Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 5th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Admiral

Default Greek Islands Fantasy Cruise

Venice,

First of all, you worry too much! Of course they will like us. We’re two very likable guys! Besides, we’ve got $20 million………

And if we’re going to do this cruise, we’re going to have to do it first class all the way. First of all, we hire a world-renowned chef – Wolfgang Puck, or somebody. Next, the bar will have to be well stocked. I’m thinking Dom. P. ’53 champagne, Glenmorangie 18-year-old Scotch, and of course, Captain Morgan rum (it’s the pirate in me…..!)

You’re spot on with the musical entertainment. But I’m thinking we should fly in Lionel Ritchie for an evening. He’d be perfect for the dance party we’re throwing. And we need a trumpet player, too -- I’m thinking Winton Marsalis.

I’m envisioning the cruise to be a nice relaxing cruise of about 14 days, with leisurely visits to the islands, and of course the beaches. And aren’t some of those beaches topless??!!

As for the “Mean Dean? award, I’ve got a few ideas………

How’s it sound so far?

Dean
Sponsored Links
Old June 7th, 2007, 05:01 AM
Admiral

Mean Dean..start packing your bags.."WE" won $16 last night in the Powerball drawing so I will "invest" our earnings for saturday night's drawing and suggest you "contribute" matching funds (VBG)..

I will put "our ladies" on alert to arrange babysitting plans with their husbands and start shopping for swimwear to wear on 'Paradise Beach" in Mykonos(that's the topless beach that I have been to several times)

Do you think Wolfgang can share the galley with Leah Chase of Dookie Chase fame in preparing some New Orleans style delights on our charter? I happen to know the Marsalis family and they have agreed to have the entire family onboard so our music is covered.

I suggest we leave out of Venice the first weekend in September so we can catch the "Regata Storica" race and the Venice Film Festival. I'll speak with famed New Orleans artist Tony Green, who has a summer studio in Venice, who will arrange to show us the nightlife of Venice thru a local's eyes and you can arrange the private villa that the four of us will be staying as part of our pre cruise departure. We will do the "gondola thing" on saturday evening at sunset and for the romance we will do the "side canal off the beaten track" route and end the evening at the world famous historic Fenice Opera House (your pre cruise reading assignment is "The City of Falling Angels" by John Berendt..ask Jeanne for her copy (VBG)

I'll check with the producers of "Dancing With The Stars" to see if some of their female professional dance partners from this season can give us private lessons prior to our cruise so we can both not embarass ourselves when we are dancing on deck with "our dates" every evening on our cruise..

Do you think any of our cruisemate friends would like to join us and if so what will they contribute and who will they bring (and it can't be their spouses , remember this is a "fantasy" experience)..I think Dave The Wave would be a great companion but he could not bring Brittany or Paris, he would have to upgrade his date (VBG) and he doesn't have to bring his own refreshments...I'll make sure our provisioning officer has lots of corona beer in the cooler (VBG)

What's next on your end ?
Old June 7th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Admiral

Mean Dean...since cruising is just so much more then fine dining, exotic ports, great music, romance with beautiful women, I suggest we also incorporate a health component, educational component and an onboard expert panel discussing current issues facing our society today

-health component- I have taken the liberty of ordering a yoga chair for each of our suites so we won't need to be going to the gym (I'll explain once we are onboard (VBG)

educational seminar- I've asked Melina to invite Dr Alexx Woods (I wish my doctor looked that good) from CSI New York and Marg Helgenberger from CSI (my favorite red head) to conduct a "CSI At Sea" seminar on how they would solve a crime if one of us is missing onboard

expert panel - Can you please ask Jeanne(1st wife) to invite Nicolette Grant (2nd wife) and Margene Henrickson (3rd wife) from Big Love to discuss the "merits of pologamy at sea".

In conjunction with the internet degree at sea program, all guest will receive credit towards a degree
Old June 13th, 2007, 04:06 AM
Admiral

Venice,

So, Wolfgang sharing a kitchen with Leah? Well, I’ve never been averse to explosive combinations………….!

And I’m very sorry to have taken so long to respond. Pretty pathetic for a mult-millionaire, huh……..?

As for Venice, I’m going to leave that wonderful city in your capable hands. For I can think of no one better qualified to take care of things.

And as for our dance party, we will be dancing like the stars, if not with the stars. What makes you think that we’re not stars? Whatever the case, we have Lionel Ritchie for an evening, and we’ll all be dancing on the ceiling!

As for Dave The Wave – bring him on! We can keep up with any party animal! You know there’s something to be said for wine, women, and song. It’s going to be the Venice and Dean show – and your son thought flying jets was exciting……..!

You know, there’ll we’ll be…. Lying out in the sun every day. On a tropical beach……..

Dining to the world’s best cuisine. Dancing to the world’s best music.

Romancing our fair ladies under tropical evenings………..

Cruising doesn’t get much better than this…

Dean
Old June 13th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Admiral

Since 9/11, we have to be aware of security concerns, so we will invite Luanne's husband Jim to be onboard to make sure we are not hijacked by pirates..and you know the deal, if we bring Jim he will" insist" on bringing Luanne ..so we will put her to work and she will report a daily travel log of our adventures back to our cruisemate friends

I think I can handle Venice and Santorini but I suggest we stop in Istanbul so "our girls" can go to the grand bazaar and pick up a few items

It's powerball night so I will invest our winnings to see if we can increase them . I'll let you know how we turn out

What other ports do you want to go to ? what other details am I leaving out..You know Istanbul has great bath houses