Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Admiral

I need some walls painted...

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old July 27th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Admiral

HAHAHA Everyone get their list out...

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old July 27th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Admiral

Y'all know I always have a Honey Do list! C'mon down, Bobby! I can keep you busy!

Michael, give Nancy a call. Also, just get on the internet and see what kind of deal you can find for that cruise. You may be able to find it cheaper!

Martha, I sure hope you get to feeling better. I hate to see a weekend go to waste! If I were there, I would bring you some Chicken Soup!

DH went with me to the bank! JUST BEAT ME! He suffers from ADHD at times. I looked at the bank manager and reminded her why I usually come in there M - Th! She just smiled. I think we are going to go to Moody Gardens and see what is happening, since we bought a season pass.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old July 27th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Admiral

aaaaachhh Choo! this bug I have is now a head cold - ugggh - can't breath - so I hope like heck it will be gone tomorrow - gotta celebrate!!!! Erik's deal is done!!!!! big brick off our shoulders yeah!

hey Bobby G and James; seems like you too could team up and get a lot of Honey Do' lists done....

Here is mine:
replace sink faucet (kitchen);
finish Pergo floors master bedroom and hallway;
paint bedroom; hang wood blinds in the bedroom;
reseal the grout in kitchen living room and den;
replace "metal" ceiling fans with wooden blades/hugger fans, so as not to injure theyself;
and the big one that I got to find the money for: tear up concrete drive and walkway and replace with pavers, before someone (Me ) breaks their foot on the pavement as it is lifted in sections and has a big "toe stubber" in a couple of spots.
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old July 27th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Admiral

Maybe you should just remove the ceiling fans altogether and pay for the air conditioner. Oh, you don't have one, that's right! . I do recall your escapades with the ceiling fans.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old July 27th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by msblackjack
aaaaachhh Choo! this bug I have is now a head cold - ugggh - can't breath - so I hope like heck it will be gone tomorrow - gotta celebrate!!!! Erik's deal is done!!!!! big brick off our shoulders yeah!

hey Bobby G and James; seems like you too could team up and get a lot of Honey Do' lists done....

Here is mine:
replace sink faucet (kitchen);
finish Pergo floors master bedroom and hallway;
paint bedroom; hang wood blinds in the bedroom;
reseal the grout in kitchen living room and den;
replace "metal" ceiling fans with wooden blades/hugger fans, so as not to injure theyself;
and the big one that I got to find the money for: tear up concrete drive and walkway and replace with pavers, before someone (Me ) breaks their foot on the pavement as it is lifted in sections and has a big "toe stubber" in a couple of spots.
Martha,
No problem,be there as soon as I get done here with everything!
Old July 27th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk
Maybe you should just remove the ceiling fans altogether and pay for the air conditioner. Oh, you don't have one, that's right! . I do recall your escapades with the ceiling fans.
- everyone has to have a story like that - at least if I get the ceiling fans that fit close to the ceiling instead of dropping down 2 feet from the ceiling - I won't have to worry anymore . telling the name of the fan is the Carribbean Breeze; four METAL blades, you can't even purchase these fans because they are so dangerous . I had 5 in the house when I bought it; I only have two left; the one in the kitchen and bedroom -

the kitchen one has shortened a couple of mop handles
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old July 27th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dina
I was going to say... you are a busy guy.. hehehehe
Yeah, all of a sudden, being retired is wearin' me out.

Oh well, it is for the right reason.

You ladies get your lists organized, and I guess I'll just have to start south when I finish around here. But I don't work cheap ya know.

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Old July 28th, 2007, 01:17 AM
Admiral

You saying, Bob, that you aren't cheap but, you're not expensive either??

Old July 28th, 2007, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone -
Mehawk - wonder if Bobby G was going to barter his services

cough, hack - still have this darn sickness - definetly not 100% yet, but I am going to try to go out tonight -
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old July 28th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_G
Quote:
Originally Posted by dina
I was going to say... you are a busy guy.. hehehehe
Yeah, all of a sudden, being retired is wearin' me out.

Oh well, it is for the right reason.

You ladies get your lists organized, and I guess I'll just have to start south when I finish around here. But I don't work cheap ya know.
hahaha I'm thinking a few drinks by the pool served by me in a bikini. Will that work?

