Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 7th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Admiral

Default Good Thursday Morning

Aaawright, I haven't done this in ages! Good morning from Southern California. Gonna be another gorgeous day. Love those purple jacaranda trees!

Keith missed his gym yesterday. An old friend died and got his half page obit in the L.A. Times: the god father of hot air ballooning, Ed Yost died at at 87. Don't know if anyone here is interested in that.

Anyway, the gate and fence are fixed, courtesy of Keith, the Canelloni crepes were courtesy of Keith, and I hope, good Lord willin', I can talk him into lunch out on Thursday, 'cuz my sandwich was the pits today!

Also, my little home town n MN got in NBC news the other night. Couldn't believe it!

Have a good day, CM's!

Judy
Sponsored Links
Old June 7th, 2007, 12:45 AM
Admiral

Morning Judy and all to follow,,,

Althought I haven't been to bed yet,,,,
So don't know what Thursday holds for me. Sure hope its an easy day,,,work wise that is.

Hope everyone has a great day,,,

Morning all you early risers,,, Nite all you night owls,,and all you folks on the west coast.

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old June 7th, 2007, 01:37 AM
Admiral

Make it a good one... just found out my cousin from Leicester, England is coming to stay w/ us for 2 weeks. Hopefully I will be able to take her some places (cross your fingers mates)... Im just not sure WHERE to go or WHAT to ddo... criteria: within a days drive, some kind of action going on, relatively inexpensive (she is on tight budget after the airfare)

Im thinking Ruidoso, NM - San Antonio, TX - Dallas, TX ... any other ideas out there ??? not big on the 6 Flags idea....

Take Care -
Steph
Old June 7th, 2007, 03:05 AM
Admiral

My, do any of ya'll sleep?? I am getting with my sister today and we shall go to the cemetery (we'll be in your neighborhood Darlene, Forest Park East) to visit with my father, whose birthday woul dhave been yesterday and while there, we'll visit Mom and my kid brother. It's also two miles from where I almost lost my life last year.

Have a great one my friends and be happy!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old June 7th, 2007, 06:13 AM
Yeoman

Ok, I'm just getting up. Hopefully, we 'll get some rain today. Coffee tastes mighty good right now. have to get house ready for open house on Sun. (Ugh) Also trying to plan trip up N and figure out what we are taking in car vs truck. Off to find my next cup. Have a good one
Anne 8)

Caribbean Princess
Old June 7th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Admiral

Good morning friends. You people are early risers. Cool weather is back. Actually feels nice.

Hoping the weather forecast changes for Sunday. I am going on a cruise. Okay, it's just a Boston Harbor cruise, but it's still a "cruise". It's on the Spirit of Boston. My department at the bank received the lunch cruise as part of a home equity campaign award. We needed to get 176 applications in 6 weeks, we got "248".

Anne--my husband is checking on plumbers.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old June 7th, 2007, 07:13 AM
First Mate

Good morning everyone....lots of early risers today.

Gator, I need a cup, double milk please.

Lots to do at work, but tonight I'm going to settle into my comfy chair on the front porch and read until it's too dark to read.

Have a good one all.
Old June 7th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning!!

You guys need sleep!!

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 7th, 2007, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Good Morning "Mates".
Got to go to work!

See y'all later,

Ken
Old June 7th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it's only 10C (50F) but hopefully going up to 20C ( (68F). I'm hoping it stays cool throughout the morning, as our daycare end-of-the-year show will take place in a large, upstairs hall that gets extremely hot when the sun is out!

Nolou, have fun on your cruise!

Michael, yesterday would have been my father's birthday too.

Steph, definately take your cousin to San Antonio, to the Riverwalk!
Then you can visit the Purple Store in the mall, and think of me!

Judy, I've never heard of a Jacaranda tree, but I'm sure I would love it too!

I've got to finish up my tea and banana bread, and be off to work early for the show.....

donna
Old June 7th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Mates. Between those that stayed up late and those that got up early, looks like we had the boards covered all night!

Steph, how about the New Braunfels area and a little play time on the Comal or the Guadelupe River?

Michael, I'm meeting thegambler for lunch today at Pappasitos on the Gulf Freeway, at 1:00. We would love for you and your sister to meet up with us. I will PM my cell phone to you, in case your able to join us! That would be fun! You mentioned yesterday being your dad's birthday, it was my parent's anniversary. The anniversary was on D-Day and my mother's birthday was on Pearl Harbor Day!

nolou, I like being on ANY boat, so I know you will enjoy your cruise!

Everyone have a great day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old June 7th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I fell asleep putting my granddaughter to bed. I'm still wondering who fell asleep first.

The bad part was that I woke up when Betty came home and haven't been able to go back to sleep. It may be one of those days. Oh well, there's nothing on the agenda other than DW and I taking the granddaughter home, so I should have plenty of time for a nap, if I need one.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 7th, 2007, 08:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning from Darien GA. Just gettung ready to hit the road again. Last day of traveling. I should arrive in Lakeland sometime today. Good nights sleep last night and feeling good. Miss Lilly is eyeing me suspiciously as I go out and in taking things to the car. I am sure she knows what is up. Have a great ay all and I will be on tonight I hope.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old June 7th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Not much new here. Off to work soon. Not much left to do at the office, have some to finish up here at home tho.

Should run to the grocery store, and Steph's post about needles reminded me that today is the day for my blood test. Thanks Steph, I truly had forgotten. Then it sparked my memory that I needed to refill my prescription...too much going on, I can't seem to get my act together.

Son and all those attending that wedding in Montana made it there safely, not so the luggage. He left a voice mail on my phone at about midnight thirty - still at the airport trying to get things figured out - between the four flights they were all arriving on. He said things were quite stressful. He'll call today - hate to tell him one of his fish have died - he has an aquarirum and last year he added four neons to the mix - Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme - let's just say only Parsley remains.

Well, I better get moving, and will have to dress warm again today as it is only 40 out at the moment
Old June 7th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Sorry I missed hosting chat last night, but..... We went to my Granddaughters graduation last night and, I froze my buns off. It got over late, and didn't feel well, so I came home and went right to bed..

One highlight of the ceremony was a soldier, who came home from Iraq, to present his son a diploma, and he is going back there, today. Broke my heart He got a standing ovation...

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 7th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Rain has stopped and sun is shining once again in Calgary... though temps have dropped into the 60s F.

If the rain holds off, I'm headed to the golf course this afternoon.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/