Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Admiral

Default Sizzlin' Tuesday

Good Morning!!! Today's headline in the Atlantic City Press is "SIZZLER" and they ain't talking about the steakhouse either. Once again the temps are going to flirt with 100.

We are having our usual outbreak of stupid tourists from Philly and NY (can Orkin spray for that? ). There are two exits from the Garden State Parkway to the Atlantic City Expressway, going north the first goes toward AC the second toward Philly. Here I am at 4:30am taking the exit toward AC to go catch my train, being a freeway to freeway exit it is high speed, suddenly a car with <suprise!!!> Pennsylvania plates is backing down becuase he exited too soon. I leaned on my horn swerved around him as he was making a totally unplanned detour through the grass and called 911 as there was a cop parked just south. Hope he threw the book at him. Gonna be a long summer on the road.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Newport, Rhode Island

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2007, 06:56 AM
Admiral

Hey Doug, you and I were posting at the same time. I'll relinguish mine because you have a pretty picture and I don't.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old July 10th, 2007, 06:59 AM
Admiral

Ok, I'm back. Houston is hot and humid with a good chance of thunderstorms. I won't see them because I'll be in bed all day asleep .

Isn't the allstar game tonight? All I want to see is Roy O and Carlos Lee. Go Astros!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old July 10th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Admiral

Good morning Doug, Michael and those to follow. Very foggy morning driving into work today. Another hot day in store for us.

My son survived his first day at his new job. He was very excited about it when I spoke to him last night. We'll see how long the excitement last when reality of "WORK" hits him.

Now that the kitchen is done, I am planning on redoing the dining room. This room needs it bad. It was the daycare playroom until I retired from daycare last summer.

Michael---yes I do believe the All Star game is tonight. Unfortunately I have to work.

Not much else going on.
Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old July 10th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Heavy rain consumed most of yesterday. More scheduled for today, tho' our chance of t-storms is higher.

Yesterday was very stressful - dd had a minor car accident, our insurance will go up -

DS and I finally came head to head about his continued relationship with his gf - he is miserable but it is easier to deal with her demands than break up with her and face her wrath and threats and tantrums.

My stress level is at an all time high, and unfortunately he was the last straw - so.... it has not been pleasant here, to say the least.

I'm trying to get everything done, and I don't seem to making great progress. I had thought I would have all my church work done by now, but now I'm shooting for Thursday.

Got the bloodwork out of the way yesterday, today is a doctor's appt. and leading a Bible Study, and work, and pick up the prescriptions I forgot at the pharmacy yesterday, and the groceries I forgot, due to all that was happening at home. I just can't seem to concentrate.

Doug - sorry about your tourist problems
Mike - sorry about your encounter with Pepe Lephew

Enjoy your day Mates
Old July 10th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it's not quite as sizzling as where Doug is, but certainly humid enough! We are hoping to take the kids to the water park today (not like an amusement park, just a local park with a neat array of sprinklers) That means changing 20 kids into bathing suits and sunscreening 20 little bodies.... Still, not as bad as snowsuits!

donna
Old July 10th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Get me an egg, and a sidewalk! Going to be a hot town, in the old town tonight! Aiden is coming and we will try and stay cool!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 10th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

We had temps hitting 96F in our area yesterday, so when it gets that hot, you know we are going to get t'storms. Well, a doozy hit last night, and blew down half of the tents we had set up at work for a facility picnic. All available hands are on deck to try and get thing back to normal before festivities start at 11:30. Glad I'm busy on another job!

It's going to be another hot one today (mid 90's), but it's supposed to get back around 80 by Thursday. That I can handle!

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old July 10th, 2007, 09:02 AM
Admiral

Good morning all.

You won't find any relief from the heat here in WI. It's probably cooler in FL. :-)

Mike, I hope you are doing better today. What a horrible experience you had with "Pepe" ! Only you could make that sound like a funny story.

RD, hope all went well at the doctors yesterday.

Doug, thanks for the picture. I love New England, and that picture brings back lots of good memories.

Have a good one all. I'm off to Curves.

Phyll
Old July 10th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Admiral

Good Morning from the tidewater of Va. where it's hot hot hot !!! 98 yesterday,,,same for today. Factor in the humidity and it's 115. Gotta love summer,,,I do !!!

Took of the latter part of last week to play and am paying for it now @ work. Jeezzz it's hard playing catch up. Might have it under control by the end of today,,,I hope.

Hope ya'll have a great Tuesday,,,,it is tuesday isn't it???

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old July 10th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Y'all should just head for Calgary, where skies are blue, humidity is low, and temps are heading to the 80s F.

Heading to a friend's golf club today to play somewhere new. Having home and home games....so Thursday we'll play at my club.

This unemployment hasn't been all that bad
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 10th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Default Sizzlin' Tuesday

A busy morning planned here, but I just wanted tol pop in and say good morning to everybody.
I'll check in later.

Judy
Old July 10th, 2007, 11:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

Beautiful Northern California will be in the mid 90's but with a breeze from the ocean it makes it very pleasant.
Old July 10th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hello Cruisemates!

It's been hot here! In the 90's the last few day. My pool water is more like bath water.

My countdown is getting closer. YEA! Our friends came over and we had a little excursion planning party! We are doing 2 ports with them and 2 without.

Now, we are all on the 20 pound challenge!

Take care!

Deni