Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2007, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Default Priceline question????????

I am in the process of booking our hotel for our upcoming trip to Tampa in August. I have never used Priceline but know that alot of people here have. I would greatly appreciate some expert advice as I have some questions.

1.) The info I found on the website states 2 people for the reservation. What if I have 3 people?

2.) Did you have any problems with the location of the hotel? Were you satisfied with the hotel chosen for you?

3.) When do you find out the hotel picked for you?

4.) What if you are not happy with the hotel after you find out which one it is? Can you cancel the reservation?

Any other information, opinions, advice and comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 10:53 AM
Admiral

Look at this page from priceline

http://tinyurl.com/38k3y7

It answers a lot of your questions, it is priceline FAQ on hotels.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old July 3rd, 2007, 11:38 AM
Admiral

Cheryl,,,, I always go to www.biddingfortravel.com and check out the going prices and which hotels have come up lately b/4 I start bidding. You can find out alot of good info at that site.

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old July 3rd, 2007, 01:24 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Cheryl:

Travelnut gave you the URL of the website that I use for information on Priceline.

I have used Priceline for over seven years and I have only been dissatisfied one time. That was the first time, when I had no idea of what I was doing.

I do suggest going to biddingfortravel and reading up on using Priceline but I will answer your question to the best of my ability.

1.) The info I found on the website states 2 people for the reservation. What if I have 3 people?

Priceline only guarantees that the room will be for two people: You can request a roll-away or two double or queen beds at check in. If a double room is available, most hotels will honor this request.

2.) Did you have any problems with the location of the hotel? Were you satisfied with the hotel chosen for you? This is where you need to use the biddingfortravel website and see what hotels are coming up and what hotels are rated for each star level. Most of the hotels have reviews or links to the hotel's website. Also the zones for different cities are quiet large so you may not be "near" where you want to be. That's why you need to know what hotels and star levels are coming up. I have always been satisfied with the hotels I've booked, considering what I paid for the hotel. I NEVER bid on anything less than a 2.5 star hotel.

3.) When do you find out the hotel picked for you? As soon as your bid is accepted.

4.) What if you are not happy with the hotel after you find out which one it is? Can you cancel the reservation? No: If your bid is accepted you are stuck with the hotel. That is why it's important to do research before you bid.

It isn't as scary as it sounds. I've probably booked close to fifty hotels in the last six years using Priceline and, as I said before, I've only been unhappy once.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 3rd, 2007, 04:08 PM
Admiral

Priceline now has an optional $5 insurance fee. Maybe this can be used if you are unsatisfied.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302