Old July 28th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Good morning everyone -
Mehawk - wonder if Bobby G was going to barter his services

cough, hack - still have this darn sickness - definetly not 100% yet, but I am going to try to go out tonight -
You get better and have a great time tonight.

Old July 28th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

dina,
Drinks by the pool,served by you,now that's a thought that would warm an old man's heart!

mehawk,
Feeling any better?

Martha,Take 2 tylenol and call me for a complete checkup!

ready,
Good Morning,hope you are feeling better too!

Bobby G,
Ain't retirement grand?
Old July 28th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Admiral

dina,
Drinks by the pool,served by you,now that's a thought that would warm an old man's heart!

mehawk,
Feeling any better?

Martha,Take 2 tylenol and call me for a complete checkup!

ready,
Good Morning,hope you are feeling better too!

Bobby G,
Ain't retirement grand?
Old July 28th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Admiral

I think what Bobby was saying is that he's not cheap, but he can be had! BTW, I'm in the south! Me first, me first! I set my sign out by the road to start making some money. (Lemonade sign, of course )

Martha, I'm glad one of those bricks has been removed from your shoulders. Now get to feeling better so you can celebrate properly!

Had a good day yesterday with DH. Moody Gardens is a nice place to wander around. Today we are going to a seminar, put on by DH's employer, for those looking to retire soon. It is at South Shore Harbor, which is very nice. If the weather isn't too bad, we will spend the rest of the day in the Clear Lake area.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old July 28th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Admiral

hey all ----- I forgot to tell you my funny - well not so funny story for the day - I've been trying to save money - translation I am broke - so some things I have had to let go or do myself - well household repairs I can handle .oil changes I can handle but

coloring my hair - hmmmmm - maybe I should have NOT tried doing that myself - so at the moment I gotta little punk rock going on - (I can always wear a hat (( -

Darlene - you know what they say about clear lakes - keep your clothes on ..... so you have a Clear Lake - do you also have an UnClear Lake ??

James - I will take 2 of something else - 2 shots of brandy perhaps - and let you know how that works...

Bobby G & Dina: okay Darlene called it - Bobby can be had - Dina figured it how - however, I don't think it would be safe - the man has to pay attention to his work - he could get hurt - well - since he isn't here to volunteer himself - Rescue would probably say: I will be there in case of injury
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old July 28th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Admiral

Quote:
hey all ----- I forgot to tell you my funny - well not so funny story for the day - I've been trying to save money - translation I am broke - so some things I have had to let go or do myself - well household repairs I can handle .oil changes I can handle but

coloring my hair - hmmmmm - maybe I should have NOT tried doing that myself - so at the moment I gotta little punk rock going on - (I can always wear a hat (( -

Darlene - you know what they say about clear lakes - keep your clothes on ..... so you have a Clear Lake - do you also have an UnClear Lake ??

James - I will take 2 of something else - 2 shots of brandy perhaps - and let you know how that works...

Bobby G & Dina: okay Darlene called it - Bobby can be had - Dina figured it how - however, I don't think it would be safe - the man has to pay attention to his work - he could get hurt - well - since he isn't here to volunteer himself - Rescue would probably say: I will be there in case of injury
Martha,
2 shots of Brandy sounds good to me!
Old July 28th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Admiral

Yes, I am feeling better, at least emotionally. I am going to try to get back into uniform next month and I'll feel better then. I tried it on yesterday and it still fits . I have second jobs lined up already if all falls into place. If all falls ok, I'll be back at earning 11 Grrr per month and I'll be stashing it away for cruising. Since I don't have any credit card debt, I'll be doing very well.

Old July 28th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Admiral

Mehawk - I suppose it all depends on what the ladies consider 'cheap' huh ?
Martha - Bartering always makes winners on both ends.
Darlene - Lemonade huh ? Who does the 'squeezin' ?
James - Retirement IS grand at least we have the luxury of time to do all these things, right ?
Dina - Guess I will have to go north first while it's still pool weather. Drinks by the pool in a bikini enjoying the Tetons, WOW, that's a great start for sure.

