CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   its already thursday?! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/334018-its-already-thursday.html)

crazysis May 31st, 2007 03:23 AM

its already thursday?!

good morning fellow cruisemates!! i thought i would start the day off really early or in my case its a late night (late shift at work yuck).
tomorrow or should i say today (just after midnight) i have the early shift so sleep will be pretty much non-exsistant. but hey only one more day left after today and friday i have the early shift again so its all good! 8)

hope everyone has a great thursday! can you believe that may is already over? it seems like it just started. :shock:

sue May 31st, 2007 03:31 AM

Good morning mates...I can't sleep. I have had such stressful 2 days with md that I feel like I am going insane. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sometimes I feel like just packing my bags and leaving. Anyhow, our area was thick with smoke all day and my eyes started to bother me. Tried to stay indoors all day but had to go out a few times. Don't know where the fire has been burning.

Keep me in your prayers as I feel like throwing in the towel so to speak.
I checked on our flight to Kenya again and it is still over $1740 p.p. Thats crazy. If the prices don't come down we can't go.

Have a good day mates!

crazysis May 31st, 2007 03:48 AM

hang in there sue! my prayers are with you! stay strong and keep on keeping on. :D the hard times make the good times all the better and more precious. there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, you just gotta get around the road blocks. (and no that light at the end of the tunnel is not a train!)

DougR. May 31st, 2007 06:25 AM

Good morning!!!!! Getting settled in the job here in Philly now. Things are pretty slow and peaceful now but pretty soon they will be expecting work out of me LOL !! The nerve of them!!!!! :shock:

Everyone have a great day, going to be a beautiful one here in Philly, but this is the sunrise I would rather see:

http://cruisemates.com/gallery/galleries/3040/56435.jpg

Sunrise over St Thomas

MissKMM May 31st, 2007 07:41 AM

Good morning Mates.

Hope everyone is well.

Expecting some hot and very very hazy weather here in Toronto. Just might be time to put on the air conditioning.

Have a good day all.

VTJen May 31st, 2007 07:51 AM

Good Morning All,

More rain today - the sun never even peeked out yesterday - not even a smidgeon.

Off to the office soon.

Sue - I pretty much feel like you do - but dealing with my ds and his gf - and I just feel like leaving and not dealing with it all either. I'm tired - been thru it all several times with my daughter, and now that my health is compromised I just don't have the mindset to handle it all well. I'm trusting the Lord to do something soon - cuz I just can't take the strain.

My stomach continues to worsen - just as the surgeon told me it would - not sure what is going to happen if I can't get cleared for surgery soon. I do know that I truly can't continue like this - the pain and inconvience is almost dibilatating now - hopefully it will subside soon, tho' it seems to me it is steadily increasing, I'm also trusting the tide will change the opposite way soon.

With no regular shows to watch - I sat thru a painful Red Sox Game last night - but hey - we can't win them all. Today is their rest day - so I have no idea how to entertain myself tonight.

Sue's post yesterday jogged my memory - have to make an appointment for my dog at the groomers. I keep forgetting...

Doug - glad they haven't been to rough on you yet. That picture was very soothing - the gold tones are so relaxing. Thank you.

Gatormama May 31st, 2007 08:30 AM

Good Morning,
Sue, we are smelling the smoke up here too in St Pete. Most of the state has a hint of smoke. Reminds me of years ago up N in the winter. Had a lovely coffee break with Carole ( Sea Trekker) yesterday. Just what I needed before DH informed me we were closing on our house in Mass on the 25th. Ugh!!!!! So, today is scrambled brain with a side order of chaos thrown in as we try and figure out logistics. Looks like we'll fly up, close and then go on vacation and then come back and move. Oh the fun of it all
Anne

rollerdonna May 31st, 2007 08:46 AM

Morning All, from a wet and humid Montreal. Rain, rain, and more rain for the next few days... Last night I came home in the rain and humidity, and they had the HEAT on in the train! I think I lost 5 lbs in sweat on the trip home!

Anne, Jen, Sue and crazysis, you all have way too much going on! Sometimes I guess it's not so bad that my life is boring and uneventful!

I survived my first Wed. night without LOST :cry: by listening to a LOST podcast on the internet. One week down, 8 more months to go! :roll:

donna

LS80 May 31st, 2007 09:29 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest............still hot here.....for us anyway....still in the 80's......I'll take it......should still be nice this weekend for the Alaska cruisers coming & going........

