CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   I have been gone to Ohio and I think I missed a lot. (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/337166-i-have-been-gone-ohio-i-think-i-missed-lot.html)

REDWITCH 13 July 31st, 2007 01:35 PM

I have been gone to Ohio and I think I missed a lot.

I'm back for about a week. Is there anything new about the AFT cabins on the Carnival's Valor? I may have missed many topics while I was gone.
Thanks,
Darlene from Pittsburgh

REDWITCH 13 July 31st, 2007 02:31 PM

I have been gone to Ohio??? Duh...What was that? LOL I guess I was way to busy to post that I never looked at what I wrote. I meant to say I have been away in Ohio.

Darlene from Pittsburgh

Deni July 31st, 2007 05:36 PM

So where in Ohio were you?

Deni

Our cruises are approaching fast!!

REDWITCH 13 July 31st, 2007 05:40 PM

We are in Andover, Ohio. We have a summer place at Holiday Camplands. We love it there. We only came home to pay bills :(

I know where Mentor, Ohio is. We went to the Sears there to get new golf cart batteries.

What cruise are you going on?

Darlene from Pittsburgh

Deni July 31st, 2007 05:51 PM

We're on the Carnival Valor. Western. Us 2 and another couple.

You should have gone to Mentor Headlands.

Deni

REDWITCH 13 July 31st, 2007 05:53 PM

We have 36 in our group.

We drive around to get to know Ohio better. We will find things eventually. ha ha ha ha...We are learning.

Darlene

Kuki July 31st, 2007 06:17 PM

Quote:

Is there anything new about the AFT cabins on the Carnival's Valor?
Yes! You didn't hear? They fell off! LOL

REDWITCH 13 July 31st, 2007 08:45 PM

I remember when I first posted the message about the AFT balconies, that there were some who were going on a cruise and they were going to check out some information for me. That is why I was asking about the AFT cabins. I do also remember that there were past cruisers who loved them.

Thanks,
Darlene from Pittsburgh.

Deni August 1st, 2007 10:42 AM

Darlene,

Don't forget to visit me! I live on a Steelers fan infested street.

:)

Deni

REDWITCH 13 August 1st, 2007 10:46 AM

That is good to hear about it being all Steelers. We are going back up on Monday.
We are going to hit all the wineries(well, not ALL of them) LOL
We do that once a year. It is a really nice day trip. Any suggestions?

Darlene

Deni August 1st, 2007 04:40 PM

That is one of our favorite things to do...we go once or twice a month.
Have you tried?

Harpersfield
Laurello
Debonne
We love South River - you can picnic on thier property and they have a nice shelter with a huge marble fireplace which is good in spring and fall.

Last week we did Geneva-on-the-Lake wineries. The old Firehouse and the Lakehouse which is a B&B right on the water. A very pretty setting.

REDWITCH 13 August 2nd, 2007 06:01 PM

We have been to Debonne and Ferraut(sp) I like the sweeter wines. There are so many wineries, we just drive around and look for the signs.
Some have food with the wine and some just have the wine. Either way, we love to just make a day out of it.

Deni August 3rd, 2007 09:16 AM

Hi Darlene.

I (or should I say we) got married at Fererrante's. In the gazebo, it was very pretty.
Have a fun day on Monday. Try to get to Grand River Celler's. The food is wonderful!

Deni

REDWITCH 13 August 3rd, 2007 09:33 AM

Thank you so much, we will make it a point to get there. Hey, we may even go everyday and see them all. We don't know for sure when we will be back in Pittsburgh. We may stay in Ohio all August.... LOL