Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 24th, 2007, 06:33 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Stuff

Good Morning!!! In the mornings I have a little radio that I attach to my belt and listen to the news while I am walking from the train to work. As I was leaving the train I was putting my earbuds in and a lady remarked, rather irritated for whatever reason known to her alone, "Can't you people do without your ipods for one minute???" That is why I said in the pet peeve thread that my pet peeve is people who have pet peeves.

Everyone have a great day!!!

Marj and the Jackass, St Thomas with Donkey in Picture also

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Sponsored Links
Old July 24th, 2007, 07:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Shame on you Doug for trying to stay connected to the world!
Angela Z.
Old July 24th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

I've missed posting the last few days, but I'm back today. We had a nice rain yesterday afternoon to soak the garden, but I'm hoping the rain holds off today so that I can mow my lawn. It's looking pretty shaggy!

Not much going on today. so...

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old July 24th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it's started out a lovely day, but is supposed to be showers this afternoon. Oh well, good for the garden....

Doug, I also "plug in" on the commuter train. My choice of music, and it drowns out the noise of obnoxious teens, and arrogant people shouting into their cell phones..... yes, that's MY pet peeve!

donna
Old July 24th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Admiral

So, the ass makes another cameo eh?

It is my off day as soon as I get out of here... 10 minutes. I have school studies to do and that's about it. Have a great day friends!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old July 24th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Yep: There are a lot of people out there that are bothered by things other people do, even though they have no effect on them. There are a lot of pet peeves that reflect that. Someone listening to ipods, talking on a cell phone (even when you "can only be seen and not heard"), wearing a wireless headset, smoking in a designated smoking area, using a computer in a wireless area. I've had people comment to me or say they it bothered them (and not just the smoking) for all those things. I'm no longer nice in those situations. :evil:

On a more positive note: It's a hot and very humid morning in the land of 10,000 perspiration droplets. We do need some rain, lawns have gone dormant and I'm about ready to cut back my watering or my electric bill will be sky high from running the pump.

Nothing major on the agenda for today. I hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 24th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............the humidity has finally left us.......very unusual for us to have any.......back into the 80's & no humidity......yeah!!!!!

Had a great dinner out last night for our anniversary.......missed everyone is chat.......will try & make it tonight.......

Y'all have a good Tuesday............

Sharon
Old July 24th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates Yesterday I had to go to the doctor and had my earwax removed. My left ear had totally shut down and the wax removal at home did not cut it. It was a painless procedure and now I can hear

Doug, I love my i-pod! My dh gave me one as a gift for my birthday and I am proud to say I know how to use it now!

Today is a slow day. I am thinking to start cleaning out our drawers in the kitchen. Maybe not !

In a month we are heading back up orth for a weeks vacation , can't wait! I do miss Rhode Island a lot and wonder why we ever moved to Florida. Oh well I guess we can have the best of both worlds so to speak.

Have a wonderful day mates!
Old July 24th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Admiral

Morning mates,,,
Nothing much going on here in the tidewater of Va. Weather is gorgeous,,,low humidity which is very unusual for this time of year. But we are not complaining.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old July 24th, 2007, 10:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sunny and pleasant temps in the 70s F for Calgary, though it's supposed to start heating up again tomorrow and through the week.

The house is pretty much deskunked, though ya get the odd wiffff in the oddest spots. Will try and track those down today and eradicate.

Took my father over to the hospital this morning. Drs. scheduled him for a blood transfusion. Now I'll just wait until he calls that he's done. Hopefully he'll feel a bit better when he's done and I can take him out for lunch.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 24th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday Stuff

Good morning from a hot and sticky Southern California. No wet stuff so far, but the humidity is supposed to be around til Thursday.

I am ailing . . . a VERY unhappy stomach for the last four days or so. I will give up and call the doctor this morning.

Have a good olne, people!

Judy
Old July 24th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon to everyone , off to work this afternoon. time to
make the donuts!