Not much happening here today.......

Y'all have a good Thursday............

Sharon

Luanne Russo May 31st, 2007 09:47 AM

Good morning from Central Texas where it is rainy, and humid this morning. I knew it was going to storm last night when a 100 lb plus dog got in our bed shaking. She can be mean with strangers, but poor baby hates a storm.

I am going to continue my cleaning today. It is starting to look more like a home, instead of a messy teens room. LOL

Jim just e-mailed me our packing list we always use. LOL I love it when he finally gets excited. He has no clue as to what I have cooked up this time. We will be celebrating his return home, plus his birthday.

Joe has been talked out of the chick magnet. Well, the insurance people did. LOL He figured what good would it be if you had a chick without having money. LOL

Sue, you are always in my prayers. If you need me, I am here.

I hope all of you have a good day. Remember to say I Love You to someone.

Luanne

Mike M May 31st, 2007 09:57 AM

Good morning everyone:

A productive morning before going to the neurologist. A call to our chat provider to discuss our chat room lock ups. After we finished talking about that, guess what we talked about next? Cruising. LOL

I have also sucked up five days worth of dog hair. I think that my DW no longer knows how to use a vacuum cleaner. :wink: Five days of Kramer hair is A LOT of hair. I knew I was in trouble when the hair tumble weed rolled passed me while I was making coffee. :roll:

I am again off this weekend. It is the Anniversary, Birthday, Birthday weekend. We will be spending it downtown and taking in the city. I have reservations at a churrascaria (brasilian restaurant), my favorite French restaurant and our favorite Vietnamese restaurant. Betty is still in the dark about where we are going, just that we are going. I told her to just pack an overnight bag. I didn't tell her that all day Saturday (her birthday) is a shopping day downtown.

I hope everyone has a great day,
Mike

Kuki May 31st, 2007 11:25 AM

Good Morning cruisemates! Sun is shining in Calgary and temps are forecast to hit the 80s F.

My body clock is still out of whack. Went to sleep at 11 PM .. thought I had stretched it out enough, but I woke up at 5 A.M. and couldnt get back to sleep :cry:

But.. even if I'm drowsy I'm heading to the golf course.

Think I'm going to start letting Mike handle planning for our special occassions. Have a great time Mike!

mehawk May 31st, 2007 11:31 AM

Good morning Cruisemates :D . Houston is hot and humid right now and a good chance of rain today. I have nothiing to do but I'll find something.

cruisingks May 31st, 2007 11:35 AM

Thursday is almost over here! Time for a coffee break though.

Sending good thoughts to all of you. Wish I could wave my magic wand and make everything better!

Confirmation came just a bit ago. Made everything seem "official." My parents are so excited. This will be their first real vacation since our wedding on Maui in 2003. No washing up, dinner to cook,... a real treat!

Wishing you all a good rest of the day!

karen

CruisinK n J May 31st, 2007 11:50 AM

It's Already Thursday?!

Good morning from Southern California. No rain here, no humidity here, and fortunately, NO fires here!

Keith is going to Flabob Saturday with his son to attend a birthday party for the 85-yr.-old that he worked with a few months ago. Now I know what I'll do: celebrate Betty's birthday by shopping, as well! LOL LOL

Our 34th wedding anniversary comes up at the end of June. All the hotels are booked solid. I think I'll just make dinner reservations somewhere and delay gratification by planning a weekend later on.

No ironing to do . . . wonderful!

Have a good day, CM's.

Judy

Comet Cruiser May 31st, 2007 12:43 PM

Hi Everyone!

It's really hot here but rain is expected this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Happy Cruising
Comet Cruiser
Gail

p.s Rollerdonna.....YES I miss watching Lost as well, Wednesdays just aren't the same anymore :(

Phyllbo May 31st, 2007 02:02 PM

Good morning all.

I was up early to go have my MRI test done this morning. I think I was in that machine for an hour listening to the clank clank sound. I even almost fell asleep a few times. Glad that's over---now to wait for the results.

Mike, you are such a big sweetie! I hope you and Betty have a fantastic weekend. It sure sounds wonderful!

Sue and Jen, I hope things turn around for both of you. I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Phyll