Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Admiral

Default It's Friday good morning!!!!

Good morning from the sunshine state. It's still night here lol My computer crashed so I had to go and finally buy a new one.The old one was way old Right now I am downloading security stuff on it.
Everybody is glad I finally gave in, its a notebook too! I feel so fancy

Today on friday I have to run to the post office and mail some checks out. One is for our vacation home in Rhode Island for September. Today our temps reached 112, 5 degree now thats crazy! Can't wait to go back up north!

Everyone have a wonderful friday, be blessed! Oh btw my Fl homeowners insurance dropped $600!! Now thats great news< we shopped around> Not so bad after all here in the muggy, buggy state
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

Morning! I'm glad it's Friday somewhere! It's still Thursday here for another hour and fifteen minutes, so I'm going to go to bed! Friday is my only day off, so I intend to sleep a little later than the normal 4:30 am, then I'm going to get the laundry done and pack for my weekend job!

Later,
Melody
Old July 13th, 2007, 03:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning From Lakeland FL. Last day to work for this week. I am hoping I do not get asked to work over tonight. I want to start out early tomorrow and explore the Clearwater St Pete area. It is fun getting to know a new area, so much to see!! Looks like another warm one in store for us today. Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 13th, 2007, 05:22 AM
Admiral

Morning all from the North Florida where it's much cooler! It's only in the mid 90's.

So for all those who ever wished you owned a restaurant......... Tuesday my manager/chef had to go out of state to take care of his ailing mother, our second cook had to leave town to care for a relative who had been rushed to the hospital, the call in cook couldn't come until after 6:00, a vital piece of kitchen equipment broke down, my seafood purveyor didn't show until after we opened, some kid was swinging on the bathroom door and broke it off the hinges, a customer demanded we make something for him which was not on the menu nor had we ever done it in the past.

Today is Friday and we might have to cook for 300 people with only 1/2 of the cooking staff. Boy is it going to be ugly. That is why I'm up at 4:30 a.m. ! ! !

Regards,
Thomas
Old July 13th, 2007, 06:38 AM
Admiral

Good morning all! I concur, TGIF! Thomas, I wish you luck this weekend! I hope things get back to normal very soon for you. When I woke up this morning, I decided it would be a great day to take a half a day vacation. I'm going to leave here and go to Matt's new house and get the living room and dining room floors stained. Then tomorrow and Sunday I can get the two necessary coats of poly applied. And before you know it, they will be able to move in. It looks like it might be a rainy weekend in the "Burgh"....so, I won't mind being over his house so much! I do have to say that my house has definitely been neglected over the last month or so. I hope you all have a great day and weekend.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old July 13th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Admiral

My goodness, you guys are early birds today! Ina rush to get to the weekend?

Well, it's dull and gray here in Montreal this morning, with a 60% chance of thundershowers. We have spent so much time outside the daycare, it will be hard to be stuck inside today!

Tonight I am packing for a weekend trip out of town. "The 3 Amigos" are getting together for a girls' weekend of wine, women, and gossip!

Thomas, poor you, I wish you luck this weekend!

donna
Old July 13th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

We just had a t-storm roll thru, dumping some more unneeded rain. RollerDonna and I are locked in the same weather pattern.

Never did get any of my at home paperwork done yesterday. Now I'm truly behind. Also have to go back into the office again today. Was waiting on someone to give me some information, and it didn't come til late last night, now I have to go take care of it. Will have to go in on Monday again also, plus have at least a days work to do here. I just can't seem to get a handle on it all.

After I drop dd off at work and then go to work I have to pick up all the ingredients for things I need to make the things I have to bring to my sil's bridal shower tomorrow - which ended up being quite a bit, while my other sil choose all the things that could be ordered from the store

Then I have to lead a Bible Study this afternoon - this will be the last one until after I have recovered sufficiently from the surgery. I really don't know how I can get everything done in five days, all things that have to be complete, plus somehow get the house stocked with groceries and cleaned. I need some magical elves.

Enough whining and onto my list...

Thomas...wow - you are in a bind. I hope somehow it all just comes together and works out well
ML - you are such a hard worker. I bet your ds and dil are anxious to be in and settled
RD - enjoy your girlfriend time!

Stay safe and happy all,
Old July 13th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Good morning all!!! Day off here, but plenty to do including sawing up the 4 trees I cut down last weekend.

Thomas- Maybe you can call for some take out?

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Middle School Steel Drum Band, Havensight, St Thomas

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old July 13th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

We had a pleasant surprise thie morning when we awoke to the sun just peeking over the horizon. It was supposed to rain today, but now they changed the forecast to partly sunny. The humidity os low too, so it's a perfect day.

Not much on tap for this weekend, just some yard work. Maybe we will check out the new SUV's for DW on Sunday when all the salesmen are gone.

Have a great day and a fabulous weekend!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old July 13th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Default It's Friday! Good Morning!

Good morning from sunny Southern California. Temps are ratcheting up.

Boy, Thomas, you have a dilemma! I hope it works out.

Gym day for Keith. My arm is so much better, I'm thinking of bailing out of physical therapy.

Have a good day, all.

Judy