Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 30th, 2007, 02:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default Good Morning It's Monday July 30th

Good morning from Nurnberg Germany where it is a beautiful, cool, sunny day.

One of the best things about our stay in the breakfast in the morning. It was included in our room rate, so it is nice to go and eat as much as you want, and have so many things to choose from. Because it is a Holiday Inn and caters to both Europeans as well as Americans, they serve both breakfast wishes. It is buffet, and you could eat something different each day, and not have the same thing twice.

It reminds me of the formal dinning room on the ship. Lots of cloth, and china.

The negative is because we are extended stay, we are only allowed housekeeping twice a week. We were not aware of this until we went two days without seeing anyone. The trash was getting a bit full. Now I know what to expect, and all is well.

This motel is only two years old, so everything is nice and new, including marble bathrooms, with a tub and shower.

Last night was a big celebration for the soccer win for Iraq, and the soccer win for this area in another contest. The streets were full of car horns and people have a bit of the drink to celebrate.

Last night I wanted American for dinner, so we decided on KFC. We have both a KFC and McDonald's within walking distance, but have yet to need MC D.

Jim is doing well in his work, but we will soon have to move when the military begins their move. Our next stop will be Baumholder, which is North West of here, and so close to France, that on the hills, you are able to see both countries.

This will be an area that I will most look forward to exploring, because it is an area that I have never lived.

I wish all of you a wonderful day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2007, 03:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning Luanne and Jim! I thought you might be up earlier but I see it was after 7 am when you posted, local time. It's almost 2 am here, local TEXAS time! I am happy to see you are having a great time and I wish you both, safe trails, on the way back home!

Here, in Space City, USA, it has a chance of rain, like we haven't had enough, and the temps are creeping into the low 90'sF now. I'm not complaining though. Temps are usually in the upper 90's, by now.

Have a great day Cruisemates' friends.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old July 30th, 2007, 06:38 AM
Admiral

Good Morning all!!!! Twas a rainy dreary Sunday in South Jersey so we spent most of the days inside cleaning up . We did manage to get a little hot tub time in during the evening.

Hope everyone has a great day and here is somthing yummy to start the week off:

Choclate Covered Strawberries, Caribbean Princess

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old July 30th, 2007, 06:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where I've decided I'd rather be with Luanne instead of going to Sanford this morning and Doug's strawberries would be a great snack....oh well.....off to Sanford and will probably have some pretzels for a snack later...
Angela Z.
Old July 30th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Admiral

Ooohh, Doug. I love those but they are sooo sweet.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old July 30th, 2007, 08:05 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

The fog is starting to burn off, and it's going to be another hot day in Western NY. We never did get much rain this weekend, so I'm going to get the hose out to water the garden. With mid 80's today and 90's the next two days, the veggies are going to be screaming for water.

It was too hot to do much outside this weekend, so I started cleaning out the cellar. Maybe I'll just call it a rearranging of the cellar. As soon as I start thowing things out, DW will be happy, but as soon as I throw something out, I'll need it the next day.

I hope it's going to be an uneventful day here at work. I need a break.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old July 30th, 2007, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where the July heat wave continues.... 8)
It looks like we're in for a whole week of temperatures in the low 30'sC (or high 80'sF). Which means lots of outdoor time and wading pools for us at work!
This morning, Emma's "boyfriend" is coming over to spend the week while his family is on vacation. Having 2 large dogs in the house will be a bit crowded, but they enjoy each other's company so much, I don't mind.

Have a good Monday everyone!

donna
Old July 30th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Admiral

Good morning from the sunshine state. Luanne I wold never eat KFC in Germany! The german food is too good to pass!
Today was an arcticle in the news that the FDA wants to approve cloned meat for every household. A>I will become a vegeterian,B> move out of the USA or C> just eat organic meat. Choices, choices

The next 2 weeks will be very busy for me with bringing teenagers to places. Our middle daughter will get her High School diploma in 2 month so we are happy. She is looking into college classes right here in town plus workig. We went to Blizzard Beach in saturday and had a lot of fun. It was crowded thats for sure.

Luanne have fun in my homeland....eat a Kuchen for me , drink a cold dark beer and eat lots of Brotchen for me too!

Be blessed mates!
Old July 30th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
I woke up to the biggest crack of thuunder I have ever heard! It was around 6:30 and the rain was falling, it was dark and steamy. A sultry rain forest kinda morning.....I went back to sleep, and woke up to sun...

Not much going on, I have a show coming up in Septemebr, so I need to get my beading fingers going..I decided I will put my summer stock all on sale for $25.00 an item. Blow it all out, [hopefully] for the Conquest cruise, which will be 2 days later;)

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 30th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............sunshine & mid 70's for today.......I can handle that..........

Not much going on today.....it's MOnday soooooo......laundry.....yuck......

Y'all have a good Monday........

Sharon
Old July 30th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Captain

good moring everyone from central il sunny and hot again today
just the normal things today cleaing house and looking for a job
hope you all have a good day
Old July 30th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning It's Monday, July 30

Good morning from Southern California. Luanne, you're having an interesting time. Good!

I am having foot surgery done this morning, nothing so serious as what VtJen has had done, but unplesant all the same.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old July 30th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to mteague

Good Morning!

The weather guy has predicted sunny, hot, wet weather today! I'm not sure which I will get. It doesn't really matter because I'm stuck in the office today, typing reports until 5. I brought my lunch....cajun boudin and crackers YUM YUM! so I won't be leaving the office at noon.

I've asked to have this coming weekend off. Let's see if it happens!

BTW, the tropics are heating up. A disturbance by the Bahamas and something brewing off the coast of Africa. If you live on the Altantic coast or along the Gulf of Mexico, keep an eye on the weather.

Melody
Old July 30th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Admiral

Its going to be a hot week, too bad I have to work. hope you all have a N ICE DAY