Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Admiral

Default Friday's finally here!!!

Good morning friends. It's finally Friday. Seemed like this week dragged on and on.

Not much going on. Planning a big Father's Day Sunday for my Dad. My husband plans on spending the day fishing. Hope the weather cooperates.

Hope everyone has a great and safe weekend.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY.
Old June 15th, 2007, 07:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

TGIF & HAPPY FATHERS DAY to all the lucky guys.
Old June 15th, 2007, 07:50 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's a beautiful morning here in upstate NY. We had nice and cool sleeping weather last night, and it's going to be in the mid 70's. Perfect!

Our choir director's wedding is tomorrow, so we had a rehersal last night. Beleive it or not, she is marrying the organist/choir director from a church up the road. Our choirs are combining to sing at the ceremony. Should be great!

Have a great day and a fabulous weekend!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old June 15th, 2007, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Good morning from the sunshine state. What a long week we have had. WE were told our middle daughter will be released today. I am very concerned how things will be "again". She is on meds now and I am hoping it will help. But there is no magic pill out there. We have seen her every day and did counceling with her and also alone.

We are planning a family vacation and I hope it will be poss. We are looking into it. It's not a cruise as we don't want to do one this time.

My VW bug is still not fixed. It has been seen by 3 different people 2 with the computer soft ware. It gives out too much gas, the bug thinks I am going 80 but I am not. Maybe a sensor? I had to rent a car yesterday and at least I was mobil. Today my aunt is going into a nursing home in germany, she has been crying for days. I feel sad about it but with her so far away I can't help.

Sunday we will have a BBQ here thats all we are doing due to the enormous stress. Go in the pool and relax. Youngest daughter got her report card, all A's again, what a great kid. She has a friend over and they had fun giggeling all night.

Have a good day mates!
Old June 15th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemates! A stormy night in Houston last night, but we made it through and today is a new day. Have a great one friends.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old June 15th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

We have had so many beautiful days in a row - I can't believe it. I'm loving it. Tho' my house is feeling the effects of it - it is too nice to be in cleaning. I am going to try and do some this morning before I lead a Bible Study, poolside, this afternoon. I try to clean, but I get so distracted and side tracked puttering around that I feel like nothing really ever gets accomplished.

Yesterday was work, then lunch by a friends pool, then home - my son got back and his and his gf's laundry. Trying to get that done, and my own.

Still trying to catch up on all the I'm behind in. It just is never ending.

Tomorrow have to bake for a fundraise for the Church Youth Group on Sunday. I am not a fantastic baker - I need quick simple ideas... will have to find some today so I can have all the ingredients and I can start in first thing tomorrow.

Sue - keep hanging in there. I know it must be difficult right now

Ed - Congratulations to your Choir director. Funny - well ironic, ours decided she'd rather spend all her time with our main soloist rather than make her marriage work. Needless to say we are short one Choir Director on Soloist and one bass player (choir director's husband) until this whole mess gets straighted out.

After a disappointing week in baseball - I'm hoping we rally around and get back on the winning side,

Enjoy your day Mates,
Old June 15th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Being in recovery mode, I don't think I'd keep track of which day is which unless I look at this board!
VTJen, when I have to bake a lot I like to make the tollhouse cookie pan variety....you spread out the dough in the cookie sheet and end up with bars.....easier than individual cookies.
Angela Z.
Old June 15th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Today is Aiden day...folding laundry and that sort of thing. Tomorrow will be a short day at work, an old friend's daughter, who my daughter is friendly with, is throwing her Mom,a surprise Sweet 16, 60th birthday party. Got that?

So I am bringing a veggie platter, and will cut up all the veggies, later.

On Father's Day,the whole fam will take Bruce out for breakfast....That's what he wants, thats what he gets....Anyone have a Tums?

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 15th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Rain in the Calgary region, and it looks like it's going to continue through most of the weekend, and in to next week

Our plans to visit Kuki Jr and his GF in Edmonton yesterday fell apart. Wed. night he called that his GF's father had ended up in hospital, in need of by-pass surgery. Of course we feel terrible for him; mid 50s, active and fit guy.... so you never know who this stuff is going to hit.

I went to my golf tournament in Edmonton, without Mrs. Kuki... and ended up doing the 3 hr drive home in a driving rain storm.

Had golf scheduled for today too... but the skies don't look promising.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 15th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Passenger

Default HAPPY FATHERS DAY AND HELLO TO ALL

Morning everyone , With Four Daughters it should be a interesting Fathers Day as well! Hiya Mehawk In Houston, Its Raining here in Ft. Worth, Texas we sure have been in a drought the last several years, Hello to everyone else here as well and Best Regards to the rest of you Dads as well and you Moms too your the glue that keeps everything together! Everyone have a safe weekend!

Best Regards!

Old June 15th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Admiral

A very late good morning from Montreal, where I can't believe the good weather we've had all week! Nice change from the rain all last week!
I am taking one last day off, my back is feeling a little better, and I don't want to push it!

donna
Old June 15th, 2007, 11:28 AM
Admiral

Default Friday's Finally Here

Another late good morning, this time from Southern California. The heat continues. The A/C runs from noon on. Bring on the Edison bill . . .

Not much going on here. A manicure later today . . . that's about it.

Havew a good day, all.

Judy
Old June 15th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Admiral

Good morning all, or really I guess I should say good afternoon.

I've been keeping pretty busy around here. Instead of sitting by the lake the other day, I started cleaning out the garage and putting together cabinets to store everything. What a job, but it looks so much better.

Robert, I don't think I welcomed you to CM. Glad you found us, and are posting too. Hope you enjoy it around here as much as I do.

Sue, just keep putting one foot in front of the other, and your hands in the one who loves you most! I'm praying for you.

Kuki, thoughts and prayers going out for your son's girlfriends father.

Take care everyone. Have a good weekend, and happy Father's Day to all those dads out there.

Phyll
Old June 15th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Admiral

Default Re: HAPPY FATHERS DAY AND HELLO TO ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXAS CRUISER
Morning everyone , With Four Daughters it should be a interesting Fathers Day as well! Hiya Mehawk In Houston, Its Raining here in Ft. Worth, Texas we sure have been in a drought the last several years, Hello to everyone else here as well and Best Regards to the rest of you Dads as well and you Moms too your the glue that keeps everything together! Everyone have a safe weekend!

Best Regards!
If it's raining there now, then it will probably be here later this evening. Hello back at ya!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old June 15th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Admiral

good morning cruisemates!! its sunny and hot again here in northern california. its been toooooo hot! in the 90's and 100's. ugh! have the late shift today so its going to be a late night. happy fathers day to all you fathers out there. have a great day everyone.

Read and post cruise reviews