Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 15th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Pre-Cruise Annoucment - Adventure of the Seas Dec 9th 2007

Hello,Hello,Hello!

Edward here saying that me and Mrs. Ed booked the Adventure of the Seas December 9th 2007. We've got about $1,000 off from the rooms. It's a southern cruise, maybe our 5th or 6th time in the Southern. Here's our itinerary:

09-Dec San Juan, Puerto Rico 10-Dec Cruising
11-Dec Oranjestad, Aruba
12-Dec Willemstad, Curacao
13-Dec Cruising
14-Dec Philipsburg, St. Maarten
15-Dec Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
16-Dec San Juan, Puerto Rico

This time we've decided to take my Daughter, Son-in-law, and Grandson. we've gotten them a D-1 Cabin instead of a Grand Suite like ours

Here's an update to give you an overview:

Edward: 40 Cruises - 3 Carnival, 4 Princess, 2 Norwegian, 1 Cunard, 30 Royal Caribbean International

Mrs. Ed: 32 Cruises - 18 Carnival, 1 Princess, 1 Cunard, 12 Royal Caribbean International

My Daughter: 11 Cruises - 1 Carnival, 10 Royal Caribbean International

Son-in-law: 1 Cruise - 1 Norwegian

My Grandson: 5 Cruises - 5 Royal Caribbean International

Any comments or what, you can ask me here.
R.I.P.
Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Since you mentioned (asking questions), Ed

This weekend I was talking to my DIL about what we want to book for next cruise. We were discussing a Southern Caribbean. She has a great uncle that lives in San Juan, so we could extend our pre- or post- cruise by a few days.

We were looking at itineraries -- the one you booked and another one that includes St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Lucia, and Barbados.

Any suggestions, since this will be our first Southern Caribbean cruise? We will probably book Royal Caribbean.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old July 16th, 2007, 09:54 AM
Cruise Maniac

Well, I'd say that you should extent your vacation after the cruise so even after you get off the ship, you will have something else to look forward to besides home, *Also the airfare is cheaper everyday besides Sunday*

Because this will be your first Southern Caribbean, I'd suggest St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Lucia, and Barbados on the Adventure because not only do you go to more islands, In my opinion, Barbados, St. Lucia, and Antigua are better than CuraƧao *in shopping, Shore Tours, amount of time you spend there* and Aruba, mostly because it's just a small hotel area then it drops off into this weird Moonscape with no one anywhere else than the Hotel District.

Also, If you do book it, You will find it ALOT more fun as the Eastern and Western.
R.I.P.
Old July 16th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Thanks, Ed, I'll keep that in mind! I've really been wanting to do a Southern Caribbean cruise. We will probably book in January. Let me finish paying for the cruises I have booked, first!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13