Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Admiral

Default Pet Peeve is.....

ONE of mine is people who pull in front of you at an intersection at the last second then won't even drive the speed limit.

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Admiral

People who I KNOW would love a cruise, but won't give it a try because they are going to be "cooped up on that little boat, with absolutely nothing to do!"

Ken
Old July 12th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

People who chat with the person next to them during presentations. I'm the first to say, yes, half of these classes and powerpoints we sometimes have to attend for training are incredibly boring but the person who's presenting it at least deserves some respect and a quiet audience.
Angela Z.
Old July 12th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Admiral

Sitting home all day waiting on a repairman, only for the person to be a NO SHOW!!! Calling the company and the representative tell you that they can reschedule for NEXT WEDNESDAY!

Obviously, this isn't resolved, YET!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old July 12th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

People who go out of their way to be rude. It's like life is a game, and they didn't get the rule book.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 12th, 2007, 08:53 PM
Captain

Over the past years I've developed one and I suppose some will call me cheap or insensitive and that's not the case (I don't think)....It's the school kid, soccer kid, little league kid, band kid fund raiser stuff (junk for the most part). Candles, candy, cheese and sausage, raffels and on and on....The biggest part that I get sick of are the parents who bring the stuff to work for the kid and you are semi-obligated to buy something. Does this drive anyone else nuts but me??
Old July 12th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Mine has to do with cell phones...I hate when customers come into my store, and continue to talk.... also why do they talk so loud? Basically I think manners fly out the window, when the cell phone rings. There I said it!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 12th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Admiral

Today I have two because they happened today. 1. Fwy drivers who are stopped and don't/won't use their signals but change lanes into flowing traffic so I have to slam on my brakes. 2. Co-workers who call in sick the day before their vacation and don't have their work caught up, ERRR!!Thank goodness I got the promotion and only have 1 more week in this department.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old July 12th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Admiral

School zones where you try your best to stay within the speed limit and half the moms dropping their kids off or picking them up fly right by you totally unconcerned that 'you' are trying to help keep their kids safe.
GGGRRRRRR

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Old July 12th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Admiral

...Parents who don't name-label their kid's stuff, then get mad at us (teachers) because little Johnny lost his hat/sweater/boots/shoes/underwear/socks/mittens/bathing suit/towel/favourite toy etc. etc. There are 80 kids in the daycare, they have alot of stuff the same, would it kill them to write their kid's name??

donna
Old July 12th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

Pet peeve...............pets in the house, crooked frames on the wall, toilet tissue has to go OVER the top not behind the roll, toilet seats down, leaving dirty dishes in the sink.......and I absolutely hate it when my daughters "borrow" my things and I never see them again!

Melody
Old July 12th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Admiral

People who complain about how rough they have in life. If fact they have some great things in life. Great kids, 2 incomes, a M/H to play in, a motorcylce to ride, a jeep to play in and another truck to work in. A house to live in, food on the table, ect, ect. Oh wait, I just described my BF. Drive me crazy sometimes.........

Need some cruise help?
Old July 12th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Admiral

people who do nothing but Beyotch; gripe, moan and complain; just thing of all the useful and productive things they could do instead
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old July 12th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

I'll keep my pet peeve related to CM posts. People who know everything about all subjects and are always correcting others on CruiseMates.
Old July 13th, 2007, 02:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

My pet peeve is people who don't deliver what they promise.
An example :
If I order something, and it's going to take 3 weeks, tell me that, don't tell me it's a week just to close the sale.

Same rule applies to more personal things.... deliver what you promise, don't deliver excuses.
Old July 13th, 2007, 03:37 AM
Admiral

I went to "The Matrix 3" a few years ago and there was a group of teenagers seated behind me that quite frankly should have been in School at that time.

They were talking, texting, taking cellphone calls and kicking the back of my seat during the previews.

I turned around and told them to shut the #$%^ up or get out!!!!

I then enjoyed the the whole movie in peace and quiet.

Celebrity Constellation November 2010

TALLY HO!!!
Chin Chin and all that!
Old July 13th, 2007, 04:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I have to agree with Ready2Board. Moms that bring the items that their child is supposed to sell child to work to sell. Girl Scout Cookies seem to stand out for me. As a kid I sold GS cookies. I went door to door and sold them myself. I did not sell as many as the kids who had their Moms do it but I did it myself.
This one is going to seem heartless but every day I see the same persons standing on the same corners with signs begging for money. If they were really interested in making a better life then that time could be better spent working at a job. Since they always seem to be clean and well groomed I suspect they are not homeless but earn more begging than I earn.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 13th, 2007, 06:32 AM
Admiral

People who find it absolutely impossible to order something off the menu without making a special request for everything. "I'll have the sirloin steak; with melted butter and grilled onions and mushrooms on top, and I'll have a salad but I want leaf lettuce instead of iceberg; and I'll have the cheese cake but can you put 6 marachino cherries on the side and microwave it for 19 seconds to warm it?"

Regards,
Thomas
Old July 13th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Well a lot of things really tick me off - one that really makes me mad is when I am shopping in a shop and the employees are either arguing or complaining...when I am shopping I don't want to hear this stuff. I want it to be a nice experience, not listening to angry voices, people being reprimanded, insolence or sarcasm. Keep that for when there are no customers or there is a third employee and the two with the issue can go in the back.

