Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 31st, 2007, 03:23 AM
Admiral

Default its already thursday?!

good morning fellow cruisemates!! i thought i would start the day off really early or in my case its a late night (late shift at work yuck).
tomorrow or should i say today (just after midnight) i have the early shift so sleep will be pretty much non-exsistant. but hey only one more day left after today and friday i have the early shift again so its all good! 8)

hope everyone has a great thursday! can you believe that may is already over? it seems like it just started.

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old May 31st, 2007, 03:31 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates...I can't sleep. I have had such stressful 2 days with md that I feel like I am going insane.

Sometimes I feel like just packing my bags and leaving. Anyhow, our area was thick with smoke all day and my eyes started to bother me. Tried to stay indoors all day but had to go out a few times. Don't know where the fire has been burning.

Keep me in your prayers as I feel like throwing in the towel so to speak.
I checked on our flight to Kenya again and it is still over $1740 p.p. Thats crazy. If the prices don't come down we can't go.

Have a good day mates!
Old May 31st, 2007, 03:48 AM
Admiral

hang in there sue! my prayers are with you! stay strong and keep on keeping on. the hard times make the good times all the better and more precious. there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, you just gotta get around the road blocks. (and no that light at the end of the tunnel is not a train!)

Read and post cruise reviews
Old May 31st, 2007, 06:25 AM
Admiral

Good morning!!!!! Getting settled in the job here in Philly now. Things are pretty slow and peaceful now but pretty soon they will be expecting work out of me !! The nerve of them!!!!!

Everyone have a great day, going to be a beautiful one here in Philly, but this is the sunrise I would rather see:

Sunrise over St Thomas

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old May 31st, 2007, 07:41 AM
First Mate

Good morning Mates.

Hope everyone is well.

Expecting some hot and very very hazy weather here in Toronto. Just might be time to put on the air conditioning.

Have a good day all.
Old May 31st, 2007, 07:51 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

More rain today - the sun never even peeked out yesterday - not even a smidgeon.

Off to the office soon.

Sue - I pretty much feel like you do - but dealing with my ds and his gf - and I just feel like leaving and not dealing with it all either. I'm tired - been thru it all several times with my daughter, and now that my health is compromised I just don't have the mindset to handle it all well. I'm trusting the Lord to do something soon - cuz I just can't take the strain.

My stomach continues to worsen - just as the surgeon told me it would - not sure what is going to happen if I can't get cleared for surgery soon. I do know that I truly can't continue like this - the pain and inconvience is almost dibilatating now - hopefully it will subside soon, tho' it seems to me it is steadily increasing, I'm also trusting the tide will change the opposite way soon.

With no regular shows to watch - I sat thru a painful Red Sox Game last night - but hey - we can't win them all. Today is their rest day - so I have no idea how to entertain myself tonight.

Sue's post yesterday jogged my memory - have to make an appointment for my dog at the groomers. I keep forgetting...

Doug - glad they haven't been to rough on you yet. That picture was very soothing - the gold tones are so relaxing. Thank you.
Old May 31st, 2007, 08:30 AM
Yeoman

Good Morning,
Sue, we are smelling the smoke up here too in St Pete. Most of the state has a hint of smoke. Reminds me of years ago up N in the winter. Had a lovely coffee break with Carole ( Sea Trekker) yesterday. Just what I needed before DH informed me we were closing on our house in Mass on the 25th. Ugh!!!!! So, today is scrambled brain with a side order of chaos thrown in as we try and figure out logistics. Looks like we'll fly up, close and then go on vacation and then come back and move. Oh the fun of it all
Anne

Caribbean Princess
Old May 31st, 2007, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from a wet and humid Montreal. Rain, rain, and more rain for the next few days... Last night I came home in the rain and humidity, and they had the HEAT on in the train! I think I lost 5 lbs in sweat on the trip home!

Anne, Jen, Sue and crazysis, you all have way too much going on! Sometimes I guess it's not so bad that my life is boring and uneventful!

