Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2007, 04:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Tuesday

Good Morning CruiseMates!!!! Tuesday in Lakeland Fl. It is 4:45 AM and a comfy 73 degrees. Today I have an inteview for a job. It is for working with the developmentally disabled working in a residential setting. Right up my alley! I am nervous but very excited. Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old June 19th, 2007, 06:58 AM
Admiral

Good morning from the sunshine state. Our pastor is very sick at home infected with Maleria<he just came back from Uganda> He did not take his meds for it! We have been getting ready here for the appraiser and dealing with youth issues. daughter is at home now.

Have a great day mates. I am hoping we can go up north, I should know soon. If we go we are also heading to Providence town for a whale watch "cruise". We have done this twice in the past and it was awesome.

Have a blessed day!
Old June 19th, 2007, 06:59 AM
First Mate

Good morning Cruisemates.

What a beautiful morning in Toronto, however, I don't think it's going to last too long. We're expecting some pretty bad thunderstorms today. The rain is welcomed, my once beautiful green grass is somewhat parched, so bring on the rain.

PS Laura....good luck on the interview.
Old June 19th, 2007, 07:13 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it promises to be a hot, humid, and dangerous day for those with respiratory issues. All this, followed by thunderstorms apparently!

I am working a 9am to 9pm today, subbing in the morning, and a compulsory meeting after work. It's gonna be a long day....

Laura, good luck with the job interview - think positive!

Miss KMM, thanks for the "heads up" about Jimmy Buffett in Toronto!

donna
Old June 19th, 2007, 07:17 AM
Admiral

Good morning friends. Looks like it may e a nice day today although I'll be indoors until 5:00 tonight. (need to work some overtime)

Kitchen is at a standstill since we are very busy with everything else. Hopefully we will get back to it soon. Boy do I need a vacation.

My son has a 2nd interview with a major 401K/financial company today. Please keep your fingers crossed that it goes well. He really would like to get this job.

Not much else going on. As they say, same sh**, different day.

Laura---good luck at your interview
Sue---prayers continue to come your way. also for your pastor.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old June 19th, 2007, 07:41 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cruisemate friends. Can you say "muggy?" It is already 80F and it is only 6:40am. I am off for the next three days so I'll stay indoors as much as possible.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old June 19th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!
It is about 72 degrees here in Avon Park, FL and the sun is up! We have apparently gotten into the "official" rainy season, so we'll ge the thunderstorms this afternoon, as will happen almost every day now. But, like the rest of you, even up in Ontario, our lawns and trees can use the drink of water.

Last week was Anniversary Week at our facility, celebrating 48 years. Since it began in 1959, the theme was something like "The Fabulous 50's" with decorations to match. It was culminated by a "sock hop" Friday night. I was the "sock" and did the "hop", as I was the only staff person there with the DJ and several residents, who preferred to watch "me" rather than dance themselves. I didn't know that this "broad" had so much energy to keep her going for almost a non-stop hour and a half!! Trevor did go, too, for company so he danced with me and one resident a couple of times. I have to say, though, that 50's music is very invigorating and the folks were amazed that I knew most of the words to everything played. (ie, "Wake Up, Little Suzie"). Some of the ladies did give it a whirl and joined a conga line with me, or danced at their seats. Overall, it was fun. (No, I didn't sing into a mike-just went around table to table, clapping,snapping my fingers, "danced " with people in wheelchairs, etc.-anything to keep them involved.)

We have 19 Fridays left until we cruise and our roll call is really a joy. We've come together well and anticipate having a great time in October.

Well, take care, Everybody. I hope that all the dreams and jobs come true, and Sue, I hope you get your trip up north. My parents sold their northern home so will be back down here permanently around July 10.

Bye for now. Lynne

Ruby Princess
Old June 19th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Like Miss KMM and RollerDonna my day will gradually heat up to the 90's, then cool off with dangerous thunderstorms. My lawn is still lush and green, but I noticed yesterday the lawn at church is really suffering, so I guess we do need the rain. I have been enjoying every minute of the sun.

Today is work, Bible Study, then a friend coming to hang out by the pool. Oh, guess I gotta get to the grocery store too, promised ds girlfriend tacos for supper.

Cheryl - I hope your son has an awesome interview and gets his job.
I know how it feels to be in the middle of a remodel - then no time to finish. Someday...

Laura - Hope you have a great interview also!

Sue - will pray for your Pastor. Also for your daughter, and you. You are on my heart and in my thoughts a lot.

Have a beautiful day all,
Old June 19th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

I'm in class this morning, so I'm not at my usual work place. I've been having problems getting on the site from work so you haven't been hearing from me lately.

Not much going on anyway. Just sweating!

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old June 19th, 2007, 09:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sunshine covering the Rocky Mountains to the west and stretching over Calgary. Temps are on the rise, with mid 70s forecast for the day, and getting warmer the rest of the week.

This means golf golf golf golf Gees, I'm starting to act retired, even though I'm only unemployed I'm wearing the t-shirt I bought on our trip, says : My job is so secret, even I don't know what I'm doing
Old June 19th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Mates!

As Mehawk, we are in a summer pattern for weather -- hot, hot, hot, with a hefty dose of humidity!

Not much on my agenda today, a few errands and such.

Cheryl, I hope your son gets that job!
Laura, if you need any references, you can get quite a few from us here!
RD, that makes tired, just thinking about it!

Everyone have a great day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old June 19th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............suppose to be 75 today......I'll take it.......

Laura............will be thinking of you with fingers crossed.......good luck....

Not much going on today......

Y'all have a good Tuesday............

Sharon
Old June 19th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning folks:

Nothing more exciting to report other than the fact that, last night, the temp dropped about 20 degrees in three hours. We will have temps in the low 70's for the rest of the week. My kind of weather.

That's about it.

Kuki: It would be a perfect day to go golfing but I don't think triple digit scoring would be a good thing for my psyche. (That's on the front nine and cheating.)

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 19th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday

Good morning from Southern California. A toasty day here and cranking it up for the rest of the week. Now I wish we had a pool!

Laura, good luck on the job interview.
RD, take it slow and easy on that long day!

Wish me luck at the doctor's office today. I have a couple of problems to deal with when I get there.

Have a good day, everybody.

Judy
Old June 19th, 2007, 11:10 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to ms_Kalamity

Top O' the mornin' to all from northern Arizona. It's supposed to be in the low to mid 90's here today............. but its a dry heat!

Good Luck to all in their endevors today

Jane

Independance of the Seas
Monarch of the Seas, October, 2007
Serenade of the Seas June, 2006
Old June 19th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Passenger

Default Good Tuesday Hello

Hiya Cruisemates from Rainy, Muggy Fort Worth,Texas! Im Off this week gotta Mow the grass again, with all this rain it grows fast, Say some Prayers for the People in Gainesville, Texas who lost their homes and for the Poor little 4 Year old Girl who slipped out of her mothers hand and drowned, also in Haltom City as well for those who lost their Homes and property! I hope all of you have a great week ahead and the best regards to your Loved ones and familys as well!

Old June 19th, 2007, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Had a nice walk this morning and hoping it'll rain here this afternoon.
Angela Z.
Old June 19th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Admiral

Good morning everybody, Have a nice day!!!
Old June 19th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny breezy cooler WI. It's gorgeous out there.

Bob, I heard the news this morning about the flooding and loss of life down there in Texas. So sad. I hope there isn't any more of that.

Not much going on around here. Just keeping busy with little stuff.

Phyll