Valor 2008
Triumph 2006
Fantasy 2004
Pride 2002
Imperial Maj 2001
Carnivalle 1994
Couple forgotten
Old July 28th, 2007, 05:26 PM
Admiral

Hey Michael why don't you take one of those side jobs the other cops do like sit on the side of the road in their car while road crews are working???
Old July 28th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Admiral

rescue,
How's your days going,still hard at it I bet!
Old July 28th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Admiral

I can't do that, Joe. I think of myself in a better light. The only reason I was in my car that fateful night was because I needed the car close because of the emergency signals on it. Speaking of that night... 8 more hours for me and it will be the anniversary of the mishap. I will not sleep very well tonight.

Old July 28th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Admiral

Start your night out with a few coctails then my friend!

Yes James working a ton cause you know I got a cruise coming up I need to pay for. My goal is to sit by the pool and have the usual never ending supply of waiters who ask if you want a drink to keep me well supplied with Long Island ice teas! Plus, as usual, I have in-laws coming into town which equates to me having to get the house ready if you know what I mean? can you say slave labor? I have recently taken on the new nickname Kunta Kinte!
Old July 28th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Yes, I am feeling better, at least emotionally. I am going to try to get back into uniform next month and I'll feel better then. I tried it on yesterday and it still fits . I have second jobs lined up already if all falls into place. If all falls ok, I'll be back at earning 11 Grrr per month and I'll be stashing it away for cruising. Since I don't have any credit card debt, I'll be doing very well.
Fantastic news Michael... I wouldn't mind seeing you in your uniform. I've always been a sucker for a man in uniform. hehehe

Old July 28th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Admiral

Quote:
I can't do that, Joe. I think of myself in a better light. The only reason I was in my car that fateful night was because I needed the car close because of the emergency signals on it. Speaking of that night... 8 more hours for me and it will be the anniversary of the mishap. I will not sleep very well tonight.
Well I'm here if you feel like talking...

Old July 28th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuedad
Start your night out with a few coctails then my friend!

Yes James working a ton cause you know I got a cruise coming up I need to pay for. My goal is to sit by the pool and have the usual never ending supply of waiters who ask if you want a drink to keep me well supplied with Long Island ice teas! Plus, as usual, I have in-laws coming into town which equates to me having to get the house ready if you know what I mean? can you say slave labor? I have recently taken on the new nickname Kunta Kinte!
Well I'm drinking wine tonight and had a fantastic dinner..

Joe.. I know how that is.. done with that.

Old July 28th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Admiral

Michael, I'm glad that you are getting back to the routine you remember. That is good! One year anniversary, huh? WOW! I didn't realize that the accident happened in the summer. And yes, uniforms are a nice touch! You've come a long way!

I had to think too much today. The seminar was really good. The DH's compary hired a company to provide financial planning to those close to retirement. Every month or so someone is putting on a "seminar" as a disguise to try to sell you something. This company is there strictly to answer questions and give you non-biased advice. Not bad. But my brain in hurtin!

Bobby, I'm probably going to need help with the squeezin'

Joe, in-laws are coming AGAIN? Weren't they just there? Mercy! It's your own fault, you put in that oasis in the back yard.

James, retirement is good, indeed! DH asked me to do something, and I reminded him that he asked me to do that job 2 weeks prior. I wanted him to know that I wasn't ignoring him, I just didn't want to do it!

I guess Walter is either on the high seas or getting ready to board. *sigh* Wish I were on a ship.

Kuki has made mention that they will probably have a group cruise to Alaska next year. I'm hoping to book that one!
Mariner of the Seas

Old July 28th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Admiral

Hi Darlene...

Yep. Walter is on his cruise right now.. Good for them...

Here's me today sipping wine with my friend Nancy.. Yeah.. I know kind of fuzzy but hey... its a pic none the less. And here's the floor mat going into her boat. HAHAHAHAHA You can tell she's my friend.

Old July 29th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Carolin

Yep, You two look like you could get into LOTS of trouble! You know, wine can leave you a little fuzzy. It's still a great picture. Does she know what you're thinking before you say anything? Love the mat! It is right up there with "It's 5:00 o'clock somewhere!"

It won't be long before I'll be stepping aboard the Conquest! Yeeeaaaaaaa!
Mariner of the Seas

Old July 29th, 2007, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Good morning Darlene...

I should have wiped the lens on my phone so it wasn't fuzzy.. go figure. HAHAHA We sat there with her other boating friends watching the boat traffic and enjoyed the afternoon. We're trouble together. HAHAHA

I KNOW.. I hope I'll be able to put a countdown clock on mine soon.

Closed Thread