I survived my first Wed. night without LOST by listening to a LOST podcast on the internet. One week down, 8 more months to go!

donna
Old May 31st, 2007, 09:29 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest............still hot here.....for us anyway....still in the 80's......I'll take it......should still be nice this weekend for the Alaska cruisers coming & going........

Not much happening here today.......

Y'all have a good Thursday............

Sharon
Old May 31st, 2007, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Central Texas where it is rainy, and humid this morning. I knew it was going to storm last night when a 100 lb plus dog got in our bed shaking. She can be mean with strangers, but poor baby hates a storm.

I am going to continue my cleaning today. It is starting to look more like a home, instead of a messy teens room.

Jim just e-mailed me our packing list we always use. I love it when he finally gets excited. He has no clue as to what I have cooked up this time. We will be celebrating his return home, plus his birthday.

Joe has been talked out of the chick magnet. Well, the insurance people did. He figured what good would it be if you had a chick without having money.

Sue, you are always in my prayers. If you need me, I am here.

I hope all of you have a good day. Remember to say I Love You to someone.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 31st, 2007, 09:57 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

A productive morning before going to the neurologist. A call to our chat provider to discuss our chat room lock ups. After we finished talking about that, guess what we talked about next? Cruising.

I have also sucked up five days worth of dog hair. I think that my DW no longer knows how to use a vacuum cleaner. Five days of Kramer hair is A LOT of hair. I knew I was in trouble when the hair tumble weed rolled passed me while I was making coffee.

I am again off this weekend. It is the Anniversary, Birthday, Birthday weekend. We will be spending it downtown and taking in the city. I have reservations at a churrascaria (brasilian restaurant), my favorite French restaurant and our favorite Vietnamese restaurant. Betty is still in the dark about where we are going, just that we are going. I told her to just pack an overnight bag. I didn't tell her that all day Saturday (her birthday) is a shopping day downtown.

I hope everyone has a great day,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 31st, 2007, 11:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sun is shining in Calgary and temps are forecast to hit the 80s F.

My body clock is still out of whack. Went to sleep at 11 PM .. thought I had stretched it out enough, but I woke up at 5 A.M. and couldnt get back to sleep

But.. even if I'm drowsy I'm heading to the golf course.

Think I'm going to start letting Mike handle planning for our special occassions. Have a great time Mike!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old May 31st, 2007, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates . Houston is hot and humid right now and a good chance of rain today. I have nothiing to do but I'll find something.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old May 31st, 2007, 11:35 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to cruisingks

Thursday is almost over here! Time for a coffee break though.

Sending good thoughts to all of you. Wish I could wave my magic wand and make everything better!

Confirmation came just a bit ago. Made everything seem "official." My parents are so excited. This will be their first real vacation since our wedding on Maui in 2003. No washing up, dinner to cook,... a real treat!

Wishing you all a good rest of the day!

karen
Old May 31st, 2007, 11:50 AM
Admiral

Default It's Already Thursday?!

Good morning from Southern California. No rain here, no humidity here, and fortunately, NO fires here!

Keith is going to Flabob Saturday with his son to attend a birthday party for the 85-yr.-old that he worked with a few months ago. Now I know what I'll do: celebrate Betty's birthday by shopping, as well!

Our 34th wedding anniversary comes up at the end of June. All the hotels are booked solid. I think I'll just make dinner reservations somewhere and delay gratification by planning a weekend later on.

No ironing to do . . . wonderful!

Have a good day, CM's.

Judy
Old May 31st, 2007, 12:43 PM
First Mate

Hi Everyone!

It's really hot here but rain is expected this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Happy Cruising
Comet Cruiser
Gail

p.s Rollerdonna.....YES I miss watching Lost as well, Wednesdays just aren't the same anymore

Old May 31st, 2007, 02:02 PM
Admiral

Good morning all.

I was up early to go have my MRI test done this morning. I think I was in that machine for an hour listening to the clank clank sound. I even almost fell asleep a few times. Glad that's over---now to wait for the results.

Mike, you are such a big sweetie! I hope you and Betty have a fantastic weekend. It sure sounds wonderful!

Sue and Jen, I hope things turn around for both of you. I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Phyll