Last week I was in a women's shop in the Mall - I even had stuff I was going to purchase. Then an incident broke out. The manager asked an employee to work on a certain display. The girl said she didn't want to do that she was going to work on such and such. The manager said, "no - that one is complete, we need you to do this." The girl refused, then went out back to do what she wanted, then the manger rushed passed me - almost at a run, sorta shreiking - "What are you doing..." I took that as my cue to set down my stuff and leave.

Then in the next store two female shoppers were very loudly discussing how they manipulate their husbands, so I left as it was truly embarrassing.

I guess people just have forgotten how to behave in public...
Old July 13th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Mine? People who have pet peeves.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old July 13th, 2007, 09:25 AM
Admiral

That a Big Mac costs considerably more here than it does in the USA.

Also wildly fluctuating gasoline pricing. When the crude is loaded on the ship, THAT is what it should cost. Period. So we know the next shipment will cost more when it gets here, not the next fill-up....

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008
Old July 13th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

My pet peves...
Kids crying & making a big fuss at a restruant, or movie.
Smokers who blow smoke your way Grrrrrr
anyone driving in the fast lane, talking on a cell phone and driving slow.
People who use the 10 items or less check out and have a full basket.
Thats mine
Carole 8)
Old July 13th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Admiral

here's one you probably haven't heard but one of my major pet peeves is doors that shouldn't be or you don't expect to be locked and they are. example is I am doing yard work and going in and out of the house. at some point my wife, in the middle of very safe, beautiful, day in our development that is patrolled by wackenhut and all gates have manned security, locks the front door. She sees me outside working, she knows all the beer is in the fridge and she locks the door. As I go to open it I pull and start to walk and nearly slam my face in the door. She also does it with the car. The same thing happens at work. we have security code locks on all our outer doors. why for god sake do doors inside the building have to be locked?
I thought this was an original pet peeve, the others have been pretty universal although the one about kids crying in restaurants wasn't right in my mind. they are human beings too.
Old July 13th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

People who sit in a designated smoking area but then complain about the cigarette smoke. I'am a non-smoker but have friends who smoke so when I play BINGO, I sit in the smoking room. It never seems to fail that there will be at least one person in there that is complaining when they could have easily just sat in non-smoking.

Cell phones - what else, but not only cell phones but the wireless gizmos that they have in their ear which makes people look like they are talking either to you or to themselves.
Old July 13th, 2007, 09:30 PM
Admiral

In a LONG check out line and the person stands around talking to the cashier as if no one else is around.

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Old July 13th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougR.
Mine? People who have pet peeves.
So we are all your pet peeve ?

Interesting

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Old July 13th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_G
In a LONG check out line and the person stands around talking to the cashier as if no one else is around.
to tag onto this one how bout that same women who stands there waiting and then finally the cashier say "that'll be 25 dollars" the woman goes "ohh" like shes surprised, then decides to go fishing in her purse as if she didn't even know she had to pay. God that pisses me off. I am like "lady you know you got to pay get your money out while they are checking your stuff!!! Its usually this time they start the convo with the teller :evil: but then what happens?? oh of course she has to write a check :evil: :evil: :evil:
Old July 13th, 2007, 11:09 PM
Admiral

One of ours:

People who wait until the sales person has added up their totals and THEN the customer searches her purse for her check book and pen...then opennnnnnnns ittttttttt and finds a blank check and then begin writing!

This usually happens when we are running late...or there is a long line and we've been waiting for a while. Murphy's law I guess.
Old July 13th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuedad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_G
to tag onto this one how bout that same women who stands there waiting and then finally the cashier say "that'll be 25 dollars" the woman goes "ohh" like shes surprised, then decides to go fishing in her purse as if she didn't even know she had to pay. God that pisses me off. I am like "lady you know you got to pay get your money out while they are checking your stuff!!! Its usually this time they start the convo with the teller :evil: but then what happens?? oh of course she has to write a check :evil: :evil: :evil:
Yeppie, or wait in line for 15 minutes then the cashier goes to lunch or they open up the line next to you and everyone behind you gets checked out before you do. That is mostly Wally World.

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Old July 13th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Admiral

( 1 ) I agree with Trip re/cell phones. They have their place and that place is not in a store or an office, such as a Dr's office. Tuesday I was waiting on my Dr. apt. and there was a young lady pacing back and forth in the waiting room on her cell and believe it or not, a second cell in her purse started ringing-- so, what did she do--- paced back and forth with TWO cells until the office manager told her to hang up or go outside.
Sometimes on holidays I help out in the jewelry store my wife runs. It's not uncommon for people to come into the store on their phone, look around while chatting and when they want to see something, snap their fingers at you and point at the item. I always shake my head no-- and advise that when they get off the phone , I will help them.

( 2) another real peeve is when you are on shore tours on a bus or van--- people who won't keep their original seat. You get on, everyone has a seat and when you get off for whatever, then re-board, someone has gotten the wrong seat, thus making everyone else have to shift around. I've seen some folks nearly come to blows over this. Keep your original seat for goodness sakes.