price.
Old May 28th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Central Texas where it is gloomy, and rain in the air.

Today is a very special day for us. Remembering is part of our every day life, but today we are especially reminded of it. I want to take a moment to thank all of you. There has never been a more caring group of people than Cruisemates. Jim still talks about the times he spent in Iraq and all the soldiers wanting to know what was in the mail for them that day from you guys.

We are so lucky that so many Americans are willing to put their lives aside in order to protect us. Some came home, and some did not. We salute you all.

Have a good day Cruisemates

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 28th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it's sunny, cool and breezy, which is an improvement over the rain that fell all day yesterday. I managed to get some more gardening done (weed pulling, mostly!) before the rain got too heavy. Will have to finish it up some evening this week.

VTJen, what is a circle dance? Sounds intriguing!

To everyone else, I wish you a happy Memorial Day!

donna
Old May 28th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........a bit chilly here....but nice....not much going on today.......maybe a little yard fix up......Larry has some painting to do......turning the gazebo into a Caribbean Paridise.......
painting the 'ceiling' a sky blue.........will help on those dreary NW days....

Y'all have a good Memorial Day...........

Sharon
Old May 28th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Mates!

A slow start to my day, and it will continue to be slow. Still waiting on the muscle in my leg to heal!

Thnking of all those men and women that have given their lives for our freedom, and all those who are serving now. I'm especially thinking of our own CruiseMate, Monty, whose son left for Bagdad this weekend.

We have stormy weather forecast of our area, so I don't think there will be a lot of BarBQing going on in our area. Someone eat a rib on my behalf, please!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old May 28th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning Everbody - Memorial Day USA

Good morning from an overcast Southern California. Rememberances go out, and thanks, too, to all those serving in our armed forces.

I have no idea what's in the works for today. I guess Keith will go to the gym as usual. Except for a problem dog, the neighborhood is quiet, so a lot of people must have taken off for the four days.

Enjoy the holiday, everyone.

Judy
Old May 28th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Admiral

A happy memorial day to all my fellow cruisemates. Let's remember what sacrifices our men and women in uniform have done for us! Freedom comes at a price. Enjoy memorial day with your